By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever stopped playing a game for a reason related to the storyline?

The story of Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty was a factor in me not buying the other expansios.

*spoiler*

I mean what the fuck. From Raynor vowing to avenge Fenix in that awesome scene in the end of BW to "I have to cure my girlfriend, thousands of lives be damned" Nothing made sense, the characters and their motivations didn't make sense and the story sucked. Nothing felt as if large-scale things happened in the galaxy. Getting away with sieging the Zerg homeworld? It's so shit. Just a dogshit fucking shitstain of a story. A fanfiction would have been better.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Jpcc86 said:

That's irrelevant for the purpose of this post. Also, Kojima was an advisor in the first one but had nothing to do with LOS2. 

No its not, the minute you wrote FU Konami you made it relevant. Originally speaking LoS was not a Castlevania game but it was Kojima's idea to turn it into a Castlevania. He then greenlit the project. He didnt have anything to do with development but it was HIS idea. HE greenlit it. I already know Kojima had nothing to do with second. LoS2 was mess because of its ego centric Director. Nothing to do with Kojima or Konami. No need whatsoever for the FU Konami.  

I don't even know why you are bringing Kojima up.  If he "greenlit" the project is irrelevant because im not talking about the first game. I already said I liked the first game. That's not even in discussion. So im gonna leave that argument behind as its pointless to begin with.

Konami owns the game (LOS2). They hired the developers and director and they supervised the project. It's their property, hence their responsibility. Im not gonna wash them from responsibility because of the outsourcing. If it serves your need of semantic perfection then let me rephrase my last line to "FU Konami for hiring that director". 

Nautilus said:
Xxain said:
Man, you make a lot of threads that at the core, are basically the same thing: List something. You make so many at a time as well. Chill out.

Its fun.Let him be.

I feel protected.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Wright said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How can you not cry? She's dead! The MC's little sister. Do you not like your little sister or something? :(

So, if that didn't make you cry, what has?

If the scene is so dumb, how can they expect me to cry. It's that simple, doesn't matter who the character is. xD

I cried with Cast Away.

That reminds me of Gears 2. I didn't stop playing, yet the scene where he 'rescues' his wife was so dumb it made me laugh and annoyed at the stupidity at the same time. At least he got over it quickly, back to happy murdering.
I did get some tears in the walking dead, train car scene.

Not so much the story, but the dialogue in FF13.

I had never played a FF game before and decided to try because of the hype. The lines are so bad. So bad.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Nautilus said:

Its fun.Let him be.

I feel protected.

S2

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

SvennoJ said:

That reminds me of Gears 2. I didn't stop playing, yet the scene where he 'rescues' his wife was so dumb it made me laugh and annoyed at the stupidity at the same time. At least he got over it quickly, back to happy murdering.

I think the intention on both scenes is pure and dramatic, but the way it was done, I dunno. Its tone was undermined by the way it is presented to the player.

Nautilus said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I feel protected.

S2

lol

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Wright said:
SvennoJ said:

I think the intention on both scenes is pure and dramatic, but the way it was done, I dunno. Its tone was undermined by the way it is presented to the player.

In Gears it felt out of place, a weird kind of side filler. I had no emotional attachment with the characters. Badly presented I guess, like one of those akward Bioware sex scenes. It felt forced all the way through. I don't remember being affected by Valkyria Chronicles either. As you said, it felt forced and out of place.
Same with Tlou for me, too quick, no emotional attachment yet with Sarah or Joel. Actually twice in tlou, Sam didn't fare any better. That came over as a ploy to get rid of them and get on with the journey. Actually both of those scenes felt like, drop the baggage and get going.
It's really hard for action games where you kill people all the time to affect me with a death scene. It doesn't help I always go against what the game wants and have already died or tried killing them myself numerous times :)

Gears of war 3, football scene. facepalmed my brain right out of my skull and didn't touch it again

FFVII. When that happened and I felt nothing