By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition: Remove Uncharted 4 Washington Post Review from Metacritic

Bandorr said:
think-man said:

Yeah i agree 

The difference is that those reviews were "real". This review as a JOKE one. It is literally a fake review they made as a laugh. One the made AFTER they already reviewed the game.

Is is both a second review, and a fake/joke one on top of that.

If its a joke review, then why did they submit that one to MC?

Around the Network

Signed.. that review is an insult and a bad joke

Bandorr said:
KLXVER said:

If its a joke review, then why did they submit that one to MC?

If I understand correctly - they didn't submit it.

Now if they did submit it - then I remove all my complaints and think it should stand.

I actually don't know how metacritic got it. I believe someone told me they stumbled upon it? You have me curious now - wonder if I can find out.

MC said on Twitter that 4/10 was the score that WP provided us.

Sorry but if Federation Force still exists then the odds of this going away are next to nil. Also what does it matter if you like the game? Do your feelings get hurt that bad?

vivster said:
I wouldn't give it a 4 but other than its technical achievements it seems to be pretty awful. I watched Jesse Cox stream this over an hour and it's so unbelievably boring. David Cage would love this interactive movie that let's you press a few buttons before the next hour of cutscenes.
I totally get why it's so popular though. It's basically directed and written like so many of the popular mainstream american live action series. Hits every button on the lowest common denominator.

.... there are some chapters that "set up" for the story. Mostly the early 4 chapters are a bit slow but interesting if you like a good story. It does get going then, ramping up quickly. 

Gunplay is approaching MGSV quality now with the improvements and the stealth option is a whole other way to play. The enemy AI is ramped up and the game really opens up in various areas to give you plenty of options.... explore or fight or avoid and go for objectives. 

Since it took me 19hrs and 30 minutes ..... I think judging it off a few minutes of a stream is a bit of an unfair assessment. In short, it is no less a game than MGSV or Gears or any other big franchise... in fact it varies the pace and gives you more variety over the course of the game with puzzles, climbing, story, exploration and combat than most other games. 

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:

If anything this review should show why metacritic is awful. Removing it only encourages more score whoring like we currently have, because it sets the precedent that if you score a game badly your review doesn't count then.

And yes, I know it's allegedly a joke review. That doesn't matter to the people reading the headlines if it gets reviewed. Hell, having a joke review here actually improves the argument to make about metacritic being terrible. 

This. People put too much of their opinion of a game based off a review site. Reviews are valuable for letting a person know what kind of game they may be buying into -but even then, most who use Metacritic seem to only look at the numbers. They don't care about the actual reviews at all. Metacritic acts more of a buffer to boost their confirmation bias or to fuel their justification to love/hate a game more than using it as a library to see how or why a game was given the score it was given at the time of its publication. 

Teeqoz said:
spemanig said:
This guy is a terrible articulant.

It was painful to read. Honestly.

I'm not talking about the review.

I'm talking about the petition.

Bandorr said:
KLXVER said:

MC said on Twitter that 4/10 was the score that WP provided us.

Curious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/review-uncharted-4-finds-brotherly-love-amid-spectacle/2016/05/11/f76beb2a-1773-11e6-971a-dadf9ab18869_story.html

Is their first review (written on the 11) and is their real review.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/05/12/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-review-this-four-part-series-should-have-ended-after-part-one/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_1_na

Is their second review (written on the 12th) and is their joke review.

Maybe a further part of the joke - is actually submitting the fake one?

The only thing I can think of is that the WP rates on a scale of 4. So they probably told Metacritic "4" and they assumed it was out of 10.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Should be a petition to remove stupid petitions...

Why does someones opinion have to be a score anyway. if you like UC4, play it and ignore the rest.

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
Should be a petition to remove stupid petitions...

Why does someones opinion have to be a score anyway. if you like UC4, play it and ignore the rest.

Because it's a joke opinion used to calculate an official review score