By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar Vs Blizzard

Which on is the better company?

Blizzard 134 36.22%

Rockstar 165 44.59%

Konami 42 11.35%

None of those 29 7.84%

Total:370

Red Dead alone secures a victory for Rockstar. I despise what Blizzard has become.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Azzanation said:

As much as i would like to agree that Komani has released amazing games in the past, i are no where near on the same level as Blizzard. Blizzard are just so much more successful and also offer some of the best quality games on the market, Komani not so much these days. Blizzard as a whole has been and still are making great games with such high standards. As for Rockstar, they only make one type of game and that isnt enough for me to give them credit for being one of the best. They are the best at Open World games but thats it. Blizzard offer not only many of the best games of there genres, you will be playing them for years on end.

Konami has way more successful games that Blizzard.
You may be right not on the same level individually nowdays, but Konami is still a long shot for Blizzard to reach.

That's coming from someone who has Diablo as one of the very best games ever made, and that nowdays hate Konami.

Konami has a lot of iconic games but never had blockbusters like Blizzard. For exemple, the Castlevania series (which I adore) never has had a game topping 2 millions units sold. Their biggest series would be Metal Gear Solid but even that never reached WoW or even StarCraft numbers.

So if we go by number of quality games produced, Konami wins easily but I'd say Blizzard has had more impact.

Signature goes here!

Blizzard. Because awesomeness off the RTS games

This poll is sort of which do you prefer PC's or Consoles, maybe it's slightly changed now, but Blizzard are absolutely amazing on the PC scene and less so on the consoles (Diablo and Overwatch aren't bad at all, but before that you have to go back to Warcraft 2 on the PSone and then back to Lost Vikings on the SNES to find Blizzard titles on consoles)

Rockstar have been better to PC in more recent years but they still are slightly more in favour of the consoles just in terms of bringing GTA5 to the X360 and PS3 one year or more before it came to the PC and still no word on a remaster or even port of some titles like RDR to the PC, that might change in a while, but as they are right now I would really see Rockstar as a console dev.

That said... as much as I love the heck outta all the GTA universe and the WWE franchise games.... I've spent so long lost in Azeroth and more recently in blasting away at Overwatch that Blizzard gets my vote on this.

Also why the f is Konami in the Poll lol, Pachinko machine forums opening here soon?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

BraLoD said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Konami has a lot of iconic games but never had blockbusters like Blizzard. For exemple, the Castlevania series (which I adore) never has had a game topping 2 millions units sold. Their biggest series would be Metal Gear Solid but even that never reached WoW or even StarCraft numbers.

So if we go by number of quality games produced, Konami wins easily but I'd say Blizzard has had more impact.

Metal Gear Solid is quite damn big.
But yeah, I'm talking about quality games, together with MGS, such as Castlevania, Silent Hill, Suikoden as very highly taken series, and another ones such as TMNT games, Sunset Riders, Gradius series, Winning Eleven/PES games, Frogger, Yu-gi-oh! games, Contra series, ZOE games, the amount of good games that Konami has done is still yet to be scratched by Blizzard or Rockstar.

They do have a 20 year head start too

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Rockstar are miles ahead of both of those companies. They arn't even in the same league.

BraLoD said:
Azzanation said:

As much as i would like to agree that Komani has released amazing games in the past, i are no where near on the same level as Blizzard. Blizzard are just so much more successful and also offer some of the best quality games on the market, Komani not so much these days. Blizzard as a whole has been and still are making great games with such high standards. As for Rockstar, they only make one type of game and that isnt enough for me to give them credit for being one of the best. They are the best at Open World games but thats it. Blizzard offer not only many of the best games of there genres, you will be playing them for years on end.

Konami has way more successful games that Blizzard.
You may be right not on the same level individually nowdays, but Konami is still a long shot for Blizzard to reach.

That's coming from someone who has Diablo as one of the very best games ever made, and that nowdays hate Konami.

Konami has made gems in the past etc however lets talk more facts than opinions now. Blizzard/Activision is the biggest gaming company today even bigger than the comsole manufacturers like Nintendo, Sony and Xbox. Now if you exclude Activision from that point, Blizzard is still just way more successful and games like Castlevania are great games etc however success wise there not even in the same league as Blizzard. Blizzard can buy both companies like Komani and Rockstar if they wanted to invest. Thats how big they are. 

Konami should be added to the thread title
I can't choose them right now but two of my all time favs came from konami, castlevania & MGS

BraLoD said:
Azzanation said:

Konami has made gems in the past etc however lets talk more facts than opinions now. Blizzard/Activision is the biggest gaming company today even bigger than the comsole manufacturers like Nintendo, Sony and Xbox. Now if you exclude Activision from that point, Blizzard is still just way more successful and games like Castlevania are great games etc however success wise there not even in the same league as Blizzard. Blizzard can buy both companies like Komani and Rockstar if they wanted to invest. Thats how big they are. 

It's not my opinion, Konami does have more succesful titles than Blizzard, that's a fact.
Blizzard have some games better selling than Konami average, indeed, that's a fact just as well.

But what are you into to think Blizzard is bigger than Sony (SCE/SIE, because Sony is the whole thing), XBOX and Nintendo? LOL.
And Blizzard can buy Rockstar? Blizzard was the one to be bought into Activision, like Rockstar is part of Take-Two just as well.

You say you wanna talk facts but keep throwing me your opinion, that's so damn hypocritical, what's up with that?

Even worse as that point has nothing to do with what I'm talking about or the thread per se.
It's not "which is the richest", even as I'll address that as you went for that route throwing me your opinion instead of facts as you asked for, but is about one company vs another, asking for people opinions, defined by their games, and the third company added, the one you laughed at and I'm addressing here, have more successful games that both companies the thread is aimed at (even the one you blindly want to put on a pedestal because it support, with indeed an amazing output, your so loved platform, the PC), that's the subject here.

Just to give some actual facts so thats bs can be put to an end:

Most Valuable Video Game Developers (2014)
http://www.therichest.com/business/companies-business/top-10-richest-video-game-developers-in-the-world/
Most Valuable Video Game Developers (2015)
http://top101news.com/2015-2016-2017-2018/news/gaming/richest-video-game-companies/

SCE 1st, XBOX 2nd, Nintendo 3rd, Sega 4th, Activision Blizzard 5th, that's even with all of Activision, the biggest part, in the sum.

Well you just proved my point. I was wrong about Blizzard being bigger than the console manufactures however Blizzard is above both Rockstar and Komani. In fact i don't think iv even seen them on that list. So fact is Blizzard is much bigger than both Komani and Rockstar because they are the biggest none console manufacturer and goes to show that numbers speak louder than words. As much as you dont want to accept it, Blizzard games have surpassed anything Komani has made and on par with anything Rockstar makes. 1 game in MGS or GTA does not beat a company that has many GTAs and MGS.

http://www.therichest.com/business/the-worlds-most-successful-video-game-companies/

I'm not really a fan of either, but Rockstar made Red Dead Redemption, so I vote them

But I said Konami in the poll, because as shit as they are now, they still gave us MGS