By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Paper Mario: Color Splash's story will make you cry"

In E3 interviews, Paper Mario: Color Splash producer Risa Tabata has stressed the importance of story in this new title. That’s something Intelligent Systems is focusing on quite a bit, including the humor. Tabata also told Eurogamer that once you’ve completed the story, “you’ll probably cry.”

source: http://nintendoeverything.com/paper-mario-color-splash-producer-believes-the-games-story-could-make-you-cry/

Around the Network

The only game I've ever cried at was Mother 3, so we'll see about that statement.

Cry tears of sadness for the Paper Mario series, that is..

bet: lost

Yeah I did hear that they're focusing on story while being like Sticker Star. Can't wait for this one. And yes, I've played every Paper Mario and this one seems like good fun. No PM64 or TTYD but it'll be fun.

I remember Super Paper Mario (my favorite in the series) had some sad moments in the plot and even the ending was somewhat sad... It was not enough to make me cry, but...

Let's see how Color Splash will compare, but I don't know...

Around the Network

Will make me cry because Paint Bowser will be the most uninspired final boss ever.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I love Paper Mario but I'm just not excited for this game. I'll still buy it since I love the series but I highly doubt I'm gonna cry.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It's gona make you cry, cry for the fate of the Paper Mario series :]

Now that I have completed Undertale I can't help but think of Sans when I make statements like this...

Im super excited for this game. I loved Sticker Star.

Ljink96 said:
Yeah I did hear that they're focusing on story while being like Sticker Star. Can't wait for this one. And yes, I've played every Paper Mario and this one seems like good fun. No PM64 or TTYD but it'll be fun.

^^^

All these "purests" that can't appreciate when Paper Mario truly stands for; creativity and innovation (which is only allowed when you don't continue making the same game over and over like the M&L series, which has become quite stagnant).