By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In the last 3 months GTA V sold 5m copies, 65m Total already.

How the fuck!?

Around the Network

It isn't a number that shocks me cause it is popular....The online number is a different piece of cake;...

.'GTA Online has earned Rockstar revenue of $500,000,000.'

GTA VI emphasis will be bigger on the online part and other rockstar games could follow..... A bit troublesome for me considering I have mixed feelings about GTA online.

What in the actual Fuck. How is this possible ?

GTA must be well on its way to surpass Pokemon as the second bestselling franchise of all time now.

GTA V prints money. At this point, I'm wondering if GTA V has a chance to outsell Wii Sports in retail + digital.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
GTA V prints money. At this point, I'm wondering if GTA V has a chance to outsell Wii Sports in retail + digital.

Probably. I mean, why wouldn't it by now? It only has like what, 20 million to go? And in the last quarter alone it did 5 million (apparently), so clearly the legs aren't slowing down at all.

EDIT: 13 million in the last 12 months btw

Yeah gta will beat pokemon no problem.

But these sales are crazy. It's an immortal beast. Gta V should sell 80m easy. Possibly 100m considering it will sell for years on X1, ps4 and pc and will probably get a PS5 release too.

Kerotan said:
Yeah gta will beat pokemon no problem.

But these sales are crazy. It's an immortal beast. Gta V should sell 80m easy. Possibly 100m considering it will sell for years on X1, ps4 and pc and will probably get a PS5 release too.

Nintendo really needs to get a GTA V/VI port on the NX, the demand for this game in the West is clear.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

That is all kinds of crazy. Holy shit!

It kills me to still see this game in the top ten sales charts month in and month out, lol. I'm glad for it, though. Hopefully it motivates more publishers to fund quality over quantity.