By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War Reveal Trailers have a total of 20+ million views

Are people butthurt now about the GoW trailer having so many views?

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

You know that doesn't make sense right?

Yeah ir doesn't really make sense but what i was trying to say is hard to put into words.

I think I know what you mean. You watch videos of games that you have no interest in buying but just watching it because you are solely interested to see how good it is compared to previous impressions.

You can have interest in a video for numerous reasons, positive or negative. If Justin Beiber did something stupid (again), it was filmed and put on Youtube,you might want to watch it to see how much of a dick he is, not because you like him. Ultimately though you are showing interest in that video and Justin Beiber. 

Watching a game to compare it with another game, you are showing interest.

Watching GoW because you heard that they changed the gameplay style which you might hate, you are showing interest.

Watching the GoW trailer because bald men with beards turn you on, you are showing interest.

Good news, God of War looked amazing and is going to be insane!!!

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

Yeah ir doesn't really make sense but what i was trying to say is hard to put into words.

I think I know what you mean. You watch videos of games that you have no interest in buying but just watching it because you are solely interested to see how good it is compared to previous impressions.

You can have interest in a video for numerous reasons, positive or negative. If Justin Beiber did something stupid (again), it was filmed and put on Youtube,you might want to watch it to see how much of a dick he is, not because you like him. Ultimately though you are showing interest in that video and Justin Beiber. 

Watching a game to compare it with another game, you are showing interest.

Watching GoW because you heard that they changed the gameplay style which you might hate, you are showing interest.

Watching the GoW trailer because bald men with beards turn you on, you are showing interest.

Yeah that sums it up.

Dr.Vita said:

Good news, God of War looked amazing and is going to be insane!!!

It will.

Good for Sony

Around the Network
twintail said:
Ali_16x said:

You don't know much about God of War and how popular it is.

I guess having played all of them means I have no idea how popular the series. I will keep that in mind.

I just dont agree that all those views are a direct reflection. There are countless reasons besides just GoW interest that the views reflect.

That is the reality. I am not saying the game won't be popular, nor am I saying that it isn't. 

No you don't. And don't respond to everything else I had to say because you can't.

Who ever said every view counts as a game sold as you're implying? No one is saying that, you're just putting words in my mouth. I said the fact that it is the most viewed trailer during E3 means that people show interest and that's exactly what they were doing. Plain and simple. Not even sure why you're still replying.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

twintail said:
Ali_16x said:

You don't know much about God of War and how popular it is.

I guess having played all of them means I have no idea how popular the series. I will keep that in mind.

I just dont agree that all those views are a direct reflection. There are countless reasons besides just GoW interest that the views reflect.

That is the reality. I am not saying the game won't be popular, nor am I saying that it isn't. 

No one said ALL of them are direct reflection. But since all other videos of different games are also available on YT it's reasonable to expect that in general terms the same excluding/including clauses apply to all. So if this games is over and above others then it's safe to assume it have a lot of interest going on over it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:

Ali_16x said:

No you don't. And don't respond to everything else I had to say because you can't.

haha whatever you say dude. 

But anyways, I had nothing more to say to anything else you said as I had already echoed my disagreement already. 

... but good observation skills? congrats, I guess.

Ali_16x said:

Who ever said every view counts as a game sold as you're implying? 

Thankfully I never implied anything of the sort. 

Like I mentioned before, some people are getting confused the same way you are. If you watched the GoW video then you've shown interest. Not matter why you watched it, you've shown interest. You're not "potentially interested", you're interested for whatever reason. I think you are trying to say that all views are from people interested in buying but that's not what OP said. They  just said interested in GoW and they would be right to say that.

"If I watched the video because I wanted to see what Sony announced at their press conference, does that suddenly make me interested in GoW? "

That's just a silly thing to say. The GoW reveal is specifically related to GoW. With the Sony conference we can only be sure that people who watched it were interested in the Sony conference in general. With the GoW reveal vid we can be sure that people watching it were interested in GoW. Not sure what's so difficult to grasp.

twintail said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Like I mentioned before, some people are getting confused the same way you are. If you watched the GoW video then you've shown interest. Not matter why you watched it, you've shown interest. You're not "potentially interested", you're interested for whatever reason. I think you are trying to say that all views are from people interested in buying but that's not what OP said. They  just said interested in GoW and they would be right to say that.

"If I watched the video because I wanted to see what Sony announced at their press conference, does that suddenly make me interested in GoW? "

That's just a silly thing to say. The GoW reveal is specifically related to GoW. With the Sony conference we can only be sure that people who watched it were interested in the Sony conference in general. With the GoW reveal vid we can be sure that people watching it were interested in GoW. Not sure what's so difficult to grasp.

I don't want this to sound like I am saying you are wrong: far from it. I get what you saying. it makes sense the way you presented it.

What I am saying though is that interest in GoW and just general interest in what the video is, are not the same thing. There is no way to verify that every unique view comes out of being interested in GoW. That is what the OP says, interest in GoW. 

What is stopping me from just going to Sony's channel and watching on the vids they have uploaded from their conference? Just because I click on the GoW (or am automatically sent to the vid from auto play) doesn't mean I am doing so because I am interested in that game. I am doing so because I want to see what Sony showed off (interest in the conference in general).

yes, we know you are the metric that matters.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I don't want this to sound like I am saying you are wrong: far from it. I get what you saying. it makes sense the way you presented it.

What I am saying though is that interest in GoW and just general interest in what the video is, are not the same thing. There is no way to verify that every unique view comes out of being interested in GoW. That is what the OP says, interest in GoW. 

What is stopping me from just going to Sony's channel and watching on the vids they have uploaded from their conference? Just because I click on the GoW (or am automatically sent to the vid from auto play) doesn't mean I am doing so because I am interested in that game. I am doing so because I want to see what Sony showed off (interest in the conference in general).

Is that why the God of War reveal trailer on PlayStation channel has millions more views than anything else at E3 shown by Sony?  This just sounds plain ridiculous. You know the same thing could then be applied to every video on youtube?