By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda treats console gamers likes second class citizens, dont buy Skyrim Remastered

Blame Microsoft and Sony for this. Even to update a game on XBL or PSN for bug fixing you are charged by them, do you really think they are going to lose the opportunity to make tons of ez mony with Skyrim?

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Thanks to people buying and supporting remasters... we get stuff like this. It's simple kids. Stop buying them, and they'll go away.

i dont want them to go away, i want them to be priced more fair and offering cross gen deals

Mr Puggsly said:
Ruler said:

Everything goes down, its about the principal here.

The Last of Us Remastered was almost a brand new game, it only came 1 year later and it wasnt full price either. Most people who bought it never played it before. How do you know we will buy this Skyrim remaster, the game isnt out yet? 

All remasters Sony released were never priced at 60$, and they usually have more than 1 game in the collection. They are also all exclusives, making these remasters even more valuable to pay Sony again. There are no PC versions 

Yeah but Dark Souls 2 was only 50 bucks and it was only 1 year apart from the last gen release. Skyrim is 60 bucks for a 5 years old game. Also i defeniatley remember that the pc version wasnt for free, maybe its now but not at launch

Principal? It has signfiicant new features, greatly improved visuals, DLC, and flatout offers more value than most games. Its hard to argue that isn't worth $60 for many, but if it isn't for you then don't buy it.

You're arbitrarily deciding when remasters are okay. The Last of Us on PS4 felt less necessary than the Skyrim remaster, an older game people may have missed last gen. If people want to play it again with the new features and taking advantage of their superior console, well its their money.

The Last of Us remaster was going to be $60, but they dropped it $10 after MCC was announced for $50. The Uncharted Collection was $60 however even though it removed multiplayer.

Sony remasters are more valuable because they are exclusive? That's what we call an opinion. PC options surprisingly have little impact on the value of games. Which is why CoD can generally maintain a high price.

Its more valuable this a fact, i dont see many people complaining if an exclusives gets a remaster, Sony and Nintendo have you by the balls. The Last of Us remastered was pretty much a port at the time like i said. It was a brand new game and you had to shell 40 for the ps3 version at the time.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:

It would cost them nothing to give Digital owners a cross buy licence, and it would give people more trust in downloading their games digitaly and giving them almost 100% in profit.

That's wrong. It would cost them sales.

Besides, I find it funny that you're saying they should give it free to people that bought it digitally last gen but not saying the same about RE4-6...

Sure i would be glad if capcom would offer this but for 20$/€ you cant really complain

zero129 said:
Some questions.
1.Does your PS3 version still work on your PS4?.

2. Can you download mods from the PSNStore that will make your PS3 version look better then the PS4 version?.

3. Is the PS3 and 4 classed as the same platform, and can they run all the same games so the port wont cost money?.

If your answer is "NO" to them 3 questions then i think its easy to see why this game isnt free for PS4 owners.

The Xbox One is BC compatible and guess what Bethesda didnt care to make the 360 version BC in the programm unlike with Fallout 3, and we know why now. Stop defending bad bussines practices just because it isnt effecting your platform.

Though I understand that there are porting costs involved, 60$ is way to much to ask for it IMO. They should have released it 40$ retail and 30$ digital IMO, and make it half priced if the console gamers can prove that they owned the game on the 360 or PS3.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Ruler said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Principal? It has signfiicant new features, greatly improved visuals, DLC, and flatout offers more value than most games. Its hard to argue that isn't worth $60 for many, but if it isn't for you then don't buy it.

You're arbitrarily deciding when remasters are okay. The Last of Us on PS4 felt less necessary than the Skyrim remaster, an older game people may have missed last gen. If people want to play it again with the new features and taking advantage of their superior console, well its their money.

The Last of Us remaster was going to be $60, but they dropped it $10 after MCC was announced for $50. The Uncharted Collection was $60 however even though it removed multiplayer.

Sony remasters are more valuable because they are exclusive? That's what we call an opinion. PC options surprisingly have little impact on the value of games. Which is why CoD can generally maintain a high price.

Its more valuable this a fact, i dont see many people complaining if an exclusives gets a remaster, Sony and Nintendo have you by the balls. The Last of Us remastered was pretty much a port at the time like i said. It was a brand new game and you had to shell 40 for the ps3 version at the time.

No, the value is decided by consumers and many Playstation exclusives are easy to find in the bargin bin. Nintendo exclusives tend to hold more value.

You didn't have to pay $40 for Last of Us on PS3, it was on the used market for less.

The God of War 3 Remaster felt gross to me. $40 for a single game, no significant replay value and the only notable improvments were resolution/performance. They did that when you could find a used copy for about $5 on PS3. $60 for Skyrim with DLC, mods, overhauled graphics, and frankly more replay value is the better deal.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

considering how bug ridden are their console ports I would say they thread consoles with low respect for quite some time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Ruler said:

No, the value is decided by consumers and many Playstation exclusives are easy to find in the bargin bin. Nintendo exclusives tend to hold more value.

You didn't have to pay $40 for Last of Us on PS3, it was on the used market for less.

The God of War 3 Remaster felt gross to me. $40 for a single game, no significant replay value and the only notable improvments were resolution/performance. They did that when you could find a used copy for about $5 on PS3. $60 for Skyrim with DLC, mods, overhauled graphics, and frankly more replay value is the better deal.

i rather pay 20$ less

Ruler said:
Mr Puggsly said:

i rather pay 20$ less

That's absolutely fine. If that's what its worth to you, then buy it at that price.

Personally, I have no interest in replaying Skyrim given its length. I'd rather continue my Xbox 360 saves to finish up side quests.

But if I could use my 360 saves files on the remaster, I'd certainly consider buying it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Bethesda owes everything to the PC market, and they know their remaster really doesn't offer anything to those PC users who have bought all of the DLC. As everyone else has said, the available mods will likely outperform anything they're releasing with this remaster, or at the very least will match it.

I think they just looked at their PC market, recognized it as being one they owe their success to but also one they cannot hope to sell many of these games to, and decided to just gift it to them as a nice gesture.

*Edit* For the record, this strikes me as a waste of time, resources, and manpower. If they were going to remaster a game it ought to have been Morrowind; given how popular they've become since then I imagine that game would sell like crazy.

Bethesda are a cancer, and I really hope that Bioware and other studios won't follow their footsteps.

Why shouldn't I buy it? I was looking forward to this. Besides, It's only money.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’