By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda treats console gamers likes second class citizens, dont buy Skyrim Remastered

Ruler said:
Slimebeast said:
First, because there is no exsisting Skyrim version at all on XBoxOne or PS4.

And second, by giving it for free to those who already own Skyrim with DLC on PC, Bethesda wants to show respect for the whole PC community, that it has supported Elder Scrolls for decades, and especially thank the guys who make and enjoy mods.

they could give it for free to all these xbox live and psn users who downloaded all the stuff too. How is it fair? Whats the meassurement here which community supported bethesda more? last game Fallout 4 sold massivlay more on PS4 and Xbox One, 

Well, perhaps they thought that PC gamers are easily pissed off to risk selling the same game for full price twice, while console gamers will happily shell out 60 bucks without bothering to ask any complicated questions.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Goodness, poor console gamers always being screwed over by developers.

I chuckled. 

I heard they're going to lock frame rate for consoles, pretty much like Dishonored Definitive Edition did, although you can get this game for free if you bought pre-ordered Dishonored 2.

And you're RIGHT, Resident Evil 4/5/6 remastered complete is a lot cheaper than Skyrim Special Edition, 3 Resident Evil remastered games together are 60 bucks total, heck they're all running 1080p60fps & upgraded textures.

EDIT

Ruler said:

I am not into Skyrim but why is it excatable that PS4 and Xbox One owners have to pay full 60€/$ for a Remaster? While PC gamers dont have to buy anything, if they have bought the Game of the Year Edition of Skyrim or all the DLC in the vanilla version they will get Skyrim Special Edition for free.

Why cant Bethesda treat console gamers the same way at least the PS360 DIgital owners of the same stuff like PC gamers?

And 60 bucks for a remaster? i think this is a complete ripp off. Its cheaper to import the physical version of Resident Evil 5 Remaster (35€) here from the USA than buying this remaster locally. And 20$ if you live in the US, thats 3 copies of Resident Evil 5 Remastered you can buy for the price Bethesda is charging for. Like WTF Bethesda?

And i dont see any one brining this up in the media?

Was the Resi 5 remaster really launched at only $20?

The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions don't look as good as the PC version on good settings to start with, and then there's mods. With mods, the PC version looks a lot better than even the remastered version. There's no way PC players would eagerly pay for the remastered version, so even trying to make it cost something would be futile and generate tons of badwill. It simply doesn't make any sense for Bethesda to have PC players pay for it. Console gamers, on the other hand, have proven that they don't mind buying remastered versions of games they already own, so from Bethesda's point of view, this all makes a lot of sense. Sorry, but it seems you're in the minority among console gamers here when you're complaining about this.

tl;dr: It's not enough of an upgrade for PC gamers so it wouldn't sell well, but console gamers are willing to pay for remasters even if they're not huge upgrades.

The price is pretty horrible though, but what can you do. A lot of remasters seem to be priced in a pretty hostile manner, yet people buy them anyway. This is a part of the choice you make when you decide you want to play games on consoles. You save on the initial cost (i.e. cost of the hardware) but end up paying more, or in cases like this even a lot more, for software (i.e. games). It's unfortunate, but you can't get both.

Around the Network

One also has to consider licensing and retail fees. PC gamers are getting a patch, while console gamers are getting games on platforms where they did not exist before which Sony and Microsoft will charge licensing fees and retailers will charge retail fees.

RE5 sucks, meanwhile Skyrim is goddamn amazing. So there you go. I mean, I could buy 4 or 5 cheeseburgers from McDonalds for the price of one Five Guys burger. Doesn't mean I wanna.

Also, if a PC owner has the game and all DLC, theres not much reason for them to buy the game. Kudos to Bethesda forngiving it away free.

Ruler said:
Azerth said:
Cuz that version does nothing to pc users due to mods that make the game look better

Its the offical version not some mods. 

What i poorly tried to say was that this verison offers nothing to pc users.  Everything in it can be or has been done with mods

pokoko said:
Goodness, poor console gamers always being screwed over by developers.

Heheheh

Skyrim played like crap on consoles. It's the elder scrolls that's the least deserving of a remaster but of course, bethesda fans will buy it "again". *shrugs