By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda treats console gamers likes second class citizens, dont buy Skyrim Remastered

Mr Puggsly said:
Ruler said:

I am not into Skyrim but why is it excatable that PS4 and Xbox One owners have to pay full 60€/$ for a Remaster? While PC gamers dont have to buy anything, if they have bought the Game of the Year Edition of Skyrim or all the DLC in the vanilla version they will get Skyrim Special Edition for free.

Why cant Bethesda treat console gamers the same way at least the PS360 DIgital owners of the same stuff like PC gamers?

And 60 bucks for a remaster? i think this is a complete ripp off. Its cheaper to import the physical version of Resident Evil 5 Remaster (35€) here from the USA than buying this remaster locally. And 20$ if you live in the US, thats 3 copies of Resident Evil 5 Remastered you can buy for the price Bethesda is charging for. Like WTF Bethesda?

And i dont see any one brining this up in the media?

Do you think you uncovered some sort of revelation?

Nobody is being forced to buy the Skyrim remaster and its price will eventually go down. For those who haven't played it at all and own a 8th gen console, its arguably worth $60.

Everything goes down, its about the principal here.

crissindahouse said:

Maybe you should complain about console gamers who will buy it instead of a company which is there to make money? Console gamers are those who bought The Last of Us like 5 million times on PS4 even though it was already on PS3. Console gamers are those who will buy Skyrim some million times on XBO and PS4 and you complain about Bethesda who will probably make over hundred million in revenue with this?

You know why Sony is releasing so many PS3 games on PS4 again? Because console gamers buy all these games again (well some also for the first time)

You know why Bethesda doesn't sell it on PC to those who already own all this stuff? Because it doesn't make sense to sell it on PC to them because only very few PC gamers who already own it would pay for a version which would look worse as the version they already own with some mods.

It's not Bethesda's fault that console gamers bought a PS4 and XBO even though they can't play all the games they bought on PS360 on the new machines so that you can sell them a new version again. 

The Last of Us Remastered was almost a brand new game, it only came 1 year later and it wasnt full price either. Most people who bought it never played it before. How do you know we will buy this Skyrim remaster, the game isnt out yet? 

All remasters Sony released were never priced at 60$, and they usually have more than 1 game in the collection. They are also all exclusives, making these remasters even more valuable to pay Sony again. There are no PC versions 

LipeJJ said:
Well, sadly this is nothing new From Software/Bandai Namco did exactly this with Dark Souls II: Scholar of the Frist Sin. We needed to pay full price to get it on PS4/XB1 while PC owners got a free update with same enhancements AND additions/extras.

Yeah but Dark Souls 2 was only 50 bucks and it was only 1 year apart from the last gen release. Skyrim is 60 bucks for a 5 years old game. Also i defeniatley remember that the pc version wasnt for free, maybe its now but not at launch

Around the Network
Ruler said:

The Last of Us Remastered was almost a brand new game, it only came 1 year later and it wasnt full price either. Most people who bought it never played it before. How do you know we will buy this Skyrim remaster, the game isnt out yet? 

All remasters Sony released were never priced at 60$, and they usually have more than 1 game in the collection. They are also all exclusives, making these remasters even more valuable to pay Sony again. There are no PC versions 

Congratiulations, Sony, who get 100% of the sales and don't have to give a big part of the revenue someone else (like Bethesda has to give Sony and MS) does sell the remasters for not $60 but a little bit less. What a nice company they are! 

And who cares if many who will buy remasters of Sony games  on PS4 are compeltely new customers? That doesn't change that someone who was already customer on PS3 still has to buy it and doesn't get it for free on PS4. Some Skyrim customers on PS4 and XBO will be also completely new customers. Everyone who already had it on PS3 and Xbox 360 doesn't have to buy it again. Same like The Last of US customers from the PS3 version don't have to buy it on PS4 again. If they still do it then it's their problem. 

And when I look at the PS4 "gamercards" in the profiles of VGC users, I see that many of them bought The Last of US twice (or GTA and many other remasters and that goes for PS4 and XBO users) and that even with a release so close to each other. Yes, I think Skyrim will sell decent on PS4 and XBO. Not as good as on the old consoles but still good and enough to justify that for Betheda.

Sure, they could sell it for half the price but that price would be reached fast if it won't sell good for $60. If it will sell good for $60 then why is that Bethesda's fault? They are in to make money and if console customers pay that then it's not a crime to take it from them. If they wonÄt buyit Bethesda can still reduce the price and look if people will buy it then. 

crissindahouse said:
Ruler said:

Congratiulations, Sony, who get 100% of the sales and don't have to give a big part of the revenue someone else (like Bethesda has to give Sony and MS) does sell the remasters for not $60 but a little bit less. What a nice company they are! 

And who cares if many who will buy remasters of Sony games  on PS4 are compeltely new customers? That doesn't change that someone who was already customer still has to buy it. Some Skyrim customers on PS4 and XBO will be also completely new customers. Everyone who already had t on PS3 and Xbox 360 doesn't have to buy it again. Same like The Last of US customers from the PS3 version don't have to buy it on PS4 again.

But when I look at the PS4 "gamercards" in the profiles of VGC users, I see that many of them bought The Last of US twice (or GTA and that goes for PS4 and XBO users) and that even with a release so close to each other. Yes, I think Skyrim will sell decent on PS4 and XBO. Not as good as on the old consoles but still good.

No remaster so far was 60$ except Tomb Raider which was still a brand new game but Skyrim is 5 years old.

Look at Capcom offering Resident Evil 6 and soon 5 for 20$, or Resi 1&0 for 40$. It isnt the industry standard what Bethesda is doing.

Bethesda should be ashamed of themselfs, this is even worse than Call of Duty Mordern Warfare Remastered which cost 20$ more but you get a brand new game along the remaster.

Console gamers can burrow games too? 

Ruler said:
crissindahouse said:

And who cares if many who will buy remasters of Sony games  on PS4 are compeltely new customers? That doesn't change that someone who was already customer still has to buy it. Some Skyrim customers on PS4 and XBO will be also completely new customers. Everyone who already had t on PS3 and Xbox 360 doesn't have to buy it again. Same like The Last of US customers from the PS3 version don't have to buy it on PS4 again.

But when I look at the PS4 "gamercards" in the profiles of VGC users, I see that many of them bought The Last of US twice (or GTA and that goes for PS4 and XBO users) and that even with a release so close to each other. Yes, I think Skyrim will sell decent on PS4 and XBO. Not as good as on the old consoles but still good.

No remaster so far was 60$ except Tomb Raider which was still a brand new game but Skyrim is 5 years old.

Look at Capcom offering Resident Evil 6 and soon 5 for 20$, or Resi 1&0 for 40$. It isnt the industry standard what Bethesda is doing.

Bethesda should be ashamed of themselfs, this is even worse than Call of Duty Mordern Warfare Remastered which cost 20$ more but you get a brand new game along the remaster.

Console gamers can burrow games too? 

The Resident Evil games are so cheap because nobody would buy them otherwise. Don't compare something where the dev is "hopefully we sell some units  with such a low price" with a company confident in their product. 

And Modern Warfare is mainly made to increase sales of the new game to please investors with "first week sales are so awesome" PR.

If Capcom would believe to sell a good amount at $60 then it would be probably $60. And even if not, why does this bother you so much? Just don't buy it and be happy. If console owners will  buy it for the high price Bethesda has done everything right since making money is why they are doing it obviously. If console gamers won't buy it then the price will decrease very fast.

So once again, complain about console gamers if they will buy it for this price and not about the company asking for it because they think people will pay it. That has nothing to do with threating someone as second class citizen. 

Because porting a game costs serious amount of money?
PC is just the same version with a patch.

Price will go down soon enough. If you don't want to spend $60, you don't have to. The market dictates the price, not the publisher.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
shikamaru317 said:
It's not really possible to offer Skyrim SE for free for console physical buyers, and it might not even be possible for digital buyers due to the generational difference. Also, PC gamers get less of an upgrade since they can just mod the graphics. Also, it's been I development for a year so they have to make back that money somehow.

How is it not possible with digital purchases? MS is able to unlock BC 360 games on your Xbox One if you purchased them previously in the store. Journey for PS4 can be downloaded for free if you puchased it on ps3 digitally, and Siren Bloodcurse is rumored to be offered the same way from Sony. 

Why would you or Bethesda want to piss off those who bought the retail version?

Square sold ffx for 50 $ nobody said nothing,.and ee5 is much bigger.so no see the prob .. But i see this as a remastered gsme anyway,so remastered should be 40 $ that it

Ruler said:
Slimebeast said:
First, because there is no exsisting Skyrim version at all on XBoxOne or PS4.

And second, by giving it for free to those who already own Skyrim with DLC on PC, Bethesda wants to show respect for the whole PC community, that it has supported Elder Scrolls for decades, and especially thank the guys who make and enjoy mods.

they could give it for free to all these xbox live and psn users who downloaded all the stuff too. How is it fair? Whats the meassurement here which community supported bethesda more? last game Fallout 4 sold massivlay more on PS4 and Xbox One, 

Did you complain when they charged for The Last of Us remastered for the PS4, or any other remaster for that matter? Doesn't matter if they were less than $60. If Skyrim Remastered doesn't sell well, the price will go down fast shortly after release. Thus, there will be balance.

Yeah, I know you wanted to be whiny about something. You could just not buy it.

The BuShA owns all!

Ruler said:

I am not into Skyrim but why is it excatable that PS4 and Xbox One owners have to pay full 60€/$ for a Remaster? While PC gamers dont have to buy anything, if they have bought the Game of the Year Edition of Skyrim or all the DLC in the vanilla version they will get Skyrim Special Edition for free.

Why cant Bethesda treat console gamers the same way at least the PS360 DIgital owners of the same stuff like PC gamers?

And 60 bucks for a remaster? i think this is a complete ripp off. Its cheaper to import the physical version of Resident Evil 5 Remaster (35€) here from the USA than buying this remaster locally. And 20$ if you live in the US, thats 3 copies of Resident Evil 5 Remastered you can buy for the price Bethesda is charging for. Like WTF Bethesda?

And i dont see any one brining this up in the media?

I don't think that buying RE 5 Remastered three times somehow makes it more enjoyable than buying it once.

Ruler said:

So why is the Console Digital Version 60$? 

With everything outlined above, there are also various practices to ensure there isn't any price-disparity between digital and non-digital games.

Besides, this game was never on the next gen consoles, it takes a bit of work to get things to work with a new hardware and software environment (OS, Drivers, API and other features etc'.) which is a non-issue with working with the PC, it didn't "reset" when a new Generation started.

Ruler said:

Halo: Master Chief Collection? Pretty sure Halo CE: Anniversary and the Gears of War Ultimate Edition were full priced too.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--