By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Leaked benchmarks for AMD Radeon RX 480 hits minimum VR spec for $199

A TDP at 150 W makes me not that excited to be honest. The GTX 1070 has a TDP of 150 W and the GTX 1060 will most likely be going down towards TDP 125 W..
So right of the bat, the GTX 1060 will perform at least as good as the RX 480 and will then leap away once we start overclocking these two cards. Don't get me wrong, at 199 USD, this card is a bloody steal with the performance increase over the previous generation, but GTX 1060 will sadly steal the limelight once it's being announced and released.
I just feel AMD are still playing catch up as it is right now and they should have been the one that released the high profile cards first and not NVidia. AMD were the ones making the most noise about next gen before nVidia actually announced Pascal and later on the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080.

Around the Network

Post Removed - Zekkyou

Post Removed - Zekkyou

Post Removed - Zekkyou

MrPenguino said:
A TDP at 150 W makes me not that excited to be honest. The GTX 1070 has a TDP of 150 W and the GTX 1060 will most likely be going down towards TDP 125 W..
So right of the bat, the GTX 1060 will perform at least as good as the RX 480 and will then leap away once we start overclocking these two cards. Don't get me wrong, at 199 USD, this card is a bloody steal with the performance increase over the previous generation, but GTX 1060 will sadly steal the limelight once it's being announced and released.
I just feel AMD are still playing catch up as it is right now and they should have been the one that released the high profile cards first and not NVidia. AMD were the ones making the most noise about next gen before nVidia actually announced Pascal and later on the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080.

That 150W TDP is just the max figure and comes from the 75W of the PCIe connector plus another 75W from the 6-pin power connector.

That actual card will use less than that.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

i will get this for xmas. i think its the best gpu out there.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

zero129 said:
I think AMD is playing this very smart.
I mean if you think about it for the biggest part of people out there playing at 1080/1440P.
This will be enough power to max out any game, and alot of games at 4K too even newer ones if your willing to mix a few settings.
Imo it will only be at 4K and in VR where you will really see the difference with the 1080, and in games about 2 years down the road.
And if you think about it by the time that comes around the will be even newer and better cards out for the 200 price range again.
So for a user who didnt have the full cost of a 1070/80, they could buy a RX480 now and then in 2 years buy a newer card, so its kinda like splitting the cost in a way.
I think this is a very smart choice from AMD.

I think that price is a key factor here.

The GTX 1070 at $449 for the Founders Edition costs 499 € here in Spain (and I assume the same for the other euro countries), which means that the more affordable versions will probably cost about 450 €. I know that it beats the 980Ti, but that's insane for a "second best" card.

I think Nvidia has gone too far with the pricing this time and that the RX 480 and GTX 1060, cards that will be great to game at 1080p, will be will be the cards that will sell the most this time.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This is great for someone like me who wants to get into PC gaming.

JEMC said:

I think Nvidia has gone too far with the pricing this time and that the RX 480 and GTX 1060, cards that will be great to game at 1080p, will be the cards that will sell the most this time.

Argeed.

I think we all can agree on nVidia going too far with the stupid Founder Edition pricing. If I were the CEO of a company and my company had this position as nVidia have right now. I too would capitalize on the lack of next gen high-end graphic cards too. It's not really their fault AMD only talk.