By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Legend Of Zelda most talked E3 game on social media

Nautilus said:
Lawlight said:

Actually, Zelda was the most talked about on Twitter (Facebook is a different story). Whether it was the most beloved game of E3 is not known.

As for your point about gauging people's interest in the game, it's a poor metric obviously, based on the ranking of those games.

And why would it be a bad metric?I mean, as seen in numerous videos and peoples accounts, the line to play Zelda at E3 was gigantic, sometimes it took a day to play the game, and it had Nintendo whole booth just dedicated to it.And IGN already said its game of the E3 for them.Not aware if it is by other sites.So it obviosly gathered attention, and the data all but points in that way.So why would it be a bad metric?Do you have some evidence that points otherwise?

Because, for example, obviously people aren't more interested in Zelda than FIFA 17. So, it's a bad metric.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Actually, Zelda was the most talked about on Twitter (Facebook is a different story). Whether it was the most beloved game of E3 is not known.

As for your point about gauging people's interest in the game, it's a poor metric obviously, based on the ranking of those games.

It kinda is known. Ign/gaf/etc are actually saying it is (note im talking single game wise not nintendo as a whole)

gaf also worships Anita S so I can easily discount their hive mind. IGN is just a couple of people.

Lawlight said:
Nautilus said:

And why would it be a bad metric?I mean, as seen in numerous videos and peoples accounts, the line to play Zelda at E3 was gigantic, sometimes it took a day to play the game, and it had Nintendo whole booth just dedicated to it.And IGN already said its game of the E3 for them.Not aware if it is by other sites.So it obviosly gathered attention, and the data all but points in that way.So why would it be a bad metric?Do you have some evidence that points otherwise?

Because, for example, obviously people aren't more interested in Zelda than FIFA 17. So, it's a bad metric.

Wait, you are confusing things.Zelda is the game that gathered the most interest in this E3.And thats it.Fifa didnt get more interest than it during that period of time.And you confuse interest with sale.That data means the industry as a whole is more interested in that game than Fifa.It dosent mean that Zelda will sell more or less.It just means that people are interested in it, not that they mean to buy it.The same can be said for VR.Alot of people are interested in VR, and all  news sites and publishers keep making either articles or games in VR.Its hype is big.But does it mean it will sell Wii-levels?Of course not.Because people are only interested in it.To buy it there is other factors, such as price, date when it is released, other games that are released in the same timeframe, and so on.

To make a resume, interest is different than intent to buy.We are only gaugin the interest, which is only one of the factors that go into a person intention to buy a game.Thats what that data means.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

It kinda is known. Ign/gaf/etc are actually saying it is (note im talking single game wise not nintendo as a whole)

gaf also worships Anita S so I can easily discount their hive mind. IGN is just a couple of people.

Yeah but in the e3 thread on gaf zelda is clearly winning the votes. As for ign comment yeah and those couple of people still voted zelda. Like many other gaming sites unless you just dont want to count them atm cuz you know nintendo

Not surprising, the game looks so amazing. It deserves all the love it's getting.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
b00moscone said:
While certain factors like it being one of the only major games shown may play a role, I think with it being an anticipated Zelda it shouldn't be surprising.

It is true, but you have to agree Nintendo finally did something that fans might actually want. I always had feeling the skyward sword was similar to star fox zero. People do want these franchises, just not like they way presented. I applaud Nintendo for going against the grain sometimes in order to create unique experiences, but at the same time, you do want them to do something amazing as well. 

Yeah, I do agree. In this game it seems instead of show-horning gimmicks and such they're instead looking at what fans what in conjunction in what the natural evolution of the Zelda franchise is, and as a result, it seems to have paid off!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Lawlight said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Lmfao, you are working so hard to make that nobody takes you seriously. You are close to success I have to say.

Not my problem if people want to believe that Zelda WiiU is going to be the best selling game showed at this E3.

I don't think people were ever under the impression that the new Zelda will be the best selling game from this E3, rather they think it will be a really good game that happens to be an established franchiase unlike games that are like Horizon for example, and that's why it's generating buzz. Your logic has not been that good this whole thread TBH, your original post never mentioned Fifa yet you used that as an argument later on when a game that's not even on the list from Nintendo will outsell Fifa (Aka Pokemon.) You sound like you are really just trolling TBH. Do you really think that people would assume a console with only 13 million in sales will sell the new Zelda like gang busters CoD style even if the NX is around the corner? You must really think the people on this site, who look at numbers all day, are fucking stupid, when you haven't been getting your number right all thread long eh?