By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Scorpio's power is irrelevant, Neo is where it counts. Here's why...

I saw the video and from what I understood New games would have to be playable in xbone. That alone is a bigger limit to scorpio

Around the Network

Well isn't this ironic considering how this generation started with so many people trying to brag about the PS4 and Xbox One's power gap and saying it would be a huge changer, to now when it's reverse it apparently doesn't matter anymore when it's Xbox Scorpio that is more powerful than PS4 Neo.

Random_Matt said:
Neo will hopefully run 1080p/60FPS. Scorpio at best will do 4K/30FPS if it's native, which is extremely unlikely. Most likely be upscaled 4K, trying to convince non-pc gamers is difficult, 6 TF is nothing. I would prefer the Neo if it does what i desire.

Neo is targetting 4k resolution for gaming according to Andrew House of Sony:

“If you are a person who’s just purchased a 4K television, maybe there’s not that much content around right now, so there’s something interesting about games being able to fill that gap and offer that experience. Those are the fundamentals of Neo."

FloatingWaffles said:
Well isn't this ironic considering how this generation started with so many people trying to brag about the PS4 and Xbox One's power gap and saying it would be a huge changer, to now when it's reverse it apparently doesn't matter anymore when it's Xbox Scorpio that is more powerful than PS4 Neo.

That's just fan wars when 2 new systems launch, at that point it's anybody's game.

But when it's still the same gen and there's already a large userbase, fan wars such as those are irrelevant because it's now the developers that makes the decision, which is obviously the brand that has more userbase.

If the Neo and Scorpio were completely new gen then your post would have more footing and back to being anybody's game.  But right now it's still Sony's game.

V-r0cK said:
FloatingWaffles said:

That's just fan wars when 2 new systems launch, at that point it's anybody's game.

But when it's still the same gen and there's already a large userbase, fan wars such as those are irrelevant because it's now the developers that makes the decision, which is obviously the brand that has more userbase.

If the Neo and Scorpio were completely new gen then your post would have more footing and back to being anybody's game.  But right now it's still Sony's game.

Yeah I know. I agree that the Scorpio will only really most likely be fully utilized by Microsft first party games or exclusives from third parties, since the PS4 userbase is too massive at this point for it to really make a difference. (Unless Xbox consoles suddenly started selling a lot better to the point where it would be worth it to truly upgrade it for the Scorpio).

I'm just pointing out though that it is ironic and also a bit hypocritical for people to say that at the beginning but then act as if it doesn't mean anything just because it's in reverse now.

Around the Network

Not gonna lie in have no interest in Xbox or Playstation because you can get the more important games on PC, but Xbox anywhere actually piqued my interest in the brand. Buy games digitally and play them on Xbox one or multiple Windows 10 devices is a major selling point!

I thought, as gamers, we are supposed to choose the version with better graphics in multi-plat games. 😥

Such a confusing gen, this one is. 😐

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Apparently the bro is everything that the Scorpio isn't.

Lol can we please wait for specs before posting this. Some of your arguments are just hypotheticals. Others are wishes. We don't know which is better, let's wait until more info gets announced

Hoping Neo runs 1080p/60FPS. Enough for me

AnthonyW86 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Oh. How the tables have turned.

Haha i know what you mean, next up: Graphics don't matter. After that: Neo's secret sauce!

FloatingWaffles said:

Graphics still matter. But does power matter when the games look and run the same?

This gen started with extremely underpowered machines which meant more power = more graphics. That might not be the case anymore with the significantly stronger new versions.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.