By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if MGS4 and GT5 P bombs.?

I think if GT5 is going to release in Spring 2009 then GT5:P should do over 3.5 million.. with such low price and so many features this is not exactly prologue rather a medium sized game. It doesn't seem like it has much legs to go over 2 to 2.5 million, which in my opinion seeing the content/quality of the game is not very good response.

Plus i said in my opinion it is bombed if it doesn't do 500k in NA.. which it failed miserably.

Around the Network

Holy shit man, you have probaly the worsts posts I have ever seen on this site. Just please stop talking.

Noobie said:
I think if GT5 is going to release in Spring 2009 then GT5:P should do over 3.5 million.. with such low price and so many features this is not exactly prologue rather a medium sized game. It doesn't seem like it has much legs to go over 2 to 2.5 million, which in my opinion seeing the content/quality of the game is not very good response.

Plus i said in my opinion it is bombed if it doesn't do 500k in NA.. which it failed miserably.

So 2.5-3.5 million is bombing?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Noobie said:

well not rlly but still - ppl expect more from such a game

dsoverpsp said:
ckmlb said:
Noobie said:

well not rlly but still - ppl expect more from such a game

So people expect more than 2 mil sold (not including downloads) for a Prologue?

Around the Network

God help us...

@ dsoverpsp )

in fact people weren't even expecting it (a "demo" to those who want to put it down) to do much more than 1 million lifetime

ckmlb said:
Noobie said:

GT is one of the 3 defining games for PS3... along with MGS and FF... Although it is just a prologue not the full game but it was also half priced and was sort of a barometer for the high profile games sales... So if it doesn't do good then it will not be good sign for other games and the will lower the developer confidence.. So i think GT5:P should have some 3 - 3.5 million sale...

Just my point of view and u have ur right to differ...

Noobie: Nice on give unrealistic sales numbers and call it bomb when it dont reach it....smart.

WTF are wrong with some of you people. Any game that sells over 1 mil is not a flop! and for high profile games, 1.5-2mil I'd say. Just because a game sold 3 mil and not 5 mil does not mean its a flop. Geez what is wrong with some of you? A game making millions of dollars of profit, and you call it a flop? I feel sorry for games that don't even make it to a million....

If I look at it the way you people do, then if Gears of wars 2 doesn't sell 5 million, its a flop? get real. Even if that game sold 2.5 million, it did great, just wasn't the mega seller you were expecting it to be. Some people need to be more realistic.

Remember, FFVII sold about 10million units, FFIX sold a little over half of that, that doesn't mean that FFIX bombed.. because I know alot of developers out there wished their games sold half as much as FFIX did!

GT5 and MGS4 will not bomb or flop or whatever. It might not sell as high as the previous games, which makes sense considering the userbase. But it will in no way bomb. And i can assure you that both will sell over 3 mill WW.