By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scorpio's power is irrelevant, Neo is where it counts. Here's why...

Swordmasterman said:
Landguy said:

I disagree, generations are now over.  The consoles run the same OS and play the same games, yet have different hardware.  So, they are different generations?  Does tha make the XB1s a different generation(it caln do 4k)? Or are you saying that the Scorpio and Neo are not a different generation?  I think they are not a different generation, because that will no longer matter...  Heck, the XB1 is really just a suped up 360 isn't it?  WIth backwards compatibility, the XB1 is not different.

Also, I stated in my first post that when you combine the scorpio and the XB1 sales, they will not total the PS4 and Neo sales.  I said that the scorpio will allow the xbox platform(XB1+Scorpio) to match the average sales totals weekly/mothly with the PS4/Neo platform.  THe userbase will always be 25+ million more for the PS4/Neo...

Generations Still exist and there is nothing Microsoft alone can do to change that, they will not be able to support the first Xbox One forever.

PS4 Neo isn't 9th Generation, if they make Xbox One play all the games avaliable on the Xbox Scorpio so the console is of the same generation.

I cannot play PS4 games on the PS3 (With exception of some tittles) and Microsoft will not be able to support the Xbox One when the gap become bigger than the PS2 to the PS4, so Generations isn't over.

Microsoft will need to deal with a User Base of 75-80 + Millions when Xbox Scorpio launch, so more people will support Sony than Microsoft,  Xbox sending all their games for the PC will not help them to get more support, Just a PC version that would go for Steam will also be avaliable for the Windows 10 Store and nothing more, I wonder if they will be able to make this "Play Everywhere" thing with Third Party tittles.

The whole point of going to x86 archtiecutre IS the fact that generational consoling gaming would END..    Both PlayStation and Xbox will likely ONLY release new itterations with BETTER specs. They will continue to SUPPORT older games.. but YES.. Older consoles might not support the newest games. THIS IS EXACTLY how it has worked with PC for 40 years..     WE dont call it GENERATIONS there..   and THAT is what the console market is becoming.   In 7 years a game that is released might say for (Xbox 2017 models or older).. or (For PS Neo and older only)..      But your OLD GAMES wont stop playing on new consoles or the old consoles.. but GENERATIONS of new consoles with different OS and NO backwards support is OVER. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
vivster said:

You completely stole my thread I just wanted to make^^
Seriously, exactly word for word. To recap:

- both Neo and Scoprio powerful enough for 1080p60 for all games, any advantage beyond that is lost
- X1 has no exclusives powerful enough to draw enough fans, they have no chance for PC players to buy an X1
- Neo will be able to tap into the PC demographic, Scorpio won't
- PS4 also has significant lead and the brand power and exclusives

Conclusion: PS4 will still easily outsell anything Xbox even if Scorpio is twice as powerful.

well you're wrong on every one of your points
the only correct statement is "PS4 has a significant lead"

so 0.5 of your 4 points are valid. not a great ratio

So before with things like the NX it was stressed that it should have 4K support, but now that the Neo isn't aimed at that? Seems to not matter anymore...

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

minecrafter said:
vivster said:

You completely stole my thread I just wanted to make^^
Seriously, exactly word for word. To recap:

- both Neo and Scoprio powerful enough for 1080p60 for all games, any advantage beyond that is lost
- X1 has no exclusives powerful enough to draw enough fans, they have no chance for PC players to buy an X1
- Neo will be able to tap into the PC demographic, Scorpio won't
- PS4 also has significant lead and the brand power and exclusives

Conclusion: PS4 will still easily outsell anything Xbox even if Scorpio is twice as powerful.

well you're wrong on every one of your points
the only correct statement is "PS4 has a significant lead"

so 0.5 of your 4 points are valid. not a great ratio

I can't argue with that amount of counter arguments.

So you're one of those people who thinks PS4 is in the lead solely due to their slightly more powerful console? I guess Xbox has its win already cut out for them then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kitler53 said:
for the next 3 years the target for games won't be neo or scorpio,.. it will be ps4. there will be no exlusive for neo or scorpio despite ms's confusing PR.

in 3 years the neo2 will be launched and the new target will be neo or scorpio depending on who is the market leader between the two. ..but my money is on neo because of ps4's current lead, a 1 year launch advantage a price advantage, and let's face sony's exclusive content is massively outpacing ms'.

There is no NEED to target.. Do you not get that the assests for 4k gaming are ALREADY there for most games (as they are on PC). Supporting 4k for most developers will be simple. No "exclusive" needed.  Games will just be 4k on the new consoles, for those who want it.. And then in 2-3 years when MOST people have 4k TVs. There will be no need to sell the older systems anymore..   

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network

Well Sony told me higher resolution allows me to be a better gamer. So clearly power matters.

Seriously though, I like that X1 may have the power advantage. Just for the sake of less boasting. If it allows MS to say their box is more powerful and PS4 users feel they have the inferior version of a game, thats certainly worth something.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Fast-forward to 2018.

Microsoft: How are they still outselling us 2:1? We have the most powerful console :,(

cpg716 said:
Swordmasterman said:

Generations Still exist and there is nothing Microsoft alone can do to change that, they will not be able to support the first Xbox One forever.

PS4 Neo isn't 9th Generation, if they make Xbox One play all the games avaliable on the Xbox Scorpio so the console is of the same generation.

I cannot play PS4 games on the PS3 (With exception of some tittles) and Microsoft will not be able to support the Xbox One when the gap become bigger than the PS2 to the PS4, so Generations isn't over.

Microsoft will need to deal with a User Base of 75-80 + Millions when Xbox Scorpio launch, so more people will support Sony than Microsoft,  Xbox sending all their games for the PC will not help them to get more support, Just a PC version that would go for Steam will also be avaliable for the Windows 10 Store and nothing more, I wonder if they will be able to make this "Play Everywhere" thing with Third Party tittles.

The whole point of going to x86 archtiecutre IS the fact that generational consoling gaming would END..    Both PlayStation and Xbox will likely ONLY release new itterations with BETTER specs. They will continue to SUPPORT older games.. but YES.. Older consoles might not support the newest games. THIS IS EXACTLY how it has worked with PC for 40 years..     WE dont call it GENERATIONS there..   and THAT is what the console market is becoming.   In 7 years a game that is released might say for (Xbox 2017 models or older).. or (For PS Neo and older only)..      But your OLD GAMES wont stop playing on new consoles or the old consoles.. but GENERATIONS of new consoles with different OS and NO backwards support is OVER. 

This isn't true, In the PC you have multiple new hardwares each year and if I have a computer from 2002 and want to play a actual game i still can do it, But the game will run at 1 FPS).

So the "End of Generation" is  every new console backwards ?, so there was no generation gap between PS2 and PS3, because of the Backwards.

In this generation the only different thing is that Sony and Microsoft will release updated Hardware instead of just a Slim and they will price it higher to make more profit they will not aim this to the main public. Microsoft also hae another plans for the Scorpion because they are unable to compete in the console War because for them if they aren't the first there is no reason to bother, Because of that they are releasing all their games on the PC because they don't matter if the Xbox sell or not, they will try to make the highest profit possible per console and because of that they will release the Scorpio alongside the Xbox One and Xbox Slim.

Microsoft have a big fanbase in the USA, they will rely on the USA instead of trying to reach other countries (because of that they are releasing their games on the PC).

If someone want their product to be sucessful like a Steam Machine so they will  make this "Upgradable" thing.

LordLichtenstein said:
Fast-forward to 2018.

Microsoft: How are they still outselling us 2:1? We have the most powerful console :,(

It doesn't really matter. If MS wants to make consoles, especially "me too Playstation" type consoles that compete for the exact same audience, then they by default as the challenger need to offer something better. 

They cannot simply just offer par or worse than Sony in terms of hardware and think that's a good strategy. XBox should always been the best hardware on the market, I think they learned their lesson the hard way about that with the XB1. 

Ck1x said:
Not gonna lie in have no interest in Xbox or Playstation because you can get the more important games on PC, but Xbox anywhere actually piqued my interest in the brand. Buy games digitally and play them on Xbox one or multiple Windows 10 devices is a major selling point!

will it be like the PS4 RemotePlay app where i can play PS4 from an android device or a PC, or is this more like you're allowed multiple instals on a number of devices?

Sorry for asking but i missed the news about this feature :(

Proud Sony Rear Admiral