By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Proof Nintendo can have console games on mobile. ARM is the future.

Will Nintendo go with a mobile based system for console games?

Yes, the market is moving... 36 26.09%

No, standard game console... 102 73.91%

Total:138
RolStoppable said:

Are you seriously that deluded or is this yet another instance of posting nonsense to get reactions?

Ah, Mr. Stoppable. Glad you could swing by and grace this thread.

But you haven't told us your views on seeing full console games showing up on mobile devices. It's happening now.  

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
I can see Nintendo moving to ARM. Nvidia's shield console at $199 uses about 10W and beats the Wii-U in power. And indeed it will make games easily portable to mobile.

Who knows maybe Nintendo has already struck a deal with Nvidia and Nintendo will use their X1 chip(hence the codename).

The Shield is probably the strongest argument for an ARM or comparable mobile SoC being used by Nintendo. 

Shiken said:

At least for their mainstream audience.  ;)

With Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing games going to mobile, Nintendo IS making it happen.

Your right. Those games will be aimed at more casual touch screen gamers. But does Nintendo have something in mind for more mainstream gamers on mobile? These are the people who would buy a Nintendo controller for their phones and tablets.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

I'll never get to the point where I need reading glasses to play games.

The PS5 Exists. 

Nem said:

Read the thread title.

I wasn't responding to the title. I was responding to your post.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
I'll never get to the point where I need reading glasses to play games.

Or a magnifying glass.

spemanig said:
Nem said:

Read the thread title.

I wasn't responding to the title. I was responding to your post.

I was naturally answering the topic. If you didn't read it in the context it was meant, theres nothing i can do.

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Shiken said:

At least for their mainstream audience.  ;)

With Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing games going to mobile, Nintendo IS making it happen.

Your right. Those games will be aimed at more casual touch screen gamers. But does Nintendo have something in mind for more mainstream gamers on mobile? These are the people who would buy a Nintendo controller for their phones and tablets.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nem said:

I was naturally answering the topic. If you didn't read it in the context it was meant, theres nothing i can do.

I know you were. Then you made a description of what gaming is "supposed to be" that includes consoles and excludes handhelds. I pointed out the flaw in that description. It doesn't matter that you were just talking about home consoles. The point is, you shouldn't have been.

Shiken said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Damn dude, you making these things on the fly or what.

Core gamers do play casual games. I enjoy a restful casual game after work from time to time. I'm sure others do the same.