By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2016 Thread - Starting!

Conference Starting

Hype 22 100.00%

Total:22

The conference grew at the end but the first half was a drag. MS care less about how many XBoxes they will sell going forward, and more about how they an grow entire gaming community within XBox as a platform. I just hope the only infrastructure on X1 will come to PC and that I can play all my games there, that would be to truly merge PC/X1.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
JRPGfan said:
6 Tflops, and 320 gb/s memory bandwidth... its going to be 599$ isnt it?

Probably $499. I'm not sold on it for only one reason - if the games I want the system for are also coming to the PC, I haven't a need to buy that.

I was thinking the same thing, given i just built my new PC (thanks for the help on that btw!). We can at least hope it'll result in the pseudo-generation jump PC multi-plats usually get whenever a new console comes out.

jason1637 said:
The exclusive this year are
Forza
Dead Rising
Gears
Recore.
And a shit ton of 3rd party and indies. Next year is gonna be great. The also have the XB1 S this year.

LOL None of those games are exclusive as they are going to be on PC too.

The conference was good for Windows 10/PC, average for the actual games (nothing exciting besides the usual) and horrible for XboxOne which had no exclusives and only Live features that made it appealing.

A more powerful Xbox is pointless when you could just buy all the games on PC if you want powerful hardware and still no exclusives to sell the Scorpio so overrall an average conference.

A weird "funeral" conference. Almost no new announcement (State of Decay and the apparently non-exclusive Dead Rising 4?) , everything is on PC, they announce a really interesting new Slim console and then they kill it by announcing that there will be a better console next year.

The overall message and official strategy I'm getting is really "The XOne failed and is dead, play with us on PC or let's try again from scratch with Scorpio next year". Pretty weird feeling about it...

Sam1994 said:
All Xbox exclusives are coming to PC ! The PC master race!!

Wake me up when PC gets background music

Around the Network

Oh and... we don't have to pay for online on a PC if we wanna play Xboxone games on it?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

So...pretty much everything is coming to PC. Now they need to hurry up and fix the Windows store so I don't have to buy and Xbox One.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Not bad overall 7/10 imo. It was mainly the Win 10 show. But at least now I get Gears 4 on PC. Next year will be interesting with Scorpio/Neo face off. Although, the Scorpio reveal looked more like Feb 2013 PS4 reveal rip off segment.

I'd say my only complaints are the Minecraft portion and the FFFXV demo (terrible job at showing it off)

I'm pretty disappointed. They announced too much new stuff last E3 that was mostly teaser, cinematic trailer or just a splash image and now they had to show gameplay for all the stuff. Could've been distributed more evenly between the two conferences.
This results in very few new game announcements. Dead Rising 4, State of Decay 2 and Forza Horizon 3 being really good though.

What saved the conference for me was Scorpio, which sounds quite amazing but also quite expensive. Will need to see if developers actually care for their current releases and do free graphical updates (based on using PC textures etc.) or if they will only do it for future releases. Anyway, full BC is a good thing.
Second thing that saved it is free Limbo and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.