By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry takes a closer look at Breath of the Wild

Their analysis this time is more positive than their initial one.

Turns out the game does have AA. Their earlier report that it didn't was based on a poorly calibrated screen at E3. Water reflections are also entirely real-time, (not cubemaps as in Xenoblade Chronicles X) and they praise the game's physics as well as its implementation of depth of field and light shafts.

Around the Network

I have to be consistent here. I don't really care about this stuff when it comes to Xbox and PS games, and I don't really care about it when it comes to Nintendo games. Breath of the Wild could look and perform like Wind Waker for all I care.

But this is good news for our resident tech heads :)

I don't even know how is possible this game can run in WiiU, huge achievement right there.

And God, this game looks so good, my hype levels are insane, I have to stop watching videos about it.

next gen console

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Great video, those E3 videos were pretty bad quality.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
It is pretty impressive on Wii U. Can't wait to see the NX version, hoping for 1080p, 60 fps, and better anti-aliasing at the very least. Hopefully they'll manage to improve a few other things in the NX version as well, such as draw distances or textures.

If Wind Waker and TP remasters didn't have 60fps I doubt the NX version of Breath of the Wild will.

They are impressed.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Crazy what can be accomplished on the system when a budget is applied to games on it.

I like zelda

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Man the comment section is absolute trash, the butthurt is real and, surprisingly, it comes from both sides, when Nintendo fans could have a chance to prove their superiority (only on an intellectual level and just in this case of course) given that the game has to be praised for what it accompishes on this hardwere, here they are insulting people who say stuff like "Looks Like The Witcher but for 4 year olds" instead of discussing with them and proving themselves right, what a shame...