By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is having sex with drunk people rape?

Imo whatever you do while you're drunk is your own damn fault and that includes random strangers you meet at a bar

Around the Network

Let's paint it in a situation that more often happens.

You show up at a bar, you meet a girl that is shitfaced. She's all over you, and tripping everywhere. She slurs asking you to come back to her place. You go to her house and sex.

You show up at a bar, you meet a girl who has had a couple drinks. She seems into you and asks if you want to come back to her place. You go back to her place and then sex.

Personally, 1 is not cool. 2 is fine.

Chevinator123 said:
No? If you drink and drive and kill someone you're responsible right? Then why isnt it the same if you consent to sex? Thats how i look at it. *shrug*

Because if you drink and get hit by a car and get killed, you're not responsible. The one in the car is.

Honestly though, it shouldn't matter if it's rape or not. Just don't do it. It's a fucking dick thing to do, no matter if it's considered rape.

You forgot the third situation.

I) You are currently sober. You met a girl at a bar and started talking. She's drunk, and you both go to her house and she agrees to having sex. You use the Donald Trump butt plug in your pocket and hear her moan for a wall to be built.

II) You and the girl you met at the bar are drunk. You go to her house, she asks for sex, and you two do it together.

III) Man is drunk and the woman is sober. Man forcibly has sex with the woman. =rape

In almost all situations the man is the rapist due to supposed power difference.

Azuren said:
Legally? Yeah, too many gray areas to really argue in court.

Otherwise, like I said, there are a lot of gray areas. Did she intend to get that drunk? Did you get her drunk with the intent of sex? Is it her first time getting drunk and is unaware of the repercussions, or is she fully aware of the imminent danger she puts herself in getting drunk around men who default to baser instincts when drunk? For that matter, is the man aware of what he can do while drunk, or is he a greenhorn?

Too many variables to objectively say yes or no. That's why it's automatic rape in court, just like you're automatically at fault for rear-ending someone.

Do you have any actual knowledge on this subject, or is it just your baseless wishful thinking?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

According to my school's title IX law, it is. Correct me if I'm remembering it wrong, though. It's a US university.

To make it equal get drunk too, problem solved

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

If your sober and she's drunk that could be considered rape. Deffo morally wrong. If you both drunk and both game then it's not rape. Can't really taper each other can you

fatslob-:O said:
Slarvax said:
Let's say I get super drunk and rape someone. Does that count as rape? I know I wouldn't rape anyone in my life, but maybe my drunk self isn't that nice to others. Can I get away with raping others by saying "I was in a state of making wrong decisions"?

The short answer is no ...

The long answer is noooooooooooooooooo ...

Unless he wants to plead temporary insanity. Scorned wives get away with it all the time. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Slarvax said:
Bandorr said:

That sounds like you are saying whatever happens to you while drunk - is YOUR fault because you chose to get drunk. I would not as that is pretty awkward and archaic thinking.

You're old enough to drink, and hopefully mature enough to know you are dumb while being drunk. There are consequences for bad decisions.

Now, that doesn't mean drunks deserve to be raped, but hey... maybe if you're around good friends or people you at least know it doesn't need to get to that scenario.

Except the vast majority of rapes occur in the family and between friends and aquaintances. Usually the perpetrator is someone the victims had some degree of trust towards. The kind of rape every woman I know is very afraid off, where a stranger snatches you off the street drags you in a dark corner and has their way with you, is actually much rarer than being raped by people you trust.

Scisca said:
Bandorr said:
You met her while she was drunk? Then yes technically rape. You can't give consent while drunk.

Both of you are drunk? I'd say no. You lack the intent to take advantage of the person.

I don't know how American bullshit law works, but in Europe it's not rape. The only case when it could be rape is when you forced her to get drunk. Like tied her up and forced her to drink. Otherwise, people are 100% responsible for what they do while they get drunk.

If you think being drunk is a valid defence when it comes to having sex, why wouldn't it be a valid defence when you cause an accident while driving a car? You are drunk and don't know what you're doing just like when giving consent to sex.

I'm pretty sure it's still rape in Europe if the girl is passed out or so drunk that she's drifting in and out of consciousness and you have sex with her, even if she got that drunk voluntarily in the first place.

Of course, having one beer doesn't make you unable to consent. Twelve? Yeah, maybe.