By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

SpokenTruth said:
thismeintiel said:

According to your definition of launch window.  But, even if you want to say it is no longer in the launch window, it doesn't change what I said. We have no idea how the Switch will perform in a year from now. Or two years. Or three. I wouldn't really get too cocky, otherwise you may be the one eating crow in a year or two, like many of us in here had to.

Is it dead on arrival or not?

Of course not. And that's why some of us in here are eating crow. My point is, don't get to cocky about its early success until it has proven it has lasting power. And no, 6 months is not enough.  You're going to need at least a year or so, otherwise, you may be eating crow in the end.

Around the Network

At least the man came back in and took his crow, some people wouldnt even do that.

thismeintiel said:
Wyrdness said:

Sorry mate but launch window passed about 3 months ago we're about 6 months in now.

According to your definition of launch window.  But, even if you want to say it is no longer in the launch window, it doesn't change what I said. We have no idea how the Switch will perform in a year from now. Or two years. Or three. I wouldn't really get too cocky, otherwise you may be the one eating crow in a year or two, like many of us in here had to.

Mate just hold your hands up here someone even highlighted your earlier post in this thread where you agreed with it being DOA, right now NS has only been outperformed by PS4, DS and Wii in the same span. With games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing which are 10m plus sellers each still to come and all this before any price cut the chances of it dropping like at stone after all this current momentum is about as likely as pigs flying. People are obviously going to stuff crow in your face because had NS not sold as well at launch I guarantee you and others would be shouting from the roof tops about it very early on let alone 6 months, you're arguing about a years on and such yet we're already halfway through it's first year which you're still arguing is launch period and your post is starting to remind me of when people started trying to use the fad arguing to say Wii would stop selling after the first year.

If you truly believe in your stance here I'll will bet you right now it won't drop like a stone, 2 month sig control and a weeks ban if after 2 years it drops like a stone, I will even change my avatar to a crow if it drops.

SpokenTruth said:
thismeintiel said:

Of course not. And that's why some of us in here are eating crow. My point is, don't get to cocky about its early success until it has proven it has lasting power. And no, 6 months is not enough.  You're going to need at least a year or so, otherwise, you may be eating crow in the end.

So it launches to records, stays in demand for months post launch to the point of shortages and it's somehow just going to peter out at some point after a year?

Let me ask it this way, can you name me 1 console that started off incredibly strong for several months and then burned out a year after launch?

Something new happens every day. But well yes, it's extremely unlikely, like Nintendo HQ hit by meteor unlikely.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SpokenTruth said:

Let me ask it this way, can you name me 1 console that started off incredibly strong for several months and then burned out a year after launch?

Wii U (jk sadly)

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

I dont need to watch the Sony E3 conference, know what the neo is, know the full specs of the scorpio. Mark my words, the NX will be outdated compared to them, and its library will be extremely lacking. 

VR, 4K, third parties, many exclusives, streaming and already established install bases (30M+ for XB and 60M+ for PS) by the time the NX will release, a huge libarary of games and among many other things, thats what NX is up against. and what ever their "new way to play is", the industry is headed where PS and Xbox are headed, and it wont be able to compete. 

The NX, what ever it is, will be dead on arrival. the only place it can find its legs will be japan, if it has a handheld counter part

The funny thing is that animated gif is a perfect visual of how this prediction faired.

fleischr said:
SpokenTruth said:

Is it dead on arrival or not?

We're still "evaluating" that

Troll award?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
SpokenTruth said:

Wii U (jk sadly)

The keyword I think was several!

Acevil said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Wii U (jk sadly)

The keyword I think was several!

the keyword was actually "jk" 

Cubedramirez said:
bananaking21 said:

I dont need to watch the Sony E3 conference, know what the neo is, know the full specs of the scorpio. Mark my words, the NX will be outdated compared to them, and its library will be extremely lacking. 

VR, 4K, third parties, many exclusives, streaming and already established install bases (30M+ for XB and 60M+ for PS) by the time the NX will release, a huge libarary of games and among many other things, thats what NX is up against. and what ever their "new way to play is", the industry is headed where PS and Xbox are headed, and it wont be able to compete. 

The NX, what ever it is, will be dead on arrival. the only place it can find its legs will be japan, if it has a handheld counter part

The funny thing is that animated gif is a perfect visual of how this prediction faired.

Actually the funnier thing is that bananaking was right about the size of the XB/PS4 userbase and how much less powerful Switch compared -  but dead wrong on the Switch's ability to compete

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016