By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly Chart - 07 May 2016

3:1? meh!!!

4:1 or bust........

i really dont or never understood why MS bothered with consoles tho, i mean they windows; steam is built on windows if MS played their cards right steam would never have been a thing they could have cornered the PC gaming market. Its almost as if they have a me too curse or something

Around the Network

Wii U adjusted down... still overtracked... lol

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

AEGRO said:

First time i see a Price Cut having an inverse effect, Microsoft should have saved those 50 bucks.

The PS4 is outselling 3:1 the Xbox One, wow.

This month is not going to be pretty with Uncharted 4 topping every possible retailer out there.

The Vita outselling the Wii U again.

Some poeple will find these results "boring", i find them very pleasing because when Playstation consoles are dominating, we receive the best games. The proof is out there, just look for past gens games.

The tendencies arent changing, its not Sony's fault that their competition is not doing a great job to be competitive.

Wii U can't outsell PS Vita anymore.
Nintendo is only shipping 800k Wii U consoles for the whole fiscal year 2016/2017.
This is also the reason why I think that Wii U is still overtracked here, according to VGChartz numbers Wii U is selling around 30k every week and May in one of the worst months of the year for every console. If Nintendo sells 30k every week in this fiscal year then we have: 52 * 30k = 1.56M. And this calculation is even without considering things like Christmas or Black Friday where the sales of every console usually go up. There is no way that Wii U is doing 30k weekly becuase according to VGChartz numbers this means Nintendo will sell a minimum of 1.56M Wii U consoles and Nintendo already confirmed that they are only shipping 800k Wii U consoles this fiscal year.

Kerotan said:
Guitarguy said:

No major exclusives til end of the year also(Gears).

No surprise that.  Their exclusive line up has been average since half way through the 360 gen. 

This guy begs to differ

Speaking this week at the Credit Suisse Technology Conference, Microsoft marketing executive Yusuf Mehdi said Xbox One owners can look forward to the company's "best lineup" of games in 2016. If that sounds familiar, it might be because Microsoft has repeatedly referred to this holiday's lineup of games as the "greatest games lineup in Xbox history." Next year will be huge, too, Mehdi said.

"I really feel like the team is firing on all cylinders and we're not going to stop after this holiday," he said at the time. "Frankly, next year's lineup is as big if not bigger."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Xbox One is currently in Hibernation Mode until something relevant releases. 
I hope its not too long that i forget where is the X Y A and B in the controller.
Are Gears and Quantum Break the only big exclusives this year? 

CGI-Quality said:
iNathan said:

That is a scary market right now, PlayStation dominating like that not sure if MS or Nintendo will want to continue if their next consoles flop tbh... i see a PlayStation only market in the future in Console Gaming along with Pc and Smartphone.

Nah.

I could definitely see Microsoft leaving the console space and essentially just focusing on PC gaming whilst putting out a stream box which would allow you to play your PC games on your TV via streaming much like Remote Play for the Vita. With Nintendo there has been a clear push to move into mobile gaming and movies which to me suggests that they are preparing for the 'possibility' of gradually leaving traditional consoles behind. I think if the NX is unsuccessful(ie Wii U numbers), Nintendo will focus on mobile and movies.

With Sony, it could go either way. The PS5 may very well be the last conventional console with actual hard ware and optical based media, or it could be a digital-only console but no streaming. Sony were very clear that they opted NOT to go for any online-always console with the PS4 because many countries around the world still do not have decent online connectivity.  I don't really see internet bandwidth improving that much on a worldwide scale in 4-5 years to where you could stream GTA7 without issue. If they did go the digital-only route(non-streaming), it would reduce the cost of the machine due to it not having an optical/blu ray drive, but would still need a physical CPU, GPU, RAM etc. I'm really hoping for the PS5 to allow for physical media.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Guitarguy said:

I could definitely see Microsoft leaving the console space and essentially just focusing on PC gaming whilst putting out a stream box which would allow you to play your PC games on your TV via streaming much like Remote Play for the Vita. With Nintendo there has been a clear push to move into mobile gaming and movies which to me suggests that they are preparing for the 'possibility' of gradually leaving traditional consoles behind. I think if the NX is unsuccessful(ie Wii U numbers), Nintendo will focus on mobile and movies.

With Sony, it could go either way. The PS5 may very well be the last conventional console with actual hard ware and optical based media, or it could be a digital-only console but no streaming. Sony were very clear that they opted NOT to go for any online-always console with the PS4 because many countries around the world still do not have decent online connectivity.  I don't really see internet bandwidth improving that much on a worldwide scale in 4-5 years to where you could stream GTA7 without issue. If they did go the digital-only route(non-streaming), it would reduce the cost of the machine due to it not having an optical/blu ray drive, but would still need a physical CPU, GPU, RAM etc. I'm really hoping for the PS5 to allow for physical media.

I don't see a Sony-only market anytime soon (though if I had to take the wildest guess, I think Microsoft will exit before anyone else). However, I do expect optical media next gen.

Me too.

I wouldnt be worried for Nintendo, they are a videogame company after all. Worst case scenario, they stop prodicing hardware, but all their games will prevail everywhere else.

Sony as a company may not be the hottest among them all because they cover a wide spectrum of different bussinesses BUT the Playstation division is doing great lately, a Playstation 5 is at the very least guaranteed.

CGI-Quality said:
Guitarguy said:

I don't see a Sony-only market anytime soon (though if I had to take the wildest guess, I think Microsoft will exit before anyone else). However, I do expect optical media next gen.

I certainly hope so. Sony have been pretty very good at listening to what the consumers want, this was shown when they discarded the notions of an always-online console and restricted second-hand game options. When they announced that they were not going down that path, they were met with gigantic praise from the public. Hopefully they will see that the masses do prefer physical media for gaming and that this is not the same principle as music CD's and compressed Youtube videos....

Wow....and this is the week BEFORE UC4...next week SHOULD be even crazier.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Ka-pi96 said:
AEGRO said:

First time i see a Price Cut having an inverse effect, Microsoft should have saved those 50 bucks.

The PS4 is outselling 3:1 the Xbox One, wow.

This month is not going to be pretty with Uncharted 4 topping every possible retailer out there.

The Vita outselling the Wii U again.

Some poeple will find these results "boring", i find them very pleasing because when Playstation consoles are dominating, we receive the best games. The proof is out there, just look for past gens games.

The tendencies arent changing, its not Sony's fault that their competition is not doing a great job to be competitive.

Only problem with that is gen 7. Playstation didn't dominate then yet we still had plenty of fantastic games. Would suggest that it's more of a coincidence that PS did so well during gens with great games before rather than there being a direct relationship between the two.

The PS3 had a lot of good games but it was sorely lacking with the japanese ports. If it sold well earlier on, it would of had more games. 

Guitarguy said:
CGI-Quality said:

I certainly hope so. Sony have been pretty very good at listening to what the consumers want, this was shown when they discarded the notions of an always-online console and restricted second-hand game options. When they announced that they were not going down that path, they were met with gigantic praise from the public. Hopefully they will see that the masses do prefer physical media for gaming and that this is not the same principle as music CD's and compressed Youtube videos....

I will always prefer Physical over Digital.

Sadly, i have to buy all my games digitally because i cant find new retail games where i live.

It is inevitably that the servers will be shut down someday, and aaaall that money that we spend on those titles will be gone forever.

I might be wrong about the servers thing tho, but thats something that i have always thinked about. What will happen when...