By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is having sex with drunk people rape?

I think it depends on how the other person is. There are several grades of being drunk, from being capable of making a conscious decision, to not knowing where the hell are you. I had sex drunk, and the other person was sober, but I certainly wouldn't call that rape.

Around the Network
Toxy said:

Another post that makes it clear that this website should stick to gaming news. Just because you may not be able to act at your full mental capacity, does not mean you should be taken advantage of. Rape is rape, regardless of whether you are intoxicated or not.

Instead of blaming the victims, maybe you should consider that maybe the rapists should not rape people? It is the same when people slut shame. She wore revealing clothes so she was asking for it. Most of the time when someone has been raped, they have dressed moderately. Most rape victims are raped by someone that they know. 

The ignorance on this site is fucking astounding.

This is why you don't see many female users on this site. If there is a topic someone does not comprehend, they should not spout their opinion as fact. I don't try to enforce my opinion as fact on doctors, because it is a topic I do not have enough knowledge to discuss and criticise (among other topics such as advanced physics).

If you get drunk, and some dude rapes you, who is at fault? Seriously, humour me.

The rapist. No one should rape no one. There.

Now, there's no need to insult everyone simply because a few of us like to spout "nonsense". If someone says something that is wrong or incorrect, don't shame them. Correct them and give your opinion. 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

curl-6 said:
hershel_layton said:

It'd be cool if people learned that being super drunk in general isn't smart. If it's to the point where you'll wake up and find out you had sex with some random person, then I think you need to take it down. Don't have 5 bottles of beer. I mean, dear lord. 

Americans and their beer.

I'm not American. ;)

If 5 bottles of beer is enough to get drunk, you're definitely not in America XD

I've read a lot suggesting your situation would be sure fire rape if you were a female. But I think it's a lot more complex than just going "I was drunk so could not consent".

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

You are still responsible for your actions while drunk, if you commit a crime drunk it's still a crime.

If you give consent while drunk, it's still consent.

If someone intentionally gets someone else drunk so they'll sleep with then however, that's definitely pushing the boundaries.

Toxy said:
Qwark said:

No it isn´t if you consider that rape than 90% of the people who has ever had a one night stand is a rapist. If the girl or the guy regrets it afterwards it´s a form of selfmutilation, which isn´t a crime besides the person agreed with it at that time. As others said if you can´t make reasonable decisions while you are drunk, than don´t get drunk. You can´t expect society to act responsible if you yourself aren´t able to do that because you are to freaking drunk to think logical.

Another post that makes it clear that this website should stick to gaming news. Just because you may not be able to act at your full mental capacity, does not mean you should be taken advantage of. Rape is rape, regardless of whether you are intoxicated or not.

Instead of blaming the victims, maybe you should consider that maybe the rapists should not rape people? It is the same when people slut shame. She wore revealing clothes so she was asking for it. Most of the time when someone has been raped, they have dressed moderately. Most rape victims are raped by someone that they know. 

The ignorance on this site is fucking astounding.

This is why you don't see many female users on this site. If there is a topic someone does not comprehend, they should not spout their opinion as fact. I don't try to enforce my opinion as fact on doctors, because it is a topic I do not have enough knowledge to discuss and criticise (among other topics such as advanced physics).

If you get drunk, and some dude rapes you, who is at fault? Seriously, humour me.

Alright let's play this game, so you say if a guy has sex with a drunken per definition he is raping her. In my opinion having sex with a probably drunken guy while being intoxicated is your own responsibility. That doesn't make the guy a rapist, if the girl regrets this, while that's sad but that doesn't make the man a hardened criminal. 

Rape is inconsistant sex by which one of either parties is forced to do things he or she doesn't want to. This can happen trough external toxicitation, pills or feeding someone drunk. But Op scetched no such image. The other way is forcing yourself upon a victim, which is Rape. A guy which has sex with a Drunken Girl is not per definition a rapist and if the girl regrets having sex while being wasted at a club, she might not should waste herself at a bar of club.

You accuse everyone that ever had sex with a girl that was drunken as a rapist. Do you know how many people you insult with that opinion.

But as for mental capacity I answer OP is question by saying having consistent sex when you are drunk is not rape, while you go shit face banana over the fact that everyone who agrees with that is a narcissus pervert which approves True rape. Which is way different and more dangerous than having sex while drunk and regret it. But entertain me with your vision.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

No here's why I say that. My two guy friends and a girl who hangs out with us al stayed the night at my friends house. We all get drunk and my friend and the girl go on his room and have sex. About 20 mins later my friend comes out and says she's not feeling good and is going to puke. She pukes and is pretty much done for the night. It was crazy cause no one really drank a lot. So the next day I'm talking to my friend through IM and he tells me that he was talking to her and brought up them having sex and she had no clue it happened and started crying. She called me like five minutes later and asked me to come over and smoke with her and I told her what happened last night. My friend was her second and while they most likely would have had sex eventually that was quick for her and she didn't like not remembering. I felt bad for her but my friend is nota rapist that's not what rape is. Call it something else and slap a law on it if you want but I won't treat people like that the same as rapist cause it's not.

Bandorr said:
Slarvax said:

If you are not happy with the decisions you make while being drunk, then don't get drunk.

Edit: and now I see you technically already said this on the OP sooo... no, it is not rape if the other person agrees.

That sounds like you are saying whatever happens to you while drunk - is YOUR fault because you chose to get drunk. I would not as that is pretty awkward and archaic thinking.

Why are your getting drunk then. The glass told you to? You might as well try to sue tobacco companies, if you get cancer.

Ka-pi96 said:
archer9234 said:

Why are your getting drunk then. The glass told you to? You might as well try to sue tobacco companies, if you get cancer.

I expect people have already tried that...

Yeah, and lost. That's my issue. You chose to get drunk. You accepted all the possible concequences for that action. Just like if you killed someone driving a car drunk. Who you gonna blame? The car company, the bar tender, the glass maker, the alchol maker?

I dont think this is such a complex issue, for me what consitutes rape is clear:

If Person A is drunk and is physically forced by Person B to have Sex its rape.

If Person A is drunk and is further being intoxicated and Person B has sex with Person A while Person A is unconscious its Rape.

If Person A decides while drunk (and still able to walk and talk) to have Sex with Person B and then regrets it on the next Day it is NOT Rape.

If Person A is drunk and Person B is drunk and they end up having sex its not Rape

Luckily I dislike drunken Sex as Alcohol makes me numb and the experience is less pleasurable and I dislike drunk people when I am not drunk myself. So I never had any regrets nor my partners as I prefer people that can act responsibly even while drunk.

If they are unable to give consent, then yes. Simple as that.