By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever stopped playing a game for a reason related to the storyline?

Jpcc86 said:
Only one comes to mind: Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2. The first one was awesome. But LoS2's story was weak and so annoying and basically ruined the character that is no surprise it killed the franchise as a whole. FU Konami.

This is a silly post, especially considering it was Hideo Kojima who greenlit the series to begin with. Then on top of that it is widely confirmed by the games staff the director was solely responsible for the mess LoS2 was. 

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Man, you make a lot of threads that at the core, are basically the same thing: List something. You make so many at a time as well. Chill out.

Its fun.Let him be.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Only if the game is bad.And yes, that includes bad storytelling.But only if the overall game is bad.

Stop playing a game because you felt insulted because of something it said is stupid.I mean, usually if you dont like the games theme and all, you should not buy the game in the first place, since that part will be explicit in the game overview/reviews.

Second this for me, too. A story only enhances a game for me, not detracts from it. But if the gameplay is bad, it's unplayable to me. 

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Ka-pi96 said:
Stopped playing Valkyria Chronicles after a certain story event (people who've played it should know which one I mean).

I do plan on going back to it though, it was just quite intense is all.

What story event? I don't know which one you're referring.

I almost quit the Witcher 3 because it forced me to kill everyone in the pub in the prologue. Not the way I wanted to play that character, so far I had been pursuing the peaceful mediator route. I restarted the game, not caring about game version Geralt anymore and played it like a murderous psychopath as any other game. He's better in the books.

I never played ME3 because of the story. Currently I'm reading the revelation space series from Alastair Reynolds, much much much much better.

Around the Network

Only really with story driven games like visual novels and point and click adventures.
So....
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - the story was progressing to slowly.
Walking Dead - I found boring and felt id seen the story all before in countless zombie things.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

What story event? I don't know which one you're referring.

The one you cried at.

And if you didn't cry... you have no heart!

I didn't cry at any point in the game, so I'm still wondering what scene are you referring.

Xxain said:
Jpcc86 said:
Only one comes to mind: Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2. The first one was awesome. But LoS2's story was weak and so annoying and basically ruined the character that is no surprise it killed the franchise as a whole. FU Konami.

This is a silly post, especially considering it was Hideo Kojima who greenlit the series to begin with. Then on top of that it is widely confirmed by the games staff the director was solely responsible for the mess LoS2 was. 

That's irrelevant for the purpose of this post. Also, Kojima was an advisor in the first one but had nothing to do with LOS2. 

I stopped playing MGS 5 because it's story is basically broken up into a bunch of mini games. I bought MGS 5 because I was such a fan of MGS1-MGS3 and expected the same level of sci-fi/military/espionage story telling.

I got to mission 17, looked up how many missions there are because I was sick of it and was hoping that there'd be like 25 etc. When I saw someone say nearly 50 I was like... nope... fuck it... I'm done. lol

Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

I didn't cry at any point in the game, so I'm still wondering what scene are you referring.

Wow, Wright is heartless confirmed!

If the part where Isara died didn't make you cry then what does?

How can that dumb scene where a girl gets shot (out of nowhere, from soldiers that were supposedly dead considering where they came from and that no one bothers going after), no one calls the medic and then there's that horrible, horrible song part, make someone cry? I knew you probably were talking about this scene, but it's so UGH.