By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

Man, some of the posts here are golden.Especially Vivvys

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Can we say that this thread has gone gold ?......

bananaking21 said:

I dont need to watch the Sony E3 conference, know what the neo is, know the full specs of the scorpio. Mark my words, the NX will be outdated compared to them, and its library will be extremely lacking. 

VR, 4K, third parties, many exclusives, streaming and already established install bases (30M+ for XB and 60M+ for PS) by the time the NX will release, a huge libarary of games and among many other things, thats what NX is up against. and what ever their "new way to play is", the industry is headed where PS and Xbox are headed, and it wont be able to compete. 

The NX, what ever it is, will be dead on arrival. the only place it can find its legs will be japan, if it has a handheld counter part

It has Arrived!

But it is far from being dead! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

OTBWY said:
I like how the current defence is "It still has to sell more than the WiiU, only hardcore fans are buying it".

It's like, that doesn't even make sense, because hardcore fans weren't buying the WiiU as fast in such little time as the Switch.

Back in May someone literally used an argument like this when arguing sales in Japan where they tried saying NS can't be classed as having buyers from the portable market until it sells more than the Wii U.

Rogerioandrade said:
Can we say that this thread has gone gold ?......

I think it's more Diamond at this point.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
OTBWY said:
I like how the current defence is "It still has to sell more than the WiiU, only hardcore fans are buying it".

It's like, that doesn't even make sense, because hardcore fans weren't buying the WiiU as fast in such little time as the Switch.

Back in May someone literally used an argument like this when arguing sales in Japan where they tried saying NS can't be classed as having buyers from the portable market until it sells more than the Wii U.

I have heard the exact same thing. But as you know, goalposts are always moved. If it's not WiiU, it will be Gamecube. After that N64, and so on and so forth..

Rem87919394 said:
No different from the Wii U will outsell PS4, ps4 will be a failure, Wii U will at least outsell x1 threads that were all over here😂😂😂😂😂

their werent anywhere near as many of those threads as "NX will fail" ones

Lol. I thought this was a joke thread someone made today.

You know that thing when you uhhh...and then you...hmmm. But then you have to...umm, Yuh.

Some people are having too much fun in this thread

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

SpokenTruth said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
It would be interesting to see whether the people who are stuffing bananaking's face to the brim with crow will wind up having the same done to them in this very thread.

For the sake of the crow population, I hope not,

He said it was dead on arrival.  It certainly wasn't. This thread isn't about lifetime sales so no crow is on a future dinner reservation.

my b, I confused this with another thread.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3