By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda treats console gamers likes second class citizens, dont buy Skyrim Remastered

Dyllyo said:
vivster said:
PC gamers already had the Remaster for years and for free via mods. So they don't have to pay for it because they already own the remaster. It wouldn't make sense to charge for it because nobody would buy it. Console gamers however are getting content they didn't have before. Why wouldn't you have to pay for something that a developer had to put work into?

Do you also want the Neo for free because you already had a PS4 and Neo is just an upgrade?

See? This is why people hate the "masterrace". Console games have firmware updates just as often. Why fuck half your consumers? Witcher 3 had numerous firmware updates, ON CONSOLES, that fixed framerate and graphical issues. Why can't Bethesda do that? Because they think it's okay to fuck over console gamers, because they think less of them. 

Because the people had to BUY the witcher 3 in order to get those updates. How can Bethesda give firmware updates to a game people dont own. Selling games is completely different to updating them

Around the Network

I don't even understand the complaint here.

Are people really comparing an update on the same platform to new ports on different architectures?  

That doesn't make any sense.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I will not waste a single euro on bethesda for this, they already made me waste 60 euros on a broken ps3 port years ago, they can shove this remaster where sun does not shine xD

Not to mention upping the Fallout 4 season pass to $50-$80 (depending on your region) bragging about additional content. Then later turns out it's one (maybe two) legit expansions, 2 small mission chains and 2 mods essentially. So glad I got it before the price rise but I would be miiiiggghhhty pissed if I paid the new price.

Aeolus451 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

On 360, it played great given the specs. PC is always the better option if you're willing to spend the money on a high end PC.

I'm sure some fans will buy it again. And I'm sure some people that never played it will buy it for the first time.

It did not play great on the 360 compared to other games. Have a friend who played mainly on the 360 and played skyrim on there. He eventually got a PS3 after the 360 broke and played it on there. The 360's skyrim is still very buggy but it's no where near as bad as it was on the PS3 but regardless it played like shit compared to other games on those consoles. Him and me spent alot of time comparing the amount of bugs in those console versions. 

You're right about PC being the better option but it makes no sense to reward a company for a shit product with money over and over again. People at the very least shouldn't buy it day 1 to see what it's like.  Personally, I'm gonna wait til it's released to get a sense of how buggy it's gonna be and what mods are available for it. Most likekly, I won't buy it again.

I spent like a hundred hours on the 360 version, it ran fine. I'm not denying some frame dips and bugs, but it was totally a viable way to play the game. I didn't play it on PS3 but the issues of that version are well known.

Hey, its the consumers option to buy the remaster and nobody is being forced into it. If Bethesda gets rewarded with great sales, its because they have a product consumers want. You're also ignoring this is going to be the first time some people play Skyrim.

Personally, I feel $60 is a bit much for a 5 year old game. But with all the DLC, visual improvments, and addition of mods. It does offer a lot of value compared to most games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ruler said:

I am not into Skyrim but why is it excatable that PS4 and Xbox One owners have to pay full 60€/$ for a Remaster? While PC gamers dont have to buy anything, if they have bought the Game of the Year Edition of Skyrim or all the DLC in the vanilla version they will get Skyrim Special Edition for free.

Why cant Bethesda treat console gamers the same way at least the PS360 DIgital owners of the same stuff like PC gamers?

I don't know if you've noticed this or not but the XBox 1 and especially the PS4 aren't exactly backwards compatible like the PC platform is.

Ruler said:

And 60 bucks for a remaster? i think this is a complete ripp off.

Then I suggest you wait for the price to come down.

Around the Network

No interest in buying Skyrim again, and asking $60 for it? Bethesda can fuck right off. But of course, business practices won't change if money is made, and nobody has the self control to not throw wads of cash at their buggy bullshit.

Ruler said:

I am not into Skyrim but why is it excatable that PS4 and Xbox One owners have to pay full 60€/$ for a Remaster? While PC gamers dont have to buy anything, if they have bought the Game of the Year Edition of Skyrim or all the DLC in the vanilla version they will get Skyrim Special Edition for free.

Why cant Bethesda treat console gamers the same way at least the PS360 DIgital owners of the same stuff like PC gamers?

And 60 bucks for a remaster? i think this is a complete ripp off. Its cheaper to import the physical version of Resident Evil 5 Remaster (35€) here from the USA than buying this remaster locally. And 20$ if you live in the US, thats 3 copies of Resident Evil 5 Remastered you can buy for the price Bethesda is charging for. Like WTF Bethesda?

And i dont see any one brining this up in the media?

This is nothing new.
Remember when you had to pay for DLC with Left 4 Dead when PC gamers got it for free? Good times.

And the reason why Console gamers don't get treated like PC gamers is simple. They aren't PC gamers, crazy isn't it?
Consoles have a myriad of licensing agreements due to being a closed, fixed environment, developers even have to pay Microsoft/Sony just to release a patch for their games, on the PC it has total freedom for a developer and none of those costs.
Plus Consoles still push last-century optical discs, which requires stamping, packaging, shipping and handling and then end up in a retail store, that's additional costs that will need to be recouped, PC is essentially all digital, there is none of that investment/expenditure required.

And as for the justification for the cost... Bethesda are overhauling the game visually, textures have been enhanced, lighting has been overhauled, shaders have been improved, you name it, they have to pay people to make this stuff.
On PC, Bethesda would only be competing with itself, it is a hard sell for Bethesda to sell something to PC gamers when PC gamers already had it for free for half a decade... At-least with this approach they can sell the DLC and make some money back.

Besides, you will get all the games DLC and up to date bug fixes too, so there is that.

Metallox said:
You are class second citizens, sorry :P

I admit. I laughed. Haha

Dyllyo said:
Lol. The response to this is hilarious.

This is why I don't care for PC gaming at all anymore. The community is toxic and elitist.

Console gaming is where it's at anyway and always has been.

You should probably look in your own backyard before you criticise someone elses.

Dyllyo said:

See? This is why people hate the "masterrace". Console games have firmware updates just as often. Why fuck half your consumers? Witcher 3 had numerous firmware updates, ON CONSOLES, that fixed framerate and graphical issues. Why can't Bethesda do that? Because they think it's okay to fuck over console gamers, because they think less of them. 

I haven't seen you get so "enthusiastic" when the PC gets a dodgy console port? Or is that enthusiasm only 1 way?

Ljink96 said:
Ruler said:

who supports the industry the most and spends most money to these devolopers 

PC Gaming is expected to surpass Console gaming in revenue next year :O But I will glady die a second class citizen.

Pretty sure it already has actually. There are estimates of 180~ million users on Steam, which is more than all the next-gen home consoles combined.

Mr Puggsly said:

Do you think you uncovered some sort of revelation?

Nobody is being forced to buy the Skyrim remaster and its price will eventually go down. For those who haven't played it at all and own a 8th gen console, its arguably worth $60.

It also includes all the DLC an overhauled game visually, mod support, fully updated and patched... And there will likely be people who spend 1000+ hours just collecting all the games cabbages, so for them it will be worth every penny.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

shikamaru317 said:
It's not really possible to offer Skyrim SE for free for console physical buyers, and it might not even be possible for digital buyers due to the generational difference. Also, PC gamers get less of an upgrade since they can just mod the graphics. Also, it's been I development for a year so they have to make back that money somehow.

How is it not possible with digital purchases? MS is able to unlock BC 360 games on your Xbox One if you purchased them previously in the store. Journey for PS4 can be downloaded for free if you puchased it on ps3 digitally, and Siren Bloodcurse is rumored to be offered the same way from Sony. 

Maybe is that the remaster on PC was way easier and unexpensive because you know is the same platform already. Porting and remaster a game from Xbox 360 and PS3 to the new consoles cost money, on the other hand 60€ for a remaster is too much, the half would be fine.

Tim and The Princes...

Cloudman said:
I guess it would be kind of hard for Bethesda to give the remaster to owners of the older version for free. How would they even keep track of that? Would that be for digital only, or physical copies as well? How would that even work?

How much have remasters been anyways?

Digital its 100% possible

KLAMarine said:
Ruler said:

I don't know if you've noticed this or not but the XBox 1 and especially the PS4 aren't exactly backwards compatible like the PC platform is.

Ruler said:

And 60 bucks for a remaster? i think this is a complete ripp off.

Then I suggest you wait for the price to come down.

The accounts are backwards compatible

Pemalite said:
Ruler said:

And 60 bucks for a remaster? i think this is a complete ripp off. Its cheaper to import the physical version of Resident Evil 5 Remaster (35€) here from the USA than buying this remaster locally. And 20$ if you live in the US, thats 3 copies of Resident Evil 5 Remastered you can buy for the price Bethesda is charging for. Like WTF Bethesda?

And i dont see any one brining this up in the media?

This is nothing new.
Remember when you had to pay for DLC with Left 4 Dead when PC gamers got it for free? Good times.

And the reason why Console gamers don't get treated like PC gamers is simple. They aren't PC gamers, crazy isn't it?
Consoles have a myriad of licensing agreements due to being a closed, fixed environment, developers even have to pay Microsoft/Sony just to release a patch for their games, on the PC it has total freedom for a developer and none of those costs.
Plus Consoles still push last-century optical discs, which requires stamping, packaging, shipping and handling and then end up in a retail store, that's additional costs that will need to be recouped, PC is essentially all digital, there is none of that investment/expenditure required.

And as for the justification for the cost... Bethesda are overhauling the game visually, textures have been enhanced, lighting has been overhauled, shaders have been improved, you name it, they have to pay people to make this stuff.
On PC, Bethesda would only be competing with itself, it is a hard sell for Bethesda to sell something to PC gamers when PC gamers already had it for free for half a decade... At-least with this approach they can sell the DLC and make some money back.

Besides, you will get all the games DLC and up to date bug fixes too, so there is that.

Metallox said:
You are class second citizens, sorry :P

I admit. I laughed. Haha

Dyllyo said:
Lol. The response to this is hilarious.

This is why I don't care for PC gaming at all anymore. The community is toxic and elitist.

Console gaming is where it's at anyway and always has been.

You should probably look in your own backyard before you criticise someone elses.

Dyllyo said:

I haven't seen you get so "enthusiastic" when the PC gets a dodgy console port? Or is that enthusiasm only 1 way?

Ljink96 said:

PC Gaming is expected to surpass Console gaming in revenue next year :O But I will glady die a second class citizen.

Pretty sure it already has actually. There are estimates of 180~ million users on Steam, which is more than all the next-gen home consoles combined.

Mr Puggsly said:

Do you think you uncovered some sort of revelation?

Nobody is being forced to buy the Skyrim remaster and its price will eventually go down. For those who haven't played it at all and own a 8th gen console, its arguably worth $60.

It also includes all the DLC an overhauled game visually, mod support, fully updated and patched... And there will likely be people who spend 1000+ hours just collecting all the games cabbages, so for them it will be worth every penny.

So why is the Console Digital Version 60$?