By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever stopped playing a game for a reason related to the storyline?

Ka-pi96 said:

How can you not cry? She's dead! The MC's little sister. Do you not like your little sister or something? :(

So, if that didn't make you cry, what has?

If the scene is so dumb, how can they expect me to cry. It's that simple, doesn't matter who the character is. xD

I cried with Cast Away.

Around the Network

Catherine story was a bit odd.... but more so for me because the main characters name is Vincent... and so is mine, wife giving me funny looks with the onscreen characters climbing over me going "OOooooo Vince" was like... eeerrrr... maybe I'll play this later on.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Bravely Default. Now it's story collapse near the end does effect the gameplay, but the root and really annoying problem is the story just gives up for 90% of the third act and it just completely and utterly sucked out all my enthusiasmfor the game.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

If the scene is so dumb, how can they expect me to cry. It's that simple, doesn't matter who the character is. xD

I cried with Cast Away.

Because you have a fetish for american footballs?

More like empathy for Tom Hank's cries. :(

Jpcc86 said:
Xxain said:

This is a silly post, especially considering it was Hideo Kojima who greenlit the series to begin with. Then on top of that it is widely confirmed by the games staff the director was solely responsible for the mess LoS2 was. 

That's irrelevant for the purpose of this post. Also, Kojima was an advisor in the first one but had nothing to do with LOS2. 

No its not, the minute you wrote FU Konami you made it relevant. Originally speaking LoS was not a Castlevania game but it was Kojima's idea to turn it into a Castlevania. He then greenlit the project. He didnt have anything to do with development but it was HIS idea. HE greenlit it. I already know Kojima had nothing to do with second. LoS2 was mess because of its ego centric Director. Nothing to do with Kojima or Konami. No need whatsoever for the FU Konami.  

Around the Network

Furi, only boss battles was kind of okay. Long long long cutscenes of slow walking in between with uninteresting dialogue I just couldn't.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Oops, wrong thread. Ignore this.

I don't usually care about the stories in video games because frankly, nearly all of them are lousy. However in the case of Valkyria Chronicles the insipid tripe I was greeted to upon starting the game was enough to put me off of it entirely. Someday I'll give it another shot because the gameplay honestly looks pretty good but it's hardly a priority.

Actually, I find THE LACK of any story can deter me.

If you are literally a guy with a gun, just going around shooting people, it usually immediately turns me off. I need to be more invested than that. Even a cool, interesting lead character is enough, as long as they aren't a complete douche.

No I don't care for storyline, I play for gameplay, design, art, a good story will enhance the game but I don't play a game that only futures a good story
If I am playing a game with a good story and there are things ir moments that I dislike I just pretend that it's not there and I continue