By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2016 NPD Results

So it appears XB1 will be competitive with PS4 as long as it keeps getting good deals out. It is looking increasingly unlikely that the XB1 falls 7-10m behind the PS4. So as long as the PS4 manages to get to 40m from the US alone, the XB1 will have 30m.

Things might change with Scorpio/ Slims and Neo though.

This leads into Lifetime sales discussions of there being the possibility that the XB1 sells close to 360 or PS3 globally

Around the Network
Farsala said:
So it appears XB1 will be competitive with PS4 as long as it keeps getting good deals out. It is looking increasingly unlikely that the XB1 falls 7-10m behind the PS4. So as long as the PS4 manages to get to 40m from the US alone, the XB1 will have 30m.

This leads into Lifetime sales discussions of there being the possibility that the XB1 sells close to 360 or PS3 globally

So you predict from now on xbox one will only get super deals and ps4 wont?

Also what happens if sony reveals ps4 slim? 

Neo?

Pricecut?

With amazing deals,the ps4 still won.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Farsala said:

Neo?

Pricecut?

Retailers appear to only give XB1 deals outside of the holidays because it does not sell as much as PS4.

I mentioned Slim and Neo which coincide with Price cuts imo.

So if XB1 stays as competitive as it has the last 2.5 years then the current pace of PS4 outselling it will only be about 1m a year.  Which leads to the 10m gap, and both consoles will definitely keep on selling for years to surpass the 20m and probably the 30m mark.

Thanks as always Aqua, your contribution is great :D
First/non-deep impressions: PS4 much lower than expected, even when factoring in Batman bundles last year, One much higher than expected (I surely underestimated the two price-cuts effect), Wii U the usual, Overwatch nice with a better 2nd month (helped by the first month counting just the first five days, but still).

Software-wise, I'd love to know numbers for Kirby, Minecraft Wii U, #FE, Uncharted 4's second month, Star Ocean V, Doom's second month and ME: Catalyst. Many titles I know, but I hope we'll get stuff for at least some of them :P

Aquamarine said:
Welfare said:

That's like asking if people want water around these parts :p.

I'm gauging how dead this topic is right now. Everyone's expecting NPD data next week, and if there's no one here I won't bother.

It's no fun if no one cares about it, and that's the only reason I go through the effort to share data.

Hardware data is the only data that i care about.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Farsala said:

Neo?

Pricecut?

I don't see PS4 getting the fire sales MS gives Xbox, no. It wouldn't be worth keeping Playstation around as a viable division. Under $300 with multiple games, controllers and gift cards included constantly. There's no way MS shouldn't come out on top every month... but they don't.

Farsala said:

I don't think that the Xone will sell over 85 million lifetime. Simply because they seem to have lost to much audience in Europe. It might stay close to the PS4 in the US. But in Europe the gap is already over 11 million according to vgchartz. And that gap will be an ever growing one. The gap between the PS3 and X360 is only 9 million in Europe.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Oh wow. A nice surprise. Thanks a lot, aqua!

June 2015 was the month of Batman on PS4.

A decrease is normal this year. Rumors of PS4 Neo out later this year, also contributed.

Qwark said:
Farsala said:

I don't think that the Xone will sell over 85 million lifetime. Simply because they seem to have lost to much audience in Europe. It might stay close to the PS4 in the US. But in Europe the gap is already over 11 million according to vgchartz. And that gap will be an ever growing one. The gap between the PS3 and X360 is only 9 million in Europe.

Me neither. But as I said, there is a possibility that it sells close to them. Scorpio/ slim might replicate Kinect/ slim success for XB1.