By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War Reveal Trailers have a total of 20+ million views

Ali_16x said:

So I counted up all the trailers, no reactions, no facts, or videos just talking about God of War, just the reveal trailers got 20,150,430 views. I only counted videos that had more than 50k views. 

I think the God of War reveal trailer is the most viewed video game trailer for E3. I would say it shows that a lot of people are interested in God of War. One of the trailers outside of the official which has 8.6 million, has 3.4 million views with another that has 1 million views.

Also the fact that the reveal trailers are almost 10 minutes is pretty amazing because most people have an attention span of around 3-5 minutes on YouTube meaning if the reveal trailer was 3-5 minutes long, it would have a lot more views.

I think it's also the second most liked video on PlayStation channel with the first being that used games bit, even beating Uncharted videos.

You do know, you only need to open the video to get a view right? 

Also, impressed you actually went through them all lol =)

Around the Network

God of War is a very popular IP, more people know about it than they know Uncharted.

Let VGC not fool you, God of War has a massive hardcore fanbase and a lot more people are interested in it but simply don't like Kratos as a character from what they saw on the internet. Kratos being more relatable to people makes this one a potentially more successful game than any Uncharted.

Mbolibombo said:
Ali_16x said:

So I counted up all the trailers, no reactions, no facts, or videos just talking about God of War, just the reveal trailers got 20,150,430 views. I only counted videos that had more than 50k views. 

I think the God of War reveal trailer is the most viewed video game trailer for E3. I would say it shows that a lot of people are interested in God of War. One of the trailers outside of the official which has 8.6 million, has 3.4 million views with another that has 1 million views.

Also the fact that the reveal trailers are almost 10 minutes is pretty amazing because most people have an attention span of around 3-5 minutes on YouTube meaning if the reveal trailer was 3-5 minutes long, it would have a lot more views.

I think it's also the second most liked video on PlayStation channel with the first being that used games bit, even beating Uncharted videos.

That's not how YT works. It may used to work like that, but now you need to watch at least a portion of the video so that the views can register. You also can't open a vid, close the tab and then re-open it to get more views.

Will be doing good if they do everything right, a plus for the game is naturally that is a well known ip

Pinkie_pie said:
BraLoD said:

That's not true.
I don't have a PS4 and I'm excited and interested in lots of games that are coming for it.

You seriously dont have a ps4? If youre interested in ao many ps4 games why dont you just buy one? Btw i thought you beat uncharted 4

Because he's a bum!

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

I watch lots of video game videos thati m not interested in just to see if its better than i thought 

You know that doesn't make sense right?

BraLoD said:

I don't have a PS4 and I'm excited and interested in lots of games that are coming for it.

Time to join this gen. But wait till October when the Neo comes out the standard model might get a price drop or if you own a 4K TV definitely get the Neo. Greatness is here

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

I watch lots of video game videos thati m not interested in just to see if its better than i thought 

You know that doesn't make sense right?

Yeah ir doesn't really make sense but what i was trying to say is hard to put into words.

twintail said:

The OP's exact words are I would say it shows that a lot of people are interested in God of War.

Ali_16x said:

Lol what? That makes no sense? Why the hell would people watch this if they weren't interested. I only watch videos of games that I'm interested and I'm sure others do as well. 

Not everyone does what you do. I have watched a guy give a few hour long discussions on Skyrim and the ME trilogy. I have never been interested in these games. Nor do I have any interest in them now. Didn't stop me from viewing the video because my interest is in what he has to say, not the games themselves.

That is jusy my stance. If you believe that yt views is a direct correlation to interest in the game then that is cool. But as far as I am concerned there is little to no evidence that these millions upon millions of views are indicative that that a lot of people are interested in God of War.

And not everyone does whatever you're doing. That's one the most ridiculous things I've heard. YouTube views doesn't isn't a indicator for interest in a game? That's exactly what it is. People watched the trailer because they showed an interest in the game, to decide whether it looked good or not, to buy it or not. You don't know the meaning of "interest". LOL, you're acting like it's the most viewed E3 trailer for no reason and people have no interest in buying. It also just happens to be #1 in Amazon Wishlist, but of course that doesn't mean anything. You don't know much about God of War and how popular it is.

Uncharted 4 which happens to just also have a shit ton views, if not the most viewed PS4 game, just also happens to have a sold a shit ton. But of course, that has to do with nothing.

A game that barely has any views, gets low sales and vice versa? Who would have ever thought?

Mbolibombo said:
Ali_16x said:

You do know that's actually not even close to how it works right? This isn't Facebook. And as I said, there's a reason most people try to keep their videos under 5 minutes :)

Also all I did was type God of War, then filter by most viewed and stopped at 50k views, took me maybe 7 minutes.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

That is jusy my stance. If you believe that yt views is a direct correlation to interest in the game then that is cool. But as far as I am concerned there is little to no evidence that these millions upon millions of views are indicative that that a lot of people are interested in God of War.d above.

A lot of time and effort to convince yourself of this. Must not be a lot to get excited for on the Microsoft discussions.