By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if MGS4 and GT5 P bombs.?

Ajax said:

if ps3 owners won't buy mgs4 or gt5
then what the hell do they want?

R2, KZ2 and GOW3. I'm not at all hyped for final fantasy or gt5 and i'll get mgs4 on sale sometime.

Around the Network

be reasonable man.. i wont argue with the fan boys.. but over all sales of those to games are surly to be floppy.. most of the people who bought ps3, bought it for its brand name, and those people wont buy ps3 for things like mgs4 or "home".

GT might be a exception.. but.. it will never sell as good as the other ones, it simply cant.. this is why FF13 isnt getting released right now, cause the ps3 sales are too low.

if u say this generation is a three way winner then keep lying to ur self

FinalEvangelion said:
Let me get this straight here. Is this a thread about "These games need to do successful for the sake of the PS3?" or is this about "PS3 haters need these games to bomb as a last resort?"

@Manuelf, the MGS 1 and 2 didn't exactly launch with 10x userbase.

I see alot of Nintendo fanboys here trying to say the Japanese market is the only market that matters and trying to avoid the issue of the European market. Many developers from Japan have emphasized that they will be looking the international markets for games with good world wide reception. I do remember in October when Wii sales were declining rapidly how quickly "Japan didn't matter." Luckily Wii sales are up and Japan "matters again."

No one said the Japanese market is the only one that matters... There are two reasons why the Japanese market was being focused on for a part of the thread:

1- GT5:P has already been released there, so we have Japanese sales numbers we can discuss.

2- Konami revealed their sales expectations for MGS4 in Japan, but they didn't do the same thing for other territories.

Sometimes when you think a bit, it often turns out that other people aren't as stupid or fanboyish as you would assume.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

MGS4finishTheFight said:
Aj_habfan said:
You guys need to stop putting so much faith in the Vgchartz numbers for the previous MGS games. None of them have "Other" sales, and Konami has already confirmed sales that are like over 2 million above our database numbers.

Do not try claim VGChartz sales figures are wrong. VGChartz  sales figures are based on worldwide sales and they are 100% accurate. BTW Konami would inflate their sales figures to make themselves look better.

1.  I NEVER said they were wrong! Just that the data from Others wasn't collected. Vgchartz isn't wrong, just the people using the sales for it.

2. Vgchartz 100% accurate? Maybe on some older games, but no way man.  They are accurate, but ioi would be the first to tell you that they are updated regularly.

3. Konami doesn't need to. It makes sense. The data availabe + Others information not availble = Konami numbers.

Neither of them are going to bomb

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

So after all GT5:P bombed sort of not in Europe but atleast in NA... most of the people here were expecting high numbers with 1 million pre orders.

Aj_habfan said:
I don't think GT5:P can bomb, unless extremly terrible sales, due to the fact that we will never know download sales which could be argrued forever, and the fact it isn't a full game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 won't bomb, so no point in discussing that.

If MGS 4 has below a 90 percent average on Gamerankings, imo, it will be a flop.

Doubt it will bomb in sales, though.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Noobie

the only thing that bombed was your ridiculous prediction

A prologue (DEMO) getting 1 million + sales = HUGE financial success...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

lol, Prologue 1 million first week in Disc version alone in US and EU? or it'd bomb? And I thought I laugh at people too much for their ridiculous prediction.

Here my prediction.

I predict GTAIV will FLOP, if it sells under 23432432423423 million copies.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Noobie said:
So after all GT5:P bombed sort of not in Europe but atleast in NA... most of the people here were expecting high numbers with 1 million pre orders.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you are completely blind. how did it bomb in NA? do you have past data to compare it to? no, because gt prologue games have NEVER been released in america. overall, this game was a huge success, considering the time of year it was released, and the install base it was catering to. infact, you don't even need to take those into consideration, the game was a success regardless of it's situation.