By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar Vs Blizzard

Which on is the better company?

Blizzard 134 36.22%

Rockstar 165 44.59%

Konami 42 11.35%

None of those 29 7.84%

Total:370

Rockstar has Red Dead Redemption. Blizzard has .... I vote Rockstar.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Azzanation said:

Well you just proved my point. I was wrong about Blizzard being bigger than the console manufactures however Blizzard is above both Rockstar and Komani. In fact i don't think iv even seen them on that list. So fact is Blizzard is much bigger than both Komani and Rockstar because they are the biggest none console manufacturer and goes to show that numbers speak louder than words. As much as you dont want to accept it, Blizzard games have surpassed anything Komani has made and on par with anything Rockstar makes. 1 game in MGS or GTA does not beat a company that has many GTAs and MGS.

http://www.therichest.com/business/the-worlds-most-successful-video-game-companies/

It's not a matter of me wanting to accept something or not, you are sounding like I have something against Blizzard, while I actually voted for it here against Rockstar and Diablo is one of my favorite series ever (with the first game being on my top 10 list of all time), I love Blizzard, as I do love Rockstar just as well, I'm personally inclined to both of them rather than Konami as my personal opinion goes, even as Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania have some of my favorite games just as well, the thing is that Konami still has more quality games than Blizzard or Rockstar, and that's what you, not me, don't want to accept, as I can, even personally siding with either Blizzard or Rockstar rather than Konami and lately being very dissapointed with Konami, I can perfectly accept it, because it's just as it is, and I'm pointing this because of your comical relief over Konami being on the pool, as it is a legendary video game developer just as Blizzard or Rockstar, and actually have more quality games/franchises sinding on them than any of those.

Why even bother arguing? You could make the most comprehensive argument in the history of debate and he'd be all

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren does have a point ya know, if there is someone you know to have an opinion set in stone if you use keystrokes to try to change that it really is just your own time you're wasting Bralod, there are some opinions people just want to hold true regardless of the facts presented, Like I said I do it myself with the most successful handheld in gaming the Vita heh. No facts about how badly it done for sony or how it doesn't have libraries to suit every person effects the fact that to me it's the number 1 console even, not just handheld.

There are some cases where facts don't really apply to deterring what people wish to believe and it's not a new thing to happen either, without going into it, all I can say is one word , religion. if ya look at it from the same rational.

As much as Konami currently are in a very bad position I do completely agree with Bralod though, over the decades they have existed Konami have had some of the best games which got a lot of people into gaming or have made some people come back years later to see how series they loved 20 years ago like Metal Gear Solid are still doing well today. For me in 2016 I wouldn't hold them above either of the other 2 companies, but I still agree wholeheartedly that they have done a whole lot for gaming over all.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Honestly, I've never cared that much about either developer. From Rockstar I've only really played Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 all the way through. Both are are good games, but not great. I haven't cared much about GTA since the first two games, and even then they were just momentary distractions before something better came along.

From Blizzard I've mostly played their RTS titles like Starcraft and Warcraft 2 and 3, but I always thought C&C and Total Annihilation were much more enjoyable games. I know that Konami is a joke entry in the poll, but I've actually liked many more of their games compared to the other two.

Rockstar since I am mainly a console gamer, but for pc Blizzard is a better company.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I enjoyed playing more Konami games than either of the two.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

BraLoD said:
Azzanation said:

Well you just proved my point. I was wrong about Blizzard being bigger than the console manufactures however Blizzard is above both Rockstar and Komani. In fact i don't think iv even seen them on that list. So fact is Blizzard is much bigger than both Komani and Rockstar because they are the biggest none console manufacturer and goes to show that numbers speak louder than words. As much as you dont want to accept it, Blizzard games have surpassed anything Komani has made and on par with anything Rockstar makes. 1 game in MGS or GTA does not beat a company that has many GTAs and MGS.

http://www.therichest.com/business/the-worlds-most-successful-video-game-companies/

It's not a matter of me wanting to accept something or not, you are sounding like I have something against Blizzard, while I actually voted for it here against Rockstar and Diablo is one of my favorite series ever (with the first game being on my top 10 list of all time), I love Blizzard, as I do love Rockstar just as well, I'm personally inclined to both of them rather than Konami as my personal opinion goes, even as Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania have some of my favorite games just as well, the thing is that Konami still has more quality games than Blizzard or Rockstar, and that's what you, not me, don't want to accept, as I can, even personally siding with either Blizzard or Rockstar rather than Konami and lately being very dissapointed with Konami, I can perfectly accept it, because it's just as it is, and I'm pointing this because of your comical relief over Konami being on the pool, as it is a legendary video game developer just as Blizzard or Rockstar, and actually have more quality games/franchises sinding on them than any of those.

That’s fine if you’re talking on your own opinion and preferences. I grew up playing Komani games just as much as the next guy. However based off success, Komani isn’t in the top 5 list of most valuable game companies or top 5 richest. Castlevania is a good game so is Silent Hill however there not even in the same league as a Blizzard made game. That’s not my opinion, that’s actually how it is. MGS is Komani’s best series which can hold its head up high however Blizzard have a variety of some of the best games in there genres and not only that, there incredibly successful, NIntendo like successful. Blizzard is like the modern Disney of gaming. Why do you think there games are so popular? It’s not a bias opinion, there games are just amazing. Konami and Rockstar are also great but there no different to iD, or Bethesda etc.  Blizzard is bigger than EA and Bandai Namco. It’s sort of not even a debate. Sure you prefer Konami games more than Blizzard but that doesn’t change the fact that Blizzard are a more valuable company and in my own opinion, there games are much better, that’s just my preference.

What’s crazy is that the only gaming companies bigger than Blizzard are the console manufacturers like Nintendo, Sony and Xbox. So for a none console maker, Blizzard are basically number one when it comes to games and their own games do the talking. Blizzard games have also been mention in the Guinness book of Records on more than one occasion. Proof is there.

BraLoD said:
Azuren said:

Why even bother arguing? You could make the most comprehensive argument in the history of debate and he'd be all

Yup, it's pointless, most of it has not even been read, the answers come from stuff that's has already been address as if it hasn't, as usual, but well, sometimes I like to write XP

Haha dude your own links you posted show Blizzard rated higher than Komani. I dont even have to prove it. You did it for me.

Thanks for the XP ;)

BraLoD said:
Azzanation said:

Haha dude your own links you posted show Blizzard rated higher than Komani. I dont even have to prove it. You did it for me.

Thanks for the XP ;)

You just keep proving you don't even read what you are replying to, you might think you are in the up side on this, but boy you keep making you look worse each reply.

For each their own, heh...

Not much to say here apart from being 5th biggest is bigger than 8th biggest and thats from your own links. Blizzard at the end of the day have the bigger IPs. Rather you choose to accept that or not.

Blizzard. I want to play Overwatch at one point, the latest GTAs have been disappointing.