By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In the last 3 months GTA V sold 5m copies, 65m Total already.

That's what happens when the developers take their time and make a true sequel(take note COD, Assassin's Creed, Street Fighter V etc).

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

It's the reverse for me: GTA 5 is dull compared to San Andreas. The missions in SA were varied: some involved piloting RC planes or RC helicopters, another one involved burning down a weed field, one was a tower defense type of ordeal and a mission that involved robbing a house. Also, there was the RPG elements in the game like muscle and fat as well as the turf war stuff. GTA 5 had loads of fetch quests and even one mission that is completed solely by buying a mask. That's all there was to it. Mission designers must have been asleep implementing that one.

Don't forget that gta V has a ton of online missions plus heists that San andreas doesn't.  Plus a lot of fun online modes to do with friends.  

I didn't bother much with the online aspect. The dull, cutscene-heavy single player had just sickened me so much at that point that it wasn't going to take much for me to just give up on the game altogether. Playing online, when it actually functioned, was plagued with dicks, kids, and imcompetent pricks...

GTA 5 is fully in my rearview mirror now and it's staying there.

Man I remember that thread that said it wouldn't sell 35 million even after the gigantic launch they had

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

KLAMarine said:
Kerotan said:

Don't forget that gta V has a ton of online missions plus heists that San andreas doesn't.  Plus a lot of fun online modes to do with friends.  

I didn't bother much with the online aspect. The dull, cutscene-heavy single player had just sickened me so much at that point that it wasn't going to take much for me to just give up on the game altogether. Playing online, when it actually functioned, was plagued with dicks, kids, and imcompetent pricks...

Gta as a series is not for you anymore.  It's going to go even further down this route and I absolutely love it.  Love the campaign missions,  the story,  the cutscenes,  the online missions,  heists,  races.  Everything about it.  And judging by the sales so did most.  

You're in the minority and sadly as I said the series is no longer for you. It sucks because you're obviously a big fan but hey at least you can go back and replay the old ones over and over.  Even though they control like shit and the graphics are mad basic,  you'll probably still have fun because nostalgia is a powerful thing.  

Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

Gta as a series is not for you anymore.  It's going to go even further down this route and I absolutely love it.  Love the campaign missions,  the story,  the cutscenes,  the online missions,  heists,  races.  Everything about it.  And judging by the sales so did most.  

You're in the minority and sadly as I said the series is no longer for you. It sucks because you're obviously a big fan but hey at least you can go back and replay the old ones over and over.  Even though they control like shit and the graphics are mad basic

Are you referring to the ps1 GTAs here? The ps2 GTAs controlled fine and the graphics are certainly outdated but thankfully, you don't need good graphics to have a good game.

Kerotan said:

you'll probably still have fun because nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Please don't dismiss my preference for ps2 GTAs as mere nostalgia. If there's anyone who knows why I prefer the ps2 GTAs over the newer ones, it's me. I can play San Andreas and GTA 5 side-by-side and tell you why I find the gameplay in SA much more compelling and creative.

Around the Network

Absolutely insane. It's the biggest anything ever. And it deserves it. I have it on PS3 and PS4. I only play single player with approx 30-40 minutes being spent in GTA Online.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Yeah and whats so great about celebrating it that gamers buy the same game the entire times?

how the fuck is this still selling... and selling 5 million.. 5 fucking million. some games dream of that for life time sales, and GTA5 does it in 3 months after over 2 years since its been released.

holly hell will GTA6 be HUGE.

SWORDF1SH said:
S.Peelman said:
Call me an idiot

IDIOT!

:p

How could you?!

GProgrammer said:
To me the most amazing thing is, its selling at near to launch price.
It must be number 1 game of all time for revenue

Theyve made enough money... time to go for style points, lower prices see if you cant reach that 100m and set some sorta record.