By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2016 NPD Results

Aquamarine said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Is this correct now?

Yes thank you. I'm still thinking about that Multiplayer.it thing.

I'm not expecting it to have done much this month, and you may not be able to share the numbers, but since it's my favourite gaming IP ever, I have to ask, any numbers for R&C?

Around the Network
Aquamarine said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Is this correct now?

Yes thank you. I'm still thinking about that Multiplayer.it thing.

Basically is a normal forum when people write news, but like on GAF in the OT numbers are not up.

I would love post the numbers you usually tell us on VGC, so people may have a better idea. 

WoodenPints said:
Wasn't expecting this but great work on the numbers aqua, Any chance of some date on Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Not many more Wii U software to talk about after this one :(

Sure, if more people want it, I'll talk about TMS:FE and Mario & Sonic: Rio.

Aquamarine said:
What games do you guys want to get an idea about in terms of sales?

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir sales would be nice to know, although I'd imagine it bombed unfortunately... Also LTD for The Evil Within or The Order 1886 would be nice too.  

So you have software sales data for this month? On GAF they said they said software charts was delayed a week, or was that just for public release? Do these numbers this week include digital? 

Aquamarine said:
WoodenPints said:
Wasn't expecting this but great work on the numbers aqua, Any chance of some date on Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Not many more Wii U software to talk about after this one :(

Sure, if more people want it, I'll talk about TMS:FE and Mario & Sonic: Rio.

none interesed in the halo 5 vs uncharted 4 wars here :(
343i made the statements about halo 5 having the highest monthly active userbase since halo 3 and june was the biggest month since launch.

so i would really like to know hoch much the game sold in h1 2016 at retail. most of the backlog sales are digital these days, but the big AAA games sell still decent later into it's lifetime. IPs like Minecraft, GTA V, CoD are still huge months after launch (GTA V and Minecraft even years, tough)

Around the Network
Mazzy said:
Aquamarine said:
What games do you guys want to get an idea about in terms of sales?

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir sales would be nice to know, although I'd imagine it bombed unfortunately... Also LTD for The Evil Within or The Order 1886 would be nice too.  

So you have software sales data for this month? On GAF they said they said software charts was delayed a week, or was that just for public release? Do these numbers this week include digital? 

For normal NPD subscribers (like me), nothing changes at all. They release the same day as usual, and they just include physical numbers.

One week from now a privileged few NPD subscribers (the major publishers) get combined physical+digital data.....that excludes digital data from Nintendo + Sony + Microsoft + Sega + Bethesda + Smaller publishers.

Normal NPD subscribers aren't allowed to access digital data, so I can't leak anything from NPD's digital feed....and neither can people like Creamsugar.

The NPD Group is only doing a PR release for the physical+digital data, so that's why you haven't heard anything about the Top 10.

Aquamarine said:
Mazzy said:

For normal NPD subscribers (like me), nothing changes at all. They release the same day as usual, and they just include physical numbers.

One week from now a privileged few NPD subscribers (the major publishers) get combined physical+digital data.....that excludes digital data from Nintendo + Sony + Microsoft + Sega + Bethesda + Smaller publishers.

Normal NPD subscribers aren't allowed to access digital data, so I can't leak anything from NPD's digital feed....and neither can people like Creamsugar.

The NPD Group is only doing a PR release for the physical+digital data, so that's why you haven't heard anything about the Top 10.

Man, the top 10 will be meaningless now, when some titles include digital and some don't. Wish they would've provided charts for both physical and physical+digital.

Mazzy said:

Hmmm... quite a disappointing result for those Uncharted fans (not me), looks like I predicted correctly about the legs. It's to be expected though; heavily-marketed AAA sequels don't usually have particularly strong legs. 

Globally in the USA?

Teeqoz said:
Aquamarine said:

Man, the top 10 will be meaningless now, when some titles include digital and some don't. Wish they would've provided charts for both physical and physical+digital.

Exactly, that's what sucks about it.

There's no point in having a Top 10 if some of your titles are physical and some of your titles are physical + digital. Rankings are completely nonsenical when comparing sales performances.

I'd actually prefer it if NPD would just stick to Top 10 physical only....at least that's better than garbage rankings.

jungemann said:

none interesed in the halo 5 vs uncharted 4 wars here :(
343i made the statements about halo 5 having the highest monthly active userbase since halo 3 and june was the biggest month since launch.

so i would really like to know hoch much the game sold in h1 2016 at retail. most of the backlog sales are digital these days, but the big AAA games sell still decent later into it's lifetime. IPs like Minecraft, GTA V, CoD are still huge months after launch (GTA V and Minecraft even years, tough)

Sounds like typical PR spin (just like the 400m in revenue headline), as it just had a free weekend.... 

And then there's the supposed 16.5m players, which doesn't add up with the sales data.