By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Proof Nintendo can have console games on mobile. ARM is the future.

Will Nintendo go with a mobile based system for console games?

Yes, the market is moving... 36 26.09%

No, standard game console... 102 73.91%

Total:138

Hate to break it to everyone, but full version console games are now released on mobile devices simultaneously with their console versions. This is the second year Activision has launched this console game to mobile. This is the full console version of the game. 

There is no reason Nintendo can't do the same thing. And before you say this is just a Skylander game, how are Mario games any different.

Nintendo's new system COULD be mobile tech based.

It's happening right now, console games are going to mobile devices and this is the future of videogames.

What do you think about this trend? Will it continue?

Please stay on topic and let's respect other people's opinions.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network

Why would ARM be the future if x86 means developers can easily port from console to console as well as PC? And I doubt that Skylanders means that publishers are developing full games for mobile loll. Tell me when the console versions of Call of Duty, BF and etc are getting ported to mobile, then I will start to believe.

And sure, Nintendo's new system could be ARM based... But then if its a console... Then they may as well say goodbye to third parties since porting from ps4/x1/pc will be a challenge (comparatively) and porting those games to mobile is pointless cause not only can phones not handheld the graphics but playing those games with a touchscreen is terrible. And most people with phones don't even have a controller...

(unless this is like a joke or something, then my joke meter is off)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Why would ARM be the future if x86 means developers can easily port from console to console as well as PC? And I doubt that Skylanders means that publishers are developing full games for mobile loll. Tell me when the console versions of Call of Duty, BF and etc are getting ported to mobile, then I will start to believe.

And sure, Nintendo's new system could be ARM based... But then if its a console... Then they may as well say goodbye to third parties since porting from ps4/x1/pc will be a challenge (comparatively) and porting those games to mobile is pointless cause not only can phones not handheld the graphics but playing those games with a touchscreen is terrible. And most people with phones don't even have a controller...

You nailed it.

IOS and Android do not have default controllers. That is a huge market for Nintendo to become the go to controller for all mobile devices. What competition could stand up to Nintendo in the mobile controller market?

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Captain_Yuri said:
 And sure, Nintendo's new system could be ARM based... But then if its a console... Then they may as well say goodbye to third parties since porting from ps4/x1/pc will be a challenge (comparatively)   

A compiler takes care of different CPU-architectures. This is no big deal. Different GPUs and different power-level make much more work for porting.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Captain_Yuri said:

You nailed it.

IOS and Android do not have default controllers. That is a huge market for Nintendo to become the go to controller for all mobile devices. What competition could stand up to Nintendo in the mobile controller market?

"Go To Controller for all mobile devices"... What? Why would people that don't have a controller buy a controller? The reason that they don't have a controller is because they don't care for one... Mobile gaming is mostly in the touchscreen category, not controller gaming category...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

"Go To Controller for all mobile devices"... What? Why would people that don't have a controller buy a controller? The reason that they don't have a controller is because they don't care for one... Mobile gaming is mostly in the touchscreen category, not controller gaming category...

That is Nintendo's job to convince people through marketing that they need a controller to play all of their fantastic game offerings on the devices they already own.

Imagine a controller the same size as the first NES one, but with a battery and more button options. It would easily slide into your pocket and be ready to game on the go at a moment's notice.

I would buy one and always have it with me.

I mean, the easy counter-argument is that Nintendo needs third parties and those games are far more demanding.

But there's full blown asscreed games on mobile, so that doesn't really hold water. I'd say that you should support your arguments with more examples like that.

spemanig said:
I mean, the easy counter-argument is that Nintendo needs third parties and those games are far more demanding.

But there's full blown asscreed games on mobile, so that doesn't really hold water. I'd say that you should support your arguments with more examples like that.

Yes, the first Assassins Creed game on mobile was in 2007 I think. Mobile game revenue is skyrocketing fast and we are going to see more and more console franchises make the move to mobile. As mobile processing power continues to grow at an exponential rate it is not only a matter of time before full home console experiences are available on our portable devices, it's happening now. The missing component to console games on phones and tablets is the controller.

I can see Nintendo moving to ARM. Nvidia's shield console at $199 uses about 10W and beats the Wii-U in power. And indeed it will make games easily portable to mobile.

Who knows maybe Nintendo has already struck a deal with Nvidia and Nintendo will use their X1 chip(hence the codename).

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Captain_Yuri said:

That is Nintendo's job to convince people through marketing that they need a controller to play all of their fantastic game offerings on the devices they already own.

Imagine a controller the same size as the first NES one, but with a battery and more button options. It would easily slide into your pocket and be ready to game on the go at a moment's notice.

I would buy one and always have it with me.

Then they may as well fail because looking at this generation, Nintendo's marketing is certainly one of their weakest points. And most people don't care for a controller because they want to play casual games... Not controller based games... Most people don't want to carry more things then they need to, that is the point of a smartphone, its supposed to alleviate that nonsense. Yea I don't see it happening...

There are plenty of good controllers avaliable today that can do the exact same job and can be put in your pocket... Yet mobile people don't care