By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scorpio's power is irrelevant, Neo is where it counts. Here's why...

4k: 3160 x 2160 30fps

or

2160 x 1440 60fps

everyone can shut up about 1080p 60fps because at 4.2-4.5 tf the ps4 and scorpio can both do 2160 x 1440 @ 60 fps thus providing a middle ground that upscales quite well to 4k.

Around the Network
Manlytears said:
For NEO and Scorpio...

Both will have mediocre sales... you know why? 4 reasons...

1. Both consoles have no exclusives. They are just a resolution/FPS boost.
2. Both are going to be more expensive than PS4/X1.
3. Devs are not going to focus on these new consoles and forget about +70M users on PS4/x1. they will just work on better resolution/frame rate, that's it.
4. They will have short life, 3 years maximum.

Consoles need Generation leaps and the old consoles must die so that the new consoles can succeed. In the end, the battle remains between ps4 and x1, until the real "new generation" appears.

I think it's the reverse. In 2 years I wouldn't be surprised if you can't even buy the OG PS4/XB1, they will be phased out in favor of these new models. 

People are not going to buy the inferior consoles, once they have crossed the threshold of wanting one of the systems and being willing to pay money for it, then you may as well not skimp out. 

What's a $100 savings on something you will probably use for 3-4 years? That comes out to what? $3/month? You can't even get lunch at McDonalds with that. 

Generations are done too. From now on you will be able to "change" your generation when you want because there will be new models every 3 years. 

Ita quit funny people think the success of the ps4 is because of the little tiny but of extra power.

Yet i have not seen 1 game advertisement from both games and or sony litterly saying"the ps4 is stronger so buy a ps4"

Sony always say "it's the best place to play"

And seriously after e3,you really think "Scorpio" will be the best place to play for the casual gamers?

Which exclusive game is Microsoft going to market Scorpio with?

How many people /families actually have a 4k tv?

Same thing goes with neo except ya know"real exlcusives"

Think about this market. Strategy sony could make.

The last of us 2 running at ps4 then showcases neo graphics with the slogan "even greaterniss awaits"
Same goes with god of war.

People forgot the xbox and even GameCube whas stronger then the ps2.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

I think completely different about the PC user thing.

If I were a PC Gamer looking to tap into console gaming, I would pick the Scorpio, because a lot of the games I buy for it come with a free copy for my already existing gaming PC. That is a huge benefit for me then.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

thismeintiel said:

In the end, the extra power isn't going to matter. Not because power isn't important, but because this generation has already been decided. The Scorpio, in the end, is supposed to be an updated XBO. Same goes for the PS4 Neo. Neither one will have exclusives to these updated consoles, only updated visuals within the same games. So, these updated consoles are not going to change the direction this gen is going.

Of course, another thing that will be working in favor of the Neo is that the PS4 still actually has exclusives you can only play on PS4, and the Neo will be the best place to play them. For the Scorpio, MS has already announced its games will now be playable on Windows. So, it would actually be cheaper to just buy a new GPU for your PC than to buy a whole new console.

this! You are correct, these two consoles will not change anything in the current generation. Superior graphical power of Scorpion/Neo will not overcome the lack of exclusives and "less attractive" price.
In the end Ps4 will continue to dominate, especially if there is a advantage of $ 150- $ 200 in price.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

If I were a PC Gamer looking to tap into console gaming, I would pick the Scorpio, because a lot of the games I buy for it come with a free copy for my already existing gaming PC. That is a huge benefit for me then.

But why buy a console to play the same games your pc can run better?  Makes noo sense 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Sony should not come out with neo and say they actually fully support their systems rather than abandon them when they do badly compared to the competition

If you forget Vita, sure.

xl-klaudkil said:
DirtyP2002 said:

But why buy a console to play the same games your pc can run better?  Makes noo sense 

I don't think PC and consoles are a direct competition to be honest.

I can't name one single person in real life who has a PC underneath the TV. consoles as multimedia hubs are here to stay.

Local multiplayer for example will never be big on PC. Who plays Fifa, Madden or whatever against a friend on a PC at a desk?

I really like the idea that you can play on your console and finish the game on your PC as soon as your wife claims the TV. It is ridiculous to assume console gaming will kill PC gaming pr vice versa. They co-existed for decades and Microsoft is just connecting both worlds and obviously benefits from both worlds as well.

Every PC gamer owns at least one console and every console gamer played some titles on PC as well. Don't act like you are either A or B without any sort of connection points.

Soundwave said:

I think it's the reverse. In 2 years I wouldn't be surprised if you can't even buy the OG PS4/XB1, they will be phased out in favor of these new models. 
People are not going to buy the inferior consoles, once they have crossed the threshold of wanting one of the systems and being willing to pay money for it, then you may as well not skimp out. 
What's a $100 savings on something you will probably use for 3-4 years? That comes out to what? $3/month? You can't even get lunch at McDonalds with that. 
Generations are done too. From now on you will be able to "change" your generation when you want because there will be new models every 3 years. 

I recognize that there is a big chance that you are correct...
The thing here is price! that's the most important point. if the thing comes down to a difference of $100, then it is quite possible, and likely, that what you said will happen. However, I really do not believe that the difference will be just $ 100, especially in the case of Xbox Scorpion!

I realy don't belive Scorpion will do it, but... Perhaps Neo can hit a good a price (with a difference of $ 100), but I do not believe it will happen before the arrival of a PS5! I believe the PS5 will come before this new consoles put an end to old Ps4/X1 and the PS5 will generate a new generation, which will have games that can only be played in a PS5.

I play RTS and some economic-simulations (I have no idea what the correct English word is) games on PC.
As soon as Warcraft 4 is released (a man can dream, right?) or a new Anno is around the corner (not one set in space!) I will buy a new PC.

It is cool to already have some sort of library then. The pros easily outweigh the cons here.