By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It it me? Or did Uncharted 4 get steamrolled by Doom and Overwatch?

Did Uncharted 4 Get Steamrolled By Doom and Overwatch?

Yes 60 16.76%

Somewhat 44 12.29%

No 254 70.95%

Total:358

It's really odd reading all the articles about this game, watching all the Let's plays of this game and following the threads dedicated to this game, and then reading comments about how the hype died. People see what they want to see. I'm assuming this title is only selling on Amazon because clearly no one's interested in it any more.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I was a little interested in Doom back when it was on Super Nintendo. I feel nothing for it now, but I like the 2005 Doom movie though.

Overwatch not my style, so I'm gonna have to disagree with you OP.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Captain_Yuri said:

I mean... Overwatch has memes so....

http://kotaku.com/the-internet-has-turned-overwatchs-play-of-the-game-int-1780136388

As well as waifus!

The memes for OW exploded in a big way that I;ve been enjoying my G+ and tumblr stream the past couple of weeks, I;ve never seen a game rack up this many in such a short amount of time.

OT:

This is generally bound to happen when you have an exclusive vs a multiplat title, the multiplat will simply win out and garner more attention/hype because it's reaching more people. Uncharted is a 3rd person platform shooter that has a huge focus on it's singleplayer, DOOM is a game that has both it's focus on SP and MP along with Overwatch having it's focus on both casual and hardcore shooting crowds. I find it just a wee bit silly to expect an exclusive to take all platforms viewership and hype away and remain on top for months on end, it didn't happen with XCOM 2, didn't happen with anything from Xbox at the time let alone Nintendo and the same rolled along with Sony.

People still interested in those games will of course still be playing them, there is no changing that, but the hype as far as things go goes with what's multiplat and what's hot, like the flavour of the month, which changes from a month or two at a time to something else that's big and popular around the corner that everyone can play, just look at Rocket League at the time that came out, that game had a silly craze going on compared to other titles and it had it's time.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I wouldn't say it got steamrolled. It's still selling well.

I don't know what's worse the op and his thread or people in this thread agreeing with him, things like that don't let me sleep at night.

Around the Network

Yeah...it's you.

Not really. Doom was pretty much what people expected. Good but not great and had mixed reviews. And Overwatch should have been released as a free-to-play game. It's not bad but just way to little content and graphics look like the game could have been running on a iPhone.

UC4 is so far the best game released this gen, but there is a reason why it's the last in the series, it's just hard for ND to get the same WOW effect from a Uncharted game that UC2 had, especially after the Last of Us.

Did Shackkobe's(OP) opinion get steamrolled by the majority of VGC members? I think so :P

-Checks Amazon hourly list- Nope, doesn't look like it.

LOL, Uncharted 4 sure has a lot of enemies.

This is VGC: we can take a look at the numbers at the end of the quarter, or even at the end of the first month of sales.

UC4 will be the only likely GotY contender of the three and I'm guessing that it will have handily outsold both games as well.