By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

Fast-forward to this year, after E3 2017, and we still do not know what the NX is.
Nintendo has no faith in the NX it seems. The NX is seriously going to bomb.

Around the Network

I like how the current defence is "It still has to sell more than the WiiU, only hardcore fans are buying it".

It's like, that doesn't even make sense, because hardcore fans weren't buying the WiiU as fast in such little time as the Switch.

Rustynail said:
ironmanDX said:
We know next to nothing about all 3 of them. A bit early to be making claims like this,

Lmao, no it's not. NX failure is quite predictable. Nintendo have made a terrible job marketing and promoting it so far and the only third party game we have heard about so far has been Just Dance.

Lol. This is hilarious.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Ita really fun seeing people still defending these statements, mostly by the same people yet again

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Ita really fun seeing people still defending these statements, mostly by the same people yet again

Funny...but not surprising at all

Around the Network

Wow, threads like these really take me back. 2016 was basically all NX speculation.

monocle_layton said:
'The NX will be a failure!'
(Successful launch)

'Well, it'll fall afterwords because it's a zelda machine!'

(Still does well)

'Well, it's a port machine because 2 of the games are ports!'

In a year or two their next excuse will be that Nintendo couldn't fail because of lack of competition

Reminds me of Pachter and his gravestones for Nintendo with the Wii

thismeintiel said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
It would be interesting to see whether the people who are stuffing bananaking's face to the brim with crow will wind up having the same done to them in this very thread.

For the sake of the crow population, I hope not,

Yea, it is interesting to see how many people have called the Switch a success after only 4 1/2 months of sales.  Granted, it has had a very good launch and is still in demand.  However,  we're going to have to wait a year or two to actually see where things settle before we can call it a success.  For all we know, sales could plummet next year and it could only go on to sell 20M-30M units.  I don't see that happening (I'm predicting it to match the 3DS's sales), but you never know what the future brings.  Especially when it comes to the HH/mobile market. 

Hell, a lot didn't think mobile would hurt the HH market so much, but it did.  Sony sold so few Vitas, they dropped out of the market.  And even without a strong competitor, the 3DS is only going to do 1/2 the sales of the DS.  Maybe even less than 1/2.

You where saying?

thismeintiel said:
If the rumors are true and it isn't even on the level of the PS4, then yes, it will be DOA. It'll sell like the Wii U and could possibly be the last Nintendo console. Why? Because the core gamers aren't interested in a console that will be weaker than what they have now AND will be greatly underpowered once the Neo and Scorpio comes out. There's also the fact that 3rd party support won't be as strong as the others. We already have evidence of that in the fact that Ubisoft announced the first game they are making for it is Just Dance.

Nintendo just seems to be more interested in capturing the casual crowd they did with the Wii, which won't happen again, then making a real effort to capture the core market, the one still buying consoles.

Not exactly the same predicition than one year ago

A lot of people didn't think the Switch would do well... but if you're still trying to defend the OP, you've officially crossed the line that divides man and troll.

Rem87919394 said:
No different from the Wii U will outsell PS4, ps4 will be a failure, Wii U will at least outsell x1 threads that were all over here😂😂😂😂😂

looks like we have an emotional Sony fan on our hands

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.