By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scorpio's power is irrelevant, Neo is where it counts. Here's why...

FloatingWaffles said:
Well isn't this ironic considering how this generation started with so many people trying to brag about the PS4 and Xbox One's power gap and saying it would be a huge changer, to now when it's reverse it apparently doesn't matter anymore when it's Xbox Scorpio that is more powerful than PS4 Neo.

I don't exactly see it that way, it's more like the PS3 vs 360 thing where the PS3 was more powerful but because it didn't have the market share the Xbox 360 was more prevalently used by game developers, that's how I see it. 

So in all actuality power doesn't matter, it never did, it only goes as far as developers will take it, or push it, it's their choice and their choice is based on Market share, not power.

Around the Network

I think they're both irrelevant tbh. They're being used as gimmicks to push the 4K agenda. Which mind you 4K gaming will be come the norm ''eventually'',but right now where the market is, its nowhere near being at that level.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Both will be great, NEO will sell better. My opinion.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Sony should not come out with neo and say they actually fully support their systems rather than abandon them when they do badly compared to the competition

I am Iron Man

Both are irrelevant and will have a similar fate to the PSX.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Japanese gamers will care about the NEO? / Need more Power? I heard they're not that into PCs.......

What if NEO is more powerful?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

In the end, the extra power isn't going to matter. Not because power isn't important, but because this generation has already been decided. The Scorpio, in the end, is supposed to be an updated XBO. Same goes for the PS4 Neo. Neither one will have exclusives to these updated consoles, only updated visuals within the same games. So, these updated consoles are not going to change the direction this gen is going.

Of course, another thing that will be working in favor of the Neo is that the PS4 still actually has exclusives you can only play on PS4, and the Neo will be the best place to play them. For the Scorpio, MS has already announced its games will now be playable on Windows. So, it would actually be cheaper to just buy a new GPU for your PC than to buy a whole new console.

Project Scorpio is the future.

People forget that PS4 won not only because of power, but because it was the cheapest console too. By having a year head start, a cheaper price, a whole lot of games, VR and install base, Neo will probably sell way more than Scorpio. In this case power don't matter so much.

Glad I just built myself a new PC. My consoles are going to be retired to my children.