By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever stopped playing a game for a reason related to the storyline?

Roronaa_chan said:

Gears of war 3, football scene. facepalmed my brain right out of my skull and didn't touch it again

FFVII. When that happened and I felt nothing

Oh, you felt nothing during the bathtub scene? I always get THE boner when I see it, still to this day.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
Dyllyo said:
Actually, I find THE LACK of any story can deter me.

If you are literally a guy with a gun, just going around shooting people, it usually immediately turns me off. I need to be more invested than that. Even a cool, interesting lead character is enough, as long as they aren't a complete douche.

You should play Rogue Warrior, super loveable main character you play as.

I should point out... this "Song" is NSFW or... well... it's just awful and offensive in every way, 18s+ language.

Whoever figured this was the sort of character that gamers would relate to... I mean It's just amazingly out of touch with reality.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I've known people that can't finish Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright/Conquest after they played the other version because...spoilers.

JOKA_ said:
Not so much the story, but the dialogue in FF13.

I had never played a FF game before and decided to try because of the hype. The lines are so bad. So bad.

That's actually a major reason why I never picked up any of FF13.  So much poor writing, translation, and lines grasping for depth that don't actually mean a dang thing.  

Yes, plenty of games where the story and game ended so I stopped playing.

Around the Network

Nah. No story has ever made me quit a game. In my opinion, 90% of the stories told in games are terrible so the story doesn't mean that much to me when it comes to finishing a game. However, I am moved by good stories.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Bethesda games... I often quit the questline just prior to the final mission. I refused to do the final mission in fallout 4 as of yet lol

Jpcc86 said:
Only one comes to mind: Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2. The first one was awesome. But LoS2's story was weak and so annoying and basically ruined the character that is no surprise it killed the franchise as a whole. FU Konami.

Let's just pretend Lords of Shadow was the "swan song" of Castlevania and that it's sequel's never existed.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I came very close to quitting Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon both because its story was deplorable compared to earlier entries, and because its gameplay wasn't as good, stuck it out though. So no, don't think I've ever quit just on story alone.

Yes, Grandia Extreme was so bad, I did not care to finish it.