By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It it me? Or did Uncharted 4 get steamrolled by Doom and Overwatch?

Did Uncharted 4 Get Steamrolled By Doom and Overwatch?

Yes 60 16.76%

Somewhat 44 12.29%

No 254 70.95%

Total:358
ohmylanta1003 said:
DakonBlackblade said:
what the hell are you talking about, the game is a critical, fan and comercial sucess. It is probably going to sweep the GoTys this year and is the fastest selling Naughty Dog game of all time. Not to mention its a technical marvel. Are you insane ?

Don't be so sure about that GOTY thing.

It is by far the GoTY right now. Doom (albeit fun) does not hold a candle to it and online only games like Overwatch have almost no chance of winning overall GoTYs. There are still stuff coming but its rather unlikely UC 4 won't be the Wicther 3 of this year. Btw Witcher 3 by the crazy OPs standard would also have been "steamrolled" by Doom and Overwatch if it had releeased this year, Doom and Overwatch are online multiplayer shooters (altough Doom has a strong single player appeal as well), ppl buy those in droves. And Overwatch is Blizzard on top of that, Blizzard has like 10 million players that are exclusive Blizzard players. 

Around the Network
fielding88 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Not sure I understand?

http://www.lazygamer.net/gaming-news/overwatch-selling-like-hotcakes-7-million-players/

Blizzard revealed that across all three launch platforms, Overwatch has over 7 million uniquely subscribed users already playing. They didn’t release sales statistics, but did mention that this figure represented the total number of retail, digital and otherwise casual players (those just logging on at their local internet cafe). That could mean that actual sales are a touch lower than the player count, but it’s still Blizzard’s most successful global game launch, and one of the best ever.

Exactly my thought.  I will never take unique players literally as copies sold.  

Only heard that Overwatch was a very highly polished game that is lacking in content right now. But will have free content in the future. I will buy the game in the future. Hype is mostly more on third party games as more potential buyers. Also Doom has a short campagin without doing the collectibles and MP.

It's the other way around. If it weren't for Uncharted 4 I would be playing Doom right now. No time for Doom, I'm 25 hours in, just reached chapter 20 and already looking forward to a second play through. After that Doom still has to wait as R&C is next for me. Overwatch isn't on my radar.

Sort of. More people are able to discuss Doom and Overwatch than Uncharted 4.

Around the Network

I haven't considered a Doom game anything more than generic since the first game, so I'll have to disagree about the sentiment that Doom beat it.

As for Overwatch, yeah. I'll never understand why or how (probably because games like this have no real appeal to me), but yeah.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

TheGoldenBoy said:
leyendax69 said:

Where are the charts? Also based on what, did you play the game?

Of course he didn't.

I mean he claimed to have a ps vita as an excuse to call its games flops and it was actually a lie, so yeah I know but wanted to make sure :P doubt he's ever responding though.

2.7m, that it? 40m+ players, they all play Fifa and nothing else?

Random_Matt said:
2.7m, that it? 40m+ players, they all play Fifa and nothing else?

2.7 million in one week for Uncharted 4. Also, a FIFA entry hasn't sold 40 million on the console yet, so I don't think everyone is playing it . . .

DakonBlackblade said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Don't be so sure about that GOTY thing.

It is by far the GoTY right now. Doom (albeit fun) does not hold a candle to it and online only games like Overwatch have almost no chance of winning overall GoTYs. There are still stuff coming but its rather unlikely UC 4 won't be the Wicther 3 of this year. Btw Witcher 3 by the crazy OPs standard would also have been "steamrolled" by Doom and Overwatch if it had releeased this year, Doom and Overwatch are online multiplayer shooters (altough Doom has a strong single player appeal as well), ppl buy those in droves. And Overwatch is Blizzard on top of that, Blizzard has like 10 million players that are exclusive Blizzard players. 

Well, with DOOM it's not the online but single player that has gotten it a lot of good attention for being a fast paced, non-cover based or focused shooter.  Its a kinds of shooter that hasn't been done well on this scale in ages.

As for sweeping GOTY,  Final Fantasy XV, Horizon Zero Dawn, there are other games that could easily swipe a chunk of the GOTY awards.  As for why U4 hasn't gotten all the attention Last of Us did, it's because it's the FOURTH game in the series.  Not a break out new IP.