By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition: Remove Uncharted 4 Washington Post Review from Metacritic

A petition is a bit far but it is odd that they added it when they have another review thats a perfect score instead of this review that has no score and is obviously unprofessionally written.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
spemanig said:
This guy is a terrible articulant.

It was painful to read. Honestly.

A 4/10 is unreasonable but no more unreasonable than the 4/10 Quantum Break got or the 2/10 Forza Horizon 2 got.

This is just getting childish now. Just accept the troll review.

Hope metacritic doesn't remove it.

Lol who cares, we always knew this was going to happen. You guys are doing exactly what he wants, giving him attention.

If anything this review should show why metacritic is awful. Removing it only encourages more score whoring like we currently have, because it sets the precedent that if you score a game badly your review doesn't count then.

And yes, I know it's allegedly a joke review. That doesn't matter to the people reading the headlines if it gets reviewed. Hell, having a joke review here actually improves the argument to make about metacritic being terrible. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
foodfather said:
A 4/10 is unreasonable but no more unreasonable than the 4/10 Quantum Break got or the 2/10 Forza Horizon 2 got.

This is just getting childish now. Just accept the troll review.

Hope metacritic doesn't remove it.

Yeah i agree 

Nem said:

Oh someone has a different opinion than you? That can not be allowed!

You know what that is called? Fascism! Yeah... i find this petition absolutely disgusting and anti-freedom of speech.

I don't think people should try to shout down people with other opinions, and I have no intention of signing that petition.

But did you read his review? It's awful. Like, just a badly done review. I honestly couldn't care less about him giving it a 4/10  or how it effects the meta or whatever. But I do feel that the Washington Post, and the industry as a whole need to know that a review that poorly written isn't really acceptable.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

This game is getting way too much hype, it is getting out of hand.

People needs to stop giving too much credit for things like critic reviews/Metacritic.

If the review stays, or gets removed, what will change? Nothing. Just play the game, share with your friends, and stop paying attention to things like that...

I stopped giving attention to Metacritic ages ago.

I wouldn't give it a 4 but other than its technical achievements it seems to be pretty awful. I watched Jesse Cox stream this over 2 hours and it's so unbelievably boring. David Cage would love this interactive movie that let's you press a few buttons before the next hour of cutscenes.
I totally get why it's so popular though. It's basically directed and written like so many of the popular mainstream american live action series. Hits every button on the lowest common denominator.

I will definitely watch the let's play to its conclusion but I doubt it will get better at any point. It's just a string of set pieces held together by cutscenes and the occaion highly scripted alibi gameplay.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.