By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly Chart - 07 May 2016

Ka-pi96 said:
AEGRO said:

First time i see a Price Cut having an inverse effect, Microsoft should have saved those 50 bucks.

The PS4 is outselling 3:1 the Xbox One, wow.

This month is not going to be pretty with Uncharted 4 topping every possible retailer out there.

The Vita outselling the Wii U again.

Some poeple will find these results "boring", i find them very pleasing because when Playstation consoles are dominating, we receive the best games. The proof is out there, just look for past gens games.

The tendencies arent changing, its not Sony's fault that their competition is not doing a great job to be competitive.

Only problem with that is gen 7. Playstation didn't dominate then yet we still had plenty of fantastic games. Would suggest that it's more of a coincidence that PS did so well during gens with great games before rather than there being a direct relationship between the two.

I agree completely. But something must've happened during 7th gen because each and every Japanese publisher saw a huge decline in market share with the exception of Nintendo. No matter what, I just hope that 3 of my favorite publishers (Sega, Capcom and Square Enix) can reach some of their former glory. There are just so many great IPs that have to return some day XD

Around the Network
AEGRO said:

This guy begs to differ

Speaking this week at the Credit Suisse Technology Conference, Microsoft marketing executive Yusuf Mehdi said Xbox One owners can look forward to the company's "best lineup" of games in 2016. If that sounds familiar, it might be because Microsoft has repeatedly referred to this holiday's lineup of games as the "greatest games lineup in Xbox history." Next year will be huge, too, Mehdi said.

"I really feel like the team is firing on all cylinders and we're not going to stop after this holiday," he said at the time. "Frankly, next year's lineup is as big if not bigger."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Xbox One is currently in Hibernation Mode until something relevant releases. 
I hope its not too long that i forget where is the X Y A and B in the controller.
Are Gears and Quantum Break the only big exclusives this year? 

So far their "best line-up" only consist of Quantum Break. I give them credit though. At least they released a game in the first 6 months of the year unlike last year. 

Aeolus451 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Only problem with that is gen 7. Playstation didn't dominate then yet we still had plenty of fantastic games. Would suggest that it's more of a coincidence that PS did so well during gens with great games before rather than there being a direct relationship between the two.

The PS3 had a lot of good games but it was sorely lacking with the japanese ports. If it sold well earlier on, it would of had more games. 

We'll never know but I too think that the early success of the Xbox 360 with Xbox Live and its online shooters coupled with the late and expensive launch of the PS3 affected the market share of Japanese 3rd party publishers in a negative way.

Whether that's good or bad is of course subjective but personally I miss many Japanese IPs nowadays.

Jranation said:
The 3DS is still kicking XONE Ass!!!! Hahaha!

The x1 will probably never outsell the 3DS lifetime.  NX vs X1 could be w great battle.  

Removed

Around the Network
Lola55 said:

Removed

Lol WTF? I've never seen bots on here before.

Looks like exclusives DO matter.

Hope XB1 sales improve. Also I doubt the Vita is doing 35k at this point.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

FIT_Gamer said:
AEGRO said:

This guy begs to differ

Speaking this week at the Credit Suisse Technology Conference, Microsoft marketing executive Yusuf Mehdi said Xbox One owners can look forward to the company's "best lineup" of games in 2016. If that sounds familiar, it might be because Microsoft has repeatedly referred to this holiday's lineup of games as the "greatest games lineup in Xbox history." Next year will be huge, too, Mehdi said.

"I really feel like the team is firing on all cylinders and we're not going to stop after this holiday," he said at the time. "Frankly, next year's lineup is as big if not bigger."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Xbox One is currently in Hibernation Mode until something relevant releases. 
I hope its not too long that i forget where is the X Y A and B in the controller.
Are Gears and Quantum Break the only big exclusives this year? 

So far their "best line-up" only consist of Quantum Break. I give them credit though. At least they released a game in the first 6 months of the year unlike last year. 

There will be the annual Forza game too right? And is Halo Wars out this year? Still hard to call it best in Xbox history when from a console only perspectvie I'd say 2007 was the best year in Xbox history: Halo 3, Forza 2, Mass Effect (console exclusive at the time), CoD4, Ass Creed, Bioshock (also console exclusive in 2007), and maybe a handful more.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PS4 is still over estimated by 546k at the end of 2015! Also, only 144k PS4's were in stock/getting shipped to retailers on the week ending April 2 (40m shipped as of March 31, according to VGC selling through 39.86m), and sold almost 200k the next week?

Why has this not been fixed? VGC will only continue to be wrong because of this.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287