By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In the last 3 months GTA V sold 5m copies, 65m Total already.

Well deserved 

Around the Network

Some additional facts for you guys.

The PS3 & 360 versions sold over 35 million alone.

This means the PS4, XB1 & PC versions are now approaching 30 million unit sales which is insane.

Take Two is the number 1 publisher on the PS2 on PS4 store with 3 games in the top 5 most downloaded PS2 games on PS4. (The GTA games are obviously popular)

ZhugeEX said:

This means the PS4, XB1 & PC versions are now approaching 30 million unit sales which is insane.

Take Two is the number 1 publisher on the PS2 on PS4 store with 3 games in the top 5 most downloaded PS2 games on PS4. (The GTA games are obviously popular)

Do you know total lifetime sales of the GTA franchise?

I still remember when some guys called 50 million a crazy predictions lol... this game gonna sells >80 million lifetime easy now.

Teeqoz said:
ZhugeEX said:

Do you know total lifetime sales of the GTA franchise?

235 million

Around the Network
ZhugeEX said:

How the fuck is this possible lol

After those sales, I'm wondering what budget GTAVI will have. It will redifine the concept of colossal :P

I wanna see it go all the way. It'd be so damn amazing to see it overtake Wii Sports. Obviously it won't beat Tetris but damn, to overtake Wii Sports would just be historic.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Darwinianevolution said:
GTA V prints money. At this point, I'm wondering if GTA V has a chance to outsell Wii Sports in retail + digital.

it will. In some years they will probl release it on iOS / Android (like they did with previous GTA´s as well). The 100mio+ is a given, probl even 150mio wont be a problem.

freebs2 said:
After those sales, I'm wondering what budget GTAVI will have. It will redifine the concept of colossal :P

Didn't gta V have a crazy high budget of 250m? Not sure if that included advertising.  But considering the fact that gta V has made 500m in micro transactions for the online alone they could easily justify a budget of $500m and an advertising budget of $250m. Like gta 6 online would make that back multiple times and then the game sales revenue would be the icing on the cake.