By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Leaked benchmarks for AMD Radeon RX 480 hits minimum VR spec for $199

We finally have confirmation of the RX 480 8GB price: $229.

AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB to cost 229 USD

http://videocardz.com/61262/amd-radeon-rx-480-8gb-to-cost-229-usd

According to AMD Poland, Radeon RX 480 8GB will cost 229 USD. Of course this is just a suggested retail price, so it will likely be higher at launch, especially in regions where stock is limited.

Translation:
Suggested (retail) price is 229 USD (for 8GB model, 199 for 4GB). The price in Polish zloty will be determined closer to the launch, to avoid differences in exchange rates.

Meanwhile, according to Andrew “Gibbo” Gibson from Overclockers UK, there won’t be any custom designs available at launch on June 29th. Gibbo also speaks a little about RX 480 performance (obviously without any specific data, but I encourage you to check the link above for more info).

For those who don't know who Gibbo is, he works at Overclockers UK, one of the largest stores in the UK, and he usually knows the stuff he sells.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Arrr! Can't wait for these cards! For the full lineup of custom versions and OC tests. I hope stock is around the performance of 980, while after OC it gets near 980Ti. It would be the greatest steal in history of GPUs

Though unfortunately I really don't like what Sapphire showed, which is sad, considering I wanted to buy their card. I hope MSI and others release a sexy looking card.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

shikamaru317 said:
The 4GB model should be fine for me since I game at 1080p. I might get the 8GB model though, for high res texture mods.

Playing at UltrawideHD and using mods is the reason why I'm also going for 8GB. The difference in price is so indignificant, that there's no point risking devs will forever optimize games to run under 4GB.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Scisca said:
Arrr! Can't wait for these cards! For the full lineup of custom versions and OC tests. I hope stock is around the performance of 980, while after OC it gets near 980Ti. It would be the greatest steal in history of GPUs

Though unfortunately I really don't like what Sapphire showed, which is sad, considering I wanted to buy their card. I hope MSI and others release a sexy looking card.

If the RX 480 ends up being close to 980Ti in performance, it will be the deal of the century.

Which is a way to say that I don't think it will be that fast.

shikamaru317 said:
The 4GB model should be fine for me since I game at 1080p. I might get the 8GB model though, for high res texture mods.

With current consoles having 8GB, it's worth getting the 8GB card even if you only plan to play at 1080p.

By the way, some weirdo chinese has made a livestream "review" of the RX 480. Nothing interesting has come out of it (so far), besides a few details like that it uses 14W at idle, or a picture of the new overclocking tool from AMD

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

shikamaru317 said:
14w at idle is pretty good, low enough for passive cooling at idle I think.

I find it a bit high, to be honest.

For example, looking at the Tech Power Up review of the GTX 1070, there's plenty of cards that use less than that, even the 390...

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1070/22.html

I wouldn't put too much credit on the numbers from that "review". For example, he didn't even peel off the plastic protector

Around the Network

Videocardz has made a part 4 of their RX 480 rumors.

AMD Radeon RX 480 Rumors, Part 4

http://videocardz.com/61340/amd-radeon-rx-480-rumors-part-4

The article features a very detailed look at the reference RX 480 board and the heatsink, which looks quite simple.

Also, thanks to Newegg, we now know the base and boost clocks of the RX 480 at stock speed: 1120 and 1266 MHz

shikamaru317 said:

AMD Radeon RX 480 Spotted in NewEgg , Launching June 29

*pic*

AMD’s much awaited $199 RX 480 is set to launch in a week and online stores have begun listing the card online. Popular online retail giant NewEgg shows a VisionTek Radeon RX 480 with a 1120MHz core clock and 1266MHz boost clock although the price is not listed. While the $199 price tag is expected for the 4GB model, the 8GB variant is expected to retail for $229 ~ $249. Some online stores such as PC Connection lists the same VisionTek 8GB variant of the card for a much higher price of $266, not surprising considering the high demand. Anticipation for the new Polaris graphics card series shot up when AMD teased a screenshot at Computex showing a pair of $199 RX 480’s trouncing a single $699 GTX 1080 in Ashes of Singularity.

You beated me for 5" >.<

shikamaru317 said:
Reviews on launch day, that sucks, I was hoping we'd get them a few days earlier. Can't wait for June 29th.

Just 7 more days. And with Steam sales in between, they'll fly by.

shikamaru317 said:

^The PCB is quite short. We might see some custom single axial fan cards that are around 7 inches long.

Asus and Gigabyte made small, single fan version of the 970. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with this card too.

I'm waiting for the versions designed for OC. Double fans, extra power pins. I can't wait! I'm so excited about this GPU and what AMD releases this summer!