By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2016 NPD Results

Very close month! I like! Can't wait to see Aug for the XB1! PS4 still holding well from what I can see. Another $50 pricecut would be nice though! And Aqua you can just do a top 5 or 10 for the month is software and I will be happy with just that!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

So ExtremeBrawler, Ryng_Tolu, jungemann and poklane all want Uncharted 4. Okay, I'll talk about it, then.

So I already said that Overwatch is 423K on consoles (PC also did very well for Overwatch this month considering the physical PC market).

...Well, Uncharted didn't fare nearly as well.

Uncharted is 160K-190K including bundles.....sorry guys. Uncharted games never light up the NPD charts...they're a worldwide IP.

But on the plus side, Uncharted is still on a good place on the Top 10 this month, along with Doom. Their legs didn't just evaporate the instant their launch month was over, which is always a good sign.

DISCLAIMER FOR POSTING THIS DATA ON NEOGAF:

1) IF YOU REPOST WHAT I SAY ON NEOGAF, PLEASE QUOTE MY ENTIRE COMMENTARY INCLUDING QUOTATION MARKS AND PUT MY NAME AFTER IT, DON'T USE THE QUOTE BUTTON TO REFERENCE ME BECAUSE THEN MY COMMENTARY DISAPPEARS WHEN SOMEONE REPLIES TO IT

2) DO NOT JUST POST RAW NUMBERS OFFSITE like "Uncharted 4: 160-190K," PLEASE COPY AND PASTE MY COMMENTARY AS WELL

Surprisingly strong sales for the XBO, all things considered. It might be time for another pricecut for the PS4 by now.

Aquamarine said:

So ExtremeBrawler, Ryng_Tolu, jungemann and poklane all want Uncharted 4. Okay, I'll talk about it, then.

So I already said that Overwatch is 423K on consoles (PC also did very well for Overwatch this month considering the physical PC market).

Uncharted is 160K-190K including bundles.....sorry guys. Uncharted games never light up the NPD charts...they're a worldwide IP.

But on the plus side, Uncharted is still on a good place on the Top 10 this month, along with Doom. Their legs didn't just evaporate the instant their launch month was over, which is always a good sign.

DISCLAIMER FOR POSTING THIS DATA ON NEOGAF:

1) IF YOU REPOST WHAT I SAY ON NEOGAF, PLEASE QUOTE MY ENTIRE COMMENTARY INCLUDING QUOTATION MARKS AND PUT MY NAME AFTER IT, DON'T USE THE QUOTE BUTTON TO REFERENCE ME BECAUSE THEN MY COMMENTARY DISAPPEARS WHEN SOMEONE REPLIES TO IT

2) DO NOT JUST POST RAW NUMBERS OFFSITE like "Uncharted 4: 160-190K," PLEASE COPY AND PASTE MY COMMENTARY AS WELL

Done.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=210067158&postcount=379

Btw Aqua, outside Neogaf, are you ok i post your numbers on a Italian, called Multiplayer.it?

Of course i always mention you and i post your comment (in that site VGChartz is not banned so i always post the link when i mention you).

Completed.

Around the Network
Aquamarine said:

Ryng_Tolu, remove my post from the quote box and put quotation marks around it.

Like this:

"So ExtremeBrawler, Ryng_Tolu, jungemann and poklane all want Uncharted 4. Okay, I'll talk about it, then.

But on the plus side, Uncharted is still on a good place on the Top 10 this month, along with Doom. Their legs didn't just evaporate the instant their launch month was over, which is always a good sign."

- Aquamarine on Gamrconnect / VG Chartz

Not like this:

Aquamarine said:

Is this correct now?

the UC4 MoM (first 3 weeks vs next 5 weeks) drop was between 82% and 78,5%
Overwatch MoM performance (frist week vs next 5 weeks) was between 8% drop and 3% increase

Ryng_Tolu said:

Is this correct now?

Yes thank you. I'm still thinking about that Multiplayer.it thing.

Wasn't expecting this but great work on the numbers aqua, Any chance of some date on Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Not many more Wii U software to talk about after this one :(

Aquamarine said:

Hmmm... quite a disappointing result for those Uncharted fans (not me), looks like I predicted correctly about the legs. It's to be expected though; heavily-marketed AAA sequels don't usually have particularly strong legs.