By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is having sex with drunk people rape?

Qwark said:

No it isn´t if you consider that rape than 90% of the people who has ever had a one night stand is a rapist. If the girl or the guy regrets it afterwards it´s a form of selfmutilation, which isn´t a crime besides the person agreed with it at that time. As others said if you can´t make reasonable decisions while you are drunk, than don´t get drunk. You can´t expect society to act responsible if you yourself aren´t able to do that because you are to freaking drunk to think logical.

Another post that makes it clear that this website should stick to gaming news. Just because you may not be able to act at your full mental capacity, does not mean you should be taken advantage of. Rape is rape, regardless of whether you are intoxicated or not.

Instead of blaming the victims, maybe you should consider that maybe the rapists should not rape people? It is the same when people slut shame. She wore revealing clothes so she was asking for it. Most of the time when someone has been raped, they have dressed moderately. Most rape victims are raped by someone that they know. 

The ignorance on this site is fucking astounding.

This is why you don't see many female users on this site. If there is a topic someone does not comprehend, they should not spout their opinion as fact. I don't try to enforce my opinion as fact on doctors, because it is a topic I do not have enough knowledge to discuss and criticise (among other topics such as advanced physics).

If you get drunk, and some dude rapes you, who is at fault? Seriously, humour me.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

Around the Network

I think the key thing to having sex with a drunk girl being rape is that they can prove you purposely got them drunk to take advantage of them. More commonly people slip pills which is rape yes.

If you just showed up, met she was already drunk, you said lets go make some boom boom, she said yes. That is not rape. The danger here is that she may regret it and then claim rape, this would not be enough to send you to jail, but its enough to f up your life. (There will be people who just assume you are an animal and that you just got off due to a flawed legal system).

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

If the person is drunk but sober enough to understand the situation and give consent then it's not rape (assuming the person doesn't say 'no').
If the person is barely conscious or passed out then it's rape. Same thing if the person is asleep (drunk or not).
There's of course a huge gray area in the middle but if you don't know for sure whether the person is ok with it or not you may want to restrain yourself. Even if it isn't rape legally it might come of as a bit desperate and creepy.

I don't think it's rape.

Only in America, the corrupt justice system can make a guilty verdict out of thin air without any evidence the alleged crimes have been committed.

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Only in America, the corrupt justice system can make a guilty verdict out of thin air without any evidence the alleged crimes have been committed.

Don't you mean sweden? That's where these hypothetical situations would be considered rape. 

I think the first scenario can be seen as rape though since both parties are drunk in the second scenario I don't view it as rape but rather bad decisions made by two drunk idiots.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Bandorr said:
You met her while she was drunk? Then yes technically rape. You can't give consent while drunk.

Both of you are drunk? I'd say no. You lack the intent to take advantage of the person.

Well thats not always true. I did give my consent while I was drunk and did not regret it in any way, shape or form

OT: the question is a bit vague for one reason: how drunk are you or the person. There are some levels of alcohol consumption where I am technically drunk but I can still make a sane decision about what I want to do, be it of sexual nature or not.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Aeolus451 said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Don't you mean sweden? That's where these hypothetical situations would be considered rape. 

Right. Good luck with that...

For someone borderline obsessed by our country and how messed up we are it's remarkable how little you actually know about us. But I guess flinging arguments left and right and hoping something sticks is easier than doing some actual research. 

Azuren said:
Legally? Yeah, too many gray areas to really argue in court.

Otherwise, like I said, there are a lot of gray areas. Did she intend to get that drunk? Did you get her drunk with the intent of sex? Is it her first time getting drunk and is unaware of the repercussions, or is she fully aware of the imminent danger she puts herself in getting drunk around men who default to baser instincts when drunk? For that matter, is the man aware of what he can do while drunk, or is he a greenhorn?

Too many variables to objectively say yes or no. That's why it's automatic rape in court, just like you're automatically at fault for rear-ending someone.

Strange thread though, I mean if being "drunk" is fine grounds for having sex with someone without consent surely a drunk rapist would then be let off the hook as well? Also I'm not sure about all of this, I think if someone wants to try to convict a person of rape based on them not being in the least bit aware of what was going on when they consented... surely they would have a hard time recreating the scene for the court without it being bought into question how they remember all the other things which happened but not the consent part?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive