By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly Chart - 07 May 2016

AEGRO said:
Guitarguy said:

I certainly hope so. Sony have been pretty very good at listening to what the consumers want, this was shown when they discarded the notions of an always-online console and restricted second-hand game options. When they announced that they were not going down that path, they were met with gigantic praise from the public. Hopefully they will see that the masses do prefer physical media for gaming and that this is not the same principle as music CD's and compressed Youtube videos....

I will always prefer Physical over Digital.

Sadly, i have to buy all my games digitally because i cant find new retail games where i live.

It is inevitably that the servers will be shut down someday, and aaaall that money that we spend on those titles will be gone forever.

I might be wrong about the servers thing tho, but thats something that i have always thinked about. What will happen when...

Have a spare hard drive and backup all your games and patches :) Good way to future proof your PS4 for when the servers are eventually shut down. Imagine playing the day-one version of Assassin's Creed Unity!!!

Around the Network

Wii U sold more in europe than the US? not really sure if thats true.

Dr.Vita said:
AEGRO said:

First time i see a Price Cut having an inverse effect, Microsoft should have saved those 50 bucks.

The PS4 is outselling 3:1 the Xbox One, wow.

This month is not going to be pretty with Uncharted 4 topping every possible retailer out there.

The Vita outselling the Wii U again.

Some poeple will find these results "boring", i find them very pleasing because when Playstation consoles are dominating, we receive the best games. The proof is out there, just look for past gens games.

The tendencies arent changing, its not Sony's fault that their competition is not doing a great job to be competitive.

Wii U can't outsell PS Vita anymore.
Nintendo is only shipping 800k Wii U consoles for the whole fiscal year 2016/2017.
This is also the reason why I think that Wii U is still overtracked here, according to VGChartz numbers Wii U is selling around 30k every week and May in one of the worst months of the year for every console. If Nintendo sells 30k every week in this fiscal year then we have: 52 * 30k = 1.56M. And this calculation is even without considering things like Christmas or Black Friday where the sales of every console usually go up. There is no way that Wii U is doing 30k weekly becuase according to VGChartz numbers this means Nintendo will sell a minimum of 1.56M Wii U consoles and Nintendo already confirmed that they are only shipping 800k Wii U consoles this fiscal year.

Wellthereitis.gif I guess we can crown the vita now.  Despite everyone doubting it could avoid the wooden spoon it's managed to do it.  At least we had faith!! 

Slarvax said:
Wii U adjusted down... still overtracked... lol

PS4 too :-3

Teeqoz said:
Slarvax said:
Wii U adjusted down... still overtracked... lol

At least, we finally got  the needed brave adjustment down for 3ds , doing small adjustments so far, were making 3ds to end up even more overtracked, (remember when you made the thread, 3ds should have been adjusted down immediately  by 1.2m +)  well done ioi for finally doing it, now its psv's turn for the same thing...

Apropos, I think that ps 4 hasn't been adjusted down at all, teeqoz.

Around the Network
kivi95 said:
What's the lowest week XboxOne have had?

It was selling  like the wii u before dropping the kinect...

XBO is about 8k less than same week YoY, PS4 about the same. I know the sales tracking is pretty boring these days, but react like it's the first week than ps4 sell like 2x or 3x than One, will become boring also. It's not even nearly the worst May for Xbox One, look at 2014...

Tim and The Princes...

tak13 said:
Teeqoz said:

At least, we finally got  the needed brave adjustment down for 3ds , doing small adjustments so far, were making 3ds to end up even more overtracked, (remember when you made the thread, 3ds should have been adjusted down by 1.2m)  well done ioi for finally doing it, now its psv's turn for the same thing...

Apropos, I think that ps 4 hasn't been adjusted down at all, teeqoz

Oh wow, I hadn't noticed that the 3DS had finally been adjusted down. About time

The PS4 was adjusted down like 4-500k a week or two ago, but what I actually meant was that it is still overtracked

Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:

At least, we finally got  the needed brave adjustment down for 3ds , doing small adjustments so far, were making 3ds to end up even more overtracked, (remember when you made the thread, 3ds should have been adjusted down by 1.2m)  well done ioi for finally doing it, now its psv's turn for the same thing...

Apropos, I think that ps 4 hasn't been adjusted down at all, teeqoz

Oh wow, I hadn't noticed that the 3DS had finally been adjusted down. About time

The PS4 was adjusted down like 4-500k a week or two ago, but what I actually meant was that it is still overtracked

WTF TEEQOZ! Such a huge adjustment down eluded you?  :P

I'm waiting for platform totals update,  to see how much ioi has reduced  the row number ( and NA) , since it  was obvious that most of the  problem was there, it must be  extremely difficult to track row sales decently!  ;)

He has removed 500k from rest of Europe ( nothing from UK, France, Germany but anywise vgc numbers had been proved either right or close  for these territories)  and the long-pending 200k surplus from the USA, which had transpired in May's npd results last year!

Naufraguito said:

XBO is about 8k less than same week YoY, PS4 about the same. I know the sales tracking is pretty boring these days, but react like it's the first week than ps4 sell like 2x or 3x than One, will become boring also. It's not even nearly the worst May for Xbox One, look at 2014...

Why are they boring?

Not everybody can be a Yankees fan, there is also people that roots for the San Diego Padres.

Just because the PS4 is dominating doesnt make the charts any less exciting.