By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Legend Of Zelda most talked E3 game on social media

Acevil said:
Lawlight said:

You know what I said is true. It's not going to get reflected in sales.

Why don't you make a bet? If Legend of Zelda outsells Skyward Sword you lose, and if doesn't you win. 

A better bet - to see if the social media buzz translates to sales. So, let's say - Zelda has to outsell FIFA17 otherwise I win.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Acevil said:

Why don't you make a bet? If Legend of Zelda outsells Skyward Sword you lose, and if doesn't you win. 

A better bet - to see if the social media buzz translates to sales. So, let's say - Zelda has to outsell FIFA17 otherwise I win.

Ya, see you cannot put your "money" where you mouth is (The money is highlighted because it isn't actual money), because no one said those words, but we already knew you make goals posts up to suit your arguement. 

Acevil said:
Lawlight said:

Ya, see you cannot put your "money" where you mouth is (The money is highlighted because it isn't actual money), because no one said those words, but we already knew you make goals posts up to suit your arguement. 

So, I was right then? Social media buzz means nothing?

Lawlight said:
Acevil said:

Sure you can be right in your world. Because you cannot prove that statement either, since you do not factor in the various other factors, but honestly I think I should stop even trying argue with you, because the whole point of arguing with people is that one might learn something on both sides the argument. 

Very nice!

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It's pretty logical, unless you can find flaw in the logic?

Another note, it counts posts instead of positive vs negative (although I'm sure zelda was mostly positive) 

For example I can imagine a lot of Inifite Warfare posts were probably negative.

and I'm curiuos how they counted. Surely not all COD = COD IW? Did they have to type out COD IW in order for it to count?

Based on the most basic metric gathering method, it would be COD tweet will equal COD IW and Zelda would equal New Zelda. Just how marketing gather huge sample. It is never 100% accurate, but it does showcase some trends (can be negative trends as well). You use buzz words to develop awareness and etc. 

Acevil said:
Lawlight said:

Sure you can be right in your world. Because you cannot prove that statement either, since you do not factor in the various other factors, but honestly I think I should stop even trying argue with you, because the whole point of arguing with people is that one might learn something on both sides the argument. 

What other factors? My point that social media buzz means nothing stands. You can beat around the bush but my point still stands.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

It obviously is lol. What do you think it will sell?

3M like Skyward Sword?

Lawlight said:
Acevil said:

What other factors? My point that social media buzz means nothing stands. You can beat around the bush but my point still stands.

Your point was that this game was not gonna sell better than SS despite the social buzz. Stop moving the goalpost, of course media buzz means something, it means it has the attention of a whole ton of people.

And if you are so convinced that is not  gonna sell better than Zelda usually does, just take the bet, otherwise is pretty clear you know this could be quite a hit in sales.

Lawlight with the spins getting me dizzy lol. Went from one thing to a complete other!

This really hurts people.

Also, the official trailer on Youtube is 5.5m now, and almost universally liked. So far so good.