By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if MGS4 and GT5 P bombs.?

Game did overall better than GT4P, it did worse in Japan so you could call it a failure there, it did better in Others so I fail to see how it could be a bomb there, and it's completely new in America so I figure we call that one in the middle since we have no idea how it should have done. All in all, I guess I'm just saying that you are wrong.

Around the Network

Umm... GT5: P flopped? A game that's sold 1.25 million and has only been out for a month in europe and a week in America has flopped?

And not counting downloads, especially in america, where downloads are big?

Hmm... maybe your definition of flop needs to be reassessed.

and MGS4 is definitely not going to flop, if the mass amounts of people crashing the Konami ID site, and the beta are anything to go by, sales will be great.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Noobie

the only thing that bombed was your ridiculous prediction

A prologue (DEMO) getting 1 million + sales = HUGE financial success...

Many of those copies were bundled at no additional cost. I don't know how many, but I don't think we can say financial success so easily. Anyway, GT5P didn't bomb except in Japan. 

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Noobie

Many of those copies were bundled at no additional cost. I don't know how many, but I don't think we can say financial success so easily. Anyway, GT5P didn't bomb except in Japan.

I doubt Sony will be sadden to have sold a console instead of just a game.

I don't know, that's just my thinking.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
NJ5 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Noobie

how are you so sure that these numbers contain the bundle aswell? prologue is still in the top 10 of every retailer WITHOUT the bundle anyway, so it must be selling well without the bundle too.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Noobie

Well, according to VGC, GT5: P has sold 870k since release in Europe (plus downloads), and the PS3 has sold~450k units since launch, so at least 400k of the sales haven't been the bundle, but that would mean that no one who owned the game bought it, which is unrealistic, so I'll take a 50/50 split, and say at least 650k of the games sold were not  the bundle, coupled with sales from the other countries, over 1 million units have been sold, plus downloads, minus bundles.  1 million isn't a huge financial success, but the game is far from done selling.

GT5:P has grossed $50 million in just the retail market in this short a time. Yeah, huge failure for what amounts to an extravagant online Beta.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

If GT 5 P is a flop then what is a success? It's one of the quickest selling PS3 games ever.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Aj_habfan said:
I don't think GT5:P can bomb, unless extremly terrible sales, due to the fact that we will never know download sales which could be argrued forever, and the fact it isn't a full game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 won't bomb, so no point in discussing that.

If MGS 4 has below a 90 percent average on Gamerankings, imo, it will be a flop.

Doubt it will bomb in sales, though.

It will not be below 90%. I expect it not to be that low even.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Uh.... Bombed huh... If so then I'm sticking with my 360 :(