By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Paper Mario: Color Splash's story will make you cry"

Inb4 it turns out to be a good game, lol. Still not convinced in the meantime...

Around the Network

I hope it's in a good way. I'm all for new ideas in Paper Mario, as long as they're good. If Sticker Star had a focus on story and characters equal to the gameplay, I'm guessing it would be loved (and if they fixed the design of some areas...). I actually preferred Super Paper Mario to TTYD because the story, and the fact that it wouldn't go to the battle mode every time I made contact with an enemy, and because I found traversing the areas more fun.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

In the treehouse livestream they also kept driving home the fact that the paint bucket is a great, original character. They've obviously heard our complaints and are lamely trying to play the game up. It's sad, but it's actually a really great thing.

Life is Strange, To The Moon and The Last of Us are the only games that have ever made me cry.... so no i don't think color splash would.

Sticker Star's story made me cry too, but not in a good way.

Around the Network

Because how bad it'll be? I hope not.

The game already made me cry.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Even if the story is stellar, the gameplay looks so dull and uninteresting. :/ I want it to be good.. Please be good :c

HylianYoshi said:
Cry tears of sadness for the Paper Mario series, that is..

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Dulfite said:

^^^

All these "purests" that can't appreciate when Paper Mario truly stands for; creativity and innovation (which is only allowed when you don't continue making the same game over and over like the M&L series, which has become quite stagnant).

That double standard. Color Splash is exactly like Sticker Star, who is just a massively stripped down TTYD. Being lesser isn't creative or innovative, it's just bad. Super Paper Mario is the only one that's truely different.