By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you happy with the current Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Are you...with Nintendo?

Happy 52 17.87%

Sad 21 7.22%

Dissapointed 110 37.80%

Indiferent 46 15.81%

Mad 24 8.25%

Satisfied 31 10.65%

Other (share) 7 2.41%

Total:291

Another day, another question. I was debating internally wheather ask you this or another Zelda question, but this won.

So, as the thread title asks you, are you happy with the current Nintendo? And this take in count 3DS, Wii U, delays, games released, financial strategies, marketing, mobile, future.

Take in count that as human beings, we can have many feelings: love, hate, rage, happiness, sadness, dissapointment, etc.

I'll start: as a whole, I feel dissapointed by Nintendo. I believe most of their games didn't do anything to me.

On the 3DS side: this was the first handheld in a long time and was pleasanty surprised. My favorite games are Ocarina of Time 3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV and A Link Between Worlds (and then people tell me I hate it...), and unlike 3DWorld, I feel 3D Land is an spot-on game for the console. For the future I'll likely get on day one: Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII.

On the Wii U side: delays, droughts and Xenoblade. I'm mad that the only game they are showing this E3 is one that it is going to come god knows when during the next year (if it is not delayed again) because the Wii U successor. Fuck this shit. The entire gen for the homeconsole has been madness. Long ago there are those E3 2014 happy days...

On the mobile side: they have to delay Miitomo, which is not by any means a great app, and are banking basically the rest of the year (aside of Pokemon)  in their next 2 mobile apps: Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem.

On the future side: now that I laughed hard, really don't care when they are releasing if they were supporting their current hardware... (go to the Wii U side to see for yourself).

On the management side: I was expecting Kimishima to fix many of the problems that Nintendo had, but now it is worse: more delays, and more droughts.

The Wii U library for 2016-2017

Honestly, Nintendo has a lot to prove to me in the next years to regain my trust. Please understand share your sentiments.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I'm mixed, but I think the future looks brighter.

spemanig said:

I'm mixed, but I think the future looks brighter.

Well done.

The can't go lower than this. Please.

Once again - yes. Very very happy!! 😁

I'm starting to believe this website belongs to Nintendo and it's somehow a Nintendo advertising site. What's with all this Nintendo threads everyday?

About your question, i am not very happy with them (i sold my Wii U long ago) and i doubt this'll change with NX.

Around the Network

I got a decent library from the 3DS so I'm satisfied there.

I got ny Wii U solely for Smash Bros, so I am also satisfied in that regard.

Droughts don't really affect me since I also play games on Steam, so yea.

I'm definitely not happy with Nintendo right now though, especially with Wii U being a horrible console overall, and with their extremely questionable decisions, including their E3 plans this year.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Of course not.

I only own a 3DS and I'm very happy with that console.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Boutros said:
Of course not.

Of course you are not happy? Or of course you are not going to tell us your feeling towards the current Nintendo?

I want to like Nintendo more than I think I do.

I don't think I can complain too much about the 3DS. It's got some of my favorite games of all time, and more are coming out.

The WII U on the other hand... well there's no denying it has its share of great games (Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, etc.), but it does seem like they're not getting put out as fast as in the WII era.

The current problem as I see it is E3. If it really is Zelda and nothing else, I think that will be bad. Zelda WII U could be the greatest WII U game ever, but its still just one game. Also, anything about 3DS? And why not start the hype train for the NX now?

Basically, my perception is that Nintendo doesn't seem concerned with helping themselves and their image. It seems like they have abandoned the WII U, and 3DS may not be far behind. If this perception isn't reality, Nintendo doesn't seem like they have interest in correcting it.