By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you happy with the current Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Are you...with Nintendo?

Happy 52 17.87%

Sad 21 7.22%

Dissapointed 110 37.80%

Indiferent 46 15.81%

Mad 24 8.25%

Satisfied 31 10.65%

Other (share) 7 2.41%

Total:291

Very happy with 3DS, happy with Xenoblade. Aside from Wii, Nintendo hasn't had a great home console since the 90s. NES was awesome, SNES was awesome, N64 was a huge disappointment, Wii U was pretty bad, and GameCube was an embarrassment.

I am expecting NX to be a massive improvement though. I am hoping for something as satisfying as the SNES, and as fresh as the NES and Wii. I expect Nintendo's greatest console to date.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Not really many games I'm interested in coming from Nintendo except for ZeldaU, Paper Mario: Color Splash and Rhythm Heaven Megamix. I'm a bit disappointed, but hopefully things will look brighter when we get to know more about the NX and the games coming for it.

haha they're literally essentially on an 'off season' in terms of being right in that awkward time period after a struggling console and right before trying a new one. of course right now is not going to be an awesome time period : o

I think they did an extremely solid job with the 3DS and the Wii U is flawed and not great unfortunately. That said things like Mario Maker, Splatoon, Smash- I still consider them so much vastly better than other things released elsewhere this gen that I can let it go.

so I'm about indifferent. Nintendo failed a bit with the Wii U but considering I like the 3DS I think its about a middling level of performance.

its tough though, because its Nintendo people have such high expectations and they look bad when they're still better than a lot of the competition. 

again though, right now is a terrible awkward and somewhat unfair time period to judge them. they have made it clear in press releases that they are putting a LOT into the NX and focusing on it right now. a lot of the work they've been doing this year and last year are things we won't see until 2017. which I'm mostly fine with

I always say wait until you're comfortable with a system and its library to buy it. If you are an early adopter thats always going to be dangerous and leave potential for disappointment since you don't really know what you're getting into

maxleresistant said:

mad.

No metroid, Zelda being pushed back, the NX not ready for 2016, no new WiiU games for 2016, that string of shitty games with AC amiibo, Devil's third, Mario Ultra Smash and now Starfox... 

Hey, Devil's 3rd is great. I bet you didn't even played it and made baseless conclusions.

The 3DS is great. Wii U is top 5 worst consoles of all time up there with the virtual boy. I'm never gonna look at a Wii U and say "this short lived console didn't have the best 3rd party, but after launch it had great games consistently ". That's reserved for the Dreamcast as in 2 years it had Marvel vs Capcom, Panzer Dragoon, sonic adventure 1 and 2 skies of Arcadia, jet set radio, the 2k sports games, Crazy Taxi 1 and 2, phantasy Star Online, space channel 5, Samba de amigo, chu chu rocket, f355 challenge, Sega ft, grandia 2, house of dead 2, Shenmue 1 and 2. You get the point.  The Wii U had 6 month droughts just like the n64,which means Nintendo is consistently failing at providing content, and the content it does provide is limited to a few genres. Nintendo consoles are only good for people with exclusive interests in Nintendo. They're garbage consoles overall. So yea I've been unhappy since after the SNES.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Around the Network

It took me two years to buy a WiiU...and I only have three games for it.

They seem so much more interested in being "innovative" than actually making games.

DannyDesario said:

The 3DS is great. Wii U is top 5 worst consoles of all time up there with the virtual boy. I'm never gonna look at a Wii U and say "this short lived console didn't have the best 3rd party, but after launch it had great games consistently ". That's reserved for the Dreamcast as in 2 years it had Marvel vs Capcom, Panzer Dragoon, sonic adventure 1 and 2 skies of Arcadia, jet set radio, the 2k sports games, Crazy Taxi 1 and 2, phantasy Star Online, space channel 5, Samba de amigo, chu chu rocket, f355 challenge, Sega ft, grandia 2, house of dead 2, Shenmue 1 and 2. You get the point.  The Wii U had 6 month droughts just like the n64,which means Nintendo is consistently failing at providing content, and the content it does provide is limited to a few genres. Nintendo consoles are only good for people with exclusive interests in Nintendo. They're garbage consoles overall. So yea I've been unhappy since after the SNES.

This. It's not only about the overall lack of content, but lack of genres.

Nintendo has been like a 2D platform fabric.

And considering what SNES was, I think PS1 is the true SNES successor. N64 was Nintendo leaving the industry to do their own thing.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Skratchy said:
It took me two years to buy a WiiU...and I only have three games for it.

They seem so much more interested in being "innovative" than actually making games.

Although they made Splatoon and it's a solid shooter, I don't know if we can call them innovative any more. Since Wii U, I can't see any greatness like we used to see on Wii days. SMG days are gone.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?